Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

I watched my next batch:

Enough Said- Pretty good for chick flick. Gandolfini was pretty good in this.

The Maze Runner- Pretty decent.  Lord of the Flies meets The Hunger Games, but not bad.

Birdman- Bleh.  Not my kind of movie, but I did like the performances of Norton and Keaton.

The Drop- Good movie.  James Gandolfini's last movie. Tom Hardy- He will be a legend when he's older if he keeps up his versatility with all of these roles.  Every movie he's been in, I've loved.

My Summer of Love- Older movie.  What can I say- Very boring, but the Boobs and Cheeks on Miss Emily Blount.  Yowza!

Maleficient- Cute Story.  Not bad for a Disney type movie.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters- Cool action. Loved looking at Gemma Arterton.  Decent movie. More graphic than I thought it would be.

Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies- I liked it. I think it tied everything together.  Good Flick.

• Like 2

MV5BMTU2ODI3ODEyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM3

"Mobster and hit man Jimmy Conlon has one night to figure out where his loyalties lie: with his estranged son, Mike, whose life is in danger, or his longtime best friend, mob boss Shawn Maguire, who wants Mike to pay for the death of his own son."

6,6/10  
Ratings: 6,6/10 from 46 859 users  
Edited by FrFan

MV5BMTU2ODI3ODEyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM3

"Mobster and hit man Jimmy Conlon has one night to figure out where his loyalties lie: with his estranged son, Mike, whose life is in danger, or his longtime best friend, mob boss Shawn Maguire, who wants Mike to pay for the death of his own son."

6,6/10

Ratings: 6,6/10 from 46 859 users

Run All Night

I saw this the other day and didn't even bother to post it on here. It was a mess, barely kept my interest.

I love the guy but the Liam Neeson kickass action parade might be coming to an end.

Be thankful, at least we got Taken and The Grey out of it.

The Drop- Good movie...Tom Hardy- He will be a legend when he's older if he keeps up his versatility with all of these roles. Every movie he's been in, I've loved.

This. So much this.

Eagerly awaiting a review of the Fantastic Four disaster.

Reviews are everywhere...and it's getting slaughtered. FOX deserves it but I feel terrible for the actors - all of them are extremely talented but were overqualified and miscast for this film.

Insurgent

Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart with the help from others on her side.

Not bad.  Not a movie I would typically watch, but it did keep my attention for the most part.  (Wifey movie time)  6/10

Kingsman

A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

This movie was pretty cool.  Had the gadgets, action sequences and you really pulled for the kid in the movie to succeed.  8/10

Fantastic Four - D+.  It was okay, if it was a made for DVD movie.  It just didn't feel like a movie.

I redeemed myself when I saw "The Man From UNCLE" today.  A more intelligent flick and it gets an A from me.  I hope it does well for a sequel; as the 3 leads had good chemistry. I also, want to see more adventures with the UNCLE team.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

Straight Outta Compton is worth it. It was a very good movie that told their story about how they came together, the breakup, and more. Eazy, Dre, Cube are the main focus, but Yella, Ren, Jerry Heller & Suge Knight play an important role in the movie. About 2 and a half hours, but keeps you entertained. I enjoyed it.

Straight Outta Compton - Very good movie, way better than Notorious.  The actor that plays Eazy E and Ice Cube's son as Cube were great in it. The first 90 minutes of this movie are as flawless as it gets, after that you can tell they had to cut some stuff to get the movie releasable in theaters.  F. Gary Gary (the director) said the directors cut will clear three hours.   One of the best movies I have seen this year.

• Like 2

Just watched It Follows. Not my cup o' tea. Just don't follow the feels i guess.

Really wanted to watch Dark Was The Night, & hedged because of all the fan fare that eas being directed at It Folloes...may have watch it now just to get that bitter taste out of my mouth.

Edited by nemocystem

DBZ Resurrection F...

Took the little one. Was a blast! Absolutely loved it, & the crowd made the atmosphere so much more enjoyable.

