Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

So was searching for the old "Halloween/horror" movie thread but couldn't find one. Enjoyed hearing others recommendations on horror movies. Should I start another or do you think it would be OK to post in here even though it's not really OT?

Id rather start another thread. I'm looking for scary movie ideas. Having a horror movie night with my wife and her friend next week. Trying to narrow it down to 3 movies

Speaking of which, Crimson Peak tomorrow night!

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Trick 'r Treat is an actual Halloween horror movie, pretty good one too. 85% on rotten. Quite a few big names in it. Its a bunch of side stories within one main story. I think it's still on Netflix.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

Last three movies

The Intern...

Okay, surprisingly, this was a good movie. Easily the most well acted movie I've seen this year(minus Inside Out, but I'm not counting that).

It just seemed like everybody played their part really well. I'd say it was the San Antonio Spurs of movies this year. At times it can be kind of boring, but you can't deny the execution. The length of the movie was too long IMO.

The Vist...

First time seeing a horror film from start to finish. It was decent. Had a nice little twist in there that I wasn't expecting. Had some funny moments. And it didn't have those typical, "I wouldn't do that if I were you" parts in the movie.

War Room

So it's a Christian movie so I automatically went in with low expectations. And I saw it twice :( Once with my mother and again with my girlfriend...
I've seen works from these producers before so I knew what to expect. It was a good movie honestly. Acting wasn't that good, but the story line was pretty decent. Like The Intern, it went on longer than it should have.

• Like 1

The Martian: A

Loved it. I'm a big science fiction nerd. I thought the suspense and pacing was right on, and the humor and humanity really set it apart. Great flick. I'm going to read the book now.

San Andreas - C+

Your typical big summer blockbuster 'splosion fest. The Rock is entertaining as an action star. Other than that, this isn't breaking new ground here. Great visuals, campy story, and **** gets blowed up.

Tomorrowland - B

Pretty solid, actually. I had no interest in seeing it in the theatre, but I checked it out and it's pretty good. I think the villain in the story is cheesy and doesn't make any sense, but it has a solid story and will keep you engaged.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Black Mass and Sicario.

• Like 2

Dope. Pretty funny hood movie, and it pokes fun at "ghetto" stereotypes throughout. Shameik Moore has the makings of a star, he stole the show and was easily the best thing about the movie. Currently at 87% on rotten. I say B+ is about right. Produced by Forrest Whitaker and Pharrell had a hand in it, too.

3 college bound nerds, who live in LA's most dangerous neighborhood, get caught up in some hood situations. Hilarity ensues.

MV5BMjA3MjYyNTk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc1

Saw this yesterday. Agree with you on all points. Very violent, dark and gritty movie.

Battling the drug trade and cartels is quite horrific. You get in bed with other evil people to do it and some of your means are less than questionable.

This movie asked a lot of tough questions. The sad part is that I'm not sure there are any good answers for them.

I saw that yesterday.  It was kind of all over the place.  I'll give it a solid B.  Definitely dark.

• Like 1

I recorded it and I'll watch it later this week.

yeah...i'm starting to pile up the DVR with HBO/Cinemax/Showtime movies that I'm eventually gonna watch LOL.  Jupiter Ascending, Exodus: Gods & Kings, Kill the Messenger, and at least two-three others LOL.  

Sicario: B+

Pretty damn good. The tension in the movie was palpable, and the suspense was on point. The story seemed to lack continuity a bit, though. It seemed like it couldn't quite maintain it's focus. The central point was a team of agents looking for a drug kingpin, but it felt like it took a back seat to other character's drama a bit too much. Overall, well worth the view. Emily Blunt is a babe.

• Like 1

The Babadook - I finally sat down and watched it with no interruptions or multi-tasking.  I'm gonna give it a C+.  I thought the story was pretty decent.  Makes you think, not typical horror, intellectual and psychological horror.  It was a tad slow in parts though.  If you have nothing better to watch on a rainy day, it's free on Netflix, worth a look.

11181166_ori.jpg

• Like 1

MV5BMjM1NTc0NzE4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDky

Terminator Genisys (2015)

I give this an A-.  I don't care what anyone says, critics or otherwise, me and the wife loved this flick.  I thought the story was great, I loved where they took the story line.  Sure, there were some minor issues, but I think overall, they did a fantastic job covering up things that I thought would go unexplained.  

Only issue was that Sarah Conner was not played by Linda Hamilton and John Conner not by Bale, but let's face it, Linda is way too old to pull it off (see spoiler) and Bale was an asshole behind the scenes IIRC.  Great ending setting up the future for another movie if they decide to go there.  

I don't care if I get blasted for this, but I'd rank the franchise in the following order:  T2, T1, T-Genisys, T3/Salvation tied for 4th (I go back and forth with these two).

So, since they went back to 1984, Linda would be way too old or the other actress from T1 to pull it off.  They did a great job of describing how the T-800's human flesh aged to blend in, which allowed Arnold to play the roll as his older self.  I loved the fact they made the movie about an ever evolving "****ing" with the space time continuum.  So we witnessed an alternate timeline from 1984 than the original, which was very cool, imo.  Also, with Genisys still being alive at the end, opens up the possibility for another movie.  Hope they pull the trigger.

• Like 1