Love my nerdy peeps!

Haha I recently went with a bunch of friends and saw that too. It was great except for....

The huge crap they took on Vegeta, yet again. Could he ever please just once kill the villian instead of Goku or Goku's kid?He doesn't get to fight Frieza until after Goku has already kicked Frieza's ass into pulp and Goku gets cheap shot and nearly dies. Then Vegeta finally gets to step in and clean up the scraps and he absolutely crushes Frieza and is seconds away from killing him only to have Frieza blow up the entire planet Earth and everyone on it. Vegeta let that happen. Nobody else has let that happen before. Nope, Vegeta did though, couldn't even stop Frieza, a mere seconds away from death, avenging his entire Saiyan race and planet by killing Frieza, and he can't finish it. So let's rewind time and have Goku step in and kill Frieza right before Vegeta again. 

I really feel as a Vegeta fan that I am being trolled at this point. This was trolling at it's finest.

That said, the movie was fun, the theater was packed which made it even better. The action scenes were well done and the movie jumped right in from the first few minutes, no overly long buildup like Battle of the Gods. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Straight Outta Compton - Very good movie, way better than Notorious.  The actor that plays Eazy E and Ice Cube's son as Cube were great in it. The first 90 minutes of this movie are as flawless as it gets, after that you can tell they had to cut some stuff to get the movie releasable in theaters.  F. Gary Gary (the director) said the directors cut will clear three hours.   One of the best movies I have seen this year.

I agree, but I saw that they left out a very volatile incident involving Dr Dre.

Just watched The Hunter, starring Willem Dafoe with Sam Neill in a minor role. A very interesting thriller that got pyschological in parts due to the minimal aesthetic. As I continue to think about it, it had a vibe similar to First Blood. But I've got to say, Dafoe was really good in this - he is definitely talented and a pleasure to watch. I can't decide on a score but I'm leaning to high 70's/low 80's

• Like 2

Straight outta compton. Would be the best movie I've seen all year it it weren't for mad max.

I was a wee little homie listening to these dudes, and though I've heard all the stories about their rise to fame, it was neat watching a film about it.

I love how this movie humanized NWA. they were regular hood dudes, with E being the only real "thug." They joked around, had fun, liked to party like most 18-25 year olds. But so many angry people at the time only saw red bandanas hanging from uzis when they thought of NWA. Don't be mad at them for speaking the truth about the world they live in.

Strong A for this film. All actors were good, but the young man who played Dr. Dre has a bright future ahead of him. He was awesome. So was Giamatti. Go see this movie, guys. Today.

• Like 1

Straight outta compton. Would be the best movie I've seen all year it it weren't for mad max.

I was a wee little homie listening to these dudes, and though I've heard all the stories about their rise to fame, it was neat watching a film about it.

I love how this movie humanized NWA. they were regular hood dudes, with E being the only real "thug." They joked around, had fun, liked to party like most 18-25 year olds. But so many angry people at the time only saw red bandanas hanging from uzis when they thought of NWA. Don't be mad at them for speaking the truth about the world they live in.

Strong A for this film. All actors were good, but the young man who played Dr. Dre has a bright future ahead of him. He was awesome. So was Giamatti. Go see this movie, guys. Today.

Saw this yesterday too. Thought it was outstanding. They were before my time obviously being born in 86, I know their music but never really knew their story and all that went on between them and their management issues etc.

Movie was extremely well done, especially the casting. Wow, they really nailed Dre, Cube and E. I seriously couldn't even tell at some points that it wasn't Ice Cube, especially when he had a hat on and put on that angry face. He looks just like his dad. Guy that played Dre killed it too and I thought E's actor did an awesome job too, especially with his sickness and some of the emotional scenes toward the end.

Also, seriously, was 2pac a hologram or did he have a twin brother or something? I know that was a minor cameo spot really but damn, I could have sworn that was him.

Great movie though.