Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Hey now! Divorce is a strong word. I was thinking cinematic separation, just to take some time off from movies and sort things out. To be fair, she likes both movies. Watched em a few times at home since. I've nodded off during a few movies myself. The English Patient comes to mind. 

Spy.  Currently getting a 95%/86% on Rotten. ... McCarthy did what she could with what I felt was a kind of weak story, but she did make me laugh.  Give it a B-.

I know I'm a week late, but I have NO idea at all why that movie is rated that high. It was kind of funny, but not that funny. I guess it was a movie that a lot of people liked and gave it a good rating, probably thinking other people might rate it low... I give it a 2.5/5

It was still better than the last movie I saw.

50 Shades of Grey. It just wasn't that good of a movie. Definitely meant for thirsty ass middle aged women who ain't getting that thing beat up. It's not even that the acting was bad or that the story line was weak, it just really felt like a dumb movie. 1.5/5

I'm watching movies more now, so I'll start contributing to this thread a little more lol

I kept waiting for a moment like this, but never got it.  Pretty disappoint in JW. 

If you went in expecting to be wowed like you were for Jurassic Park you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Come on Chew, you know nothing will ever replicate those feels. How many things are ever as good the 4th time around...is anything? It's actually like what they talk about in the movie, just like the park, nobody is thrilled or excited about seeing dinosaurs on screen anymore. We've become jaded. 

So I didn't expect Jurassic Park, that is classic of the highest order, especially if you saw it in theaters when it first dropped. 

**Spoilers**

I thought JW was awesome though. I got chills when they discovered the old visitor center from JP and picked up the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner that fell during the T-Rex roar at the end. The Indominus was a great villain too. It was badass that's why when she goes and open the T-Rex (Which is the same T-Rex from JP) paddock and lures it out with a flare...I mean just a great idea and sequence. Then the Indomus still beats the Rex and Raptor and after regaining itself, bang, eaten alive out of nowhere by the biggest meanest dinosaur on the island. Then the JP T-Rex is shown overlooking her kingdom again, finally reclaiming it after 20 years and returning balance to their environment, letting out a victorious roar. Man I got chills on that too. What an ending. 

• Like 2

That was about it for me, the final 10 minutes or so was awesome. But all the action during the movie...didnt sell me. And ya shame on me for expecting so much. But this joint has been getting a lot of hype and I let it get to me.

Fun movie tho, worth seeing in theaters because dinosaurs

If you went in expecting to be wowed like you were for Jurassic Park you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Come on Chew, you know nothing will ever replicate those feels. How many things are ever as good the 4th time around...is anything? It's actually like what they talk about in the movie, just like the park, nobody is thrilled or excited about seeing dinosaurs on screen anymore. We've become jaded. 

So I didn't expect Jurassic Park, that is classic of the highest order, especially if you saw it in theaters when it first dropped. 

**Spoilers**

I thought JW was awesome though. I got chills when they discovered the old visitor center from JP and picked up the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner that fell during the T-Rex roar at the end. The Indominus was a great villain too. It was badass that's why when she goes and open the T-Rex (Which is the same Tn-Rex from JP) paddock and lures it out with a flare...I mean just a great idea and sequence. Then the Indomus still beats the Rex and Raptor and after regaining itself, bang, eaten alive out of nowhere by the biggest meanest dinosaur on the island. Then the JP T-Rex is shown overlooking her kingdom again, finally reclaiming it after 20 years and returning balance to their environment, letting out a victorious roar. Man I got chills on that too. What an ending.

**Spoilers**

I just thought the writing was horrible and no, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as JP. Where as JP was clever, this one was not. JP had a better story and character than JW. Even the final battle just didn't do it for me. I saw that the huge sea creature was going to save the day a mile away. That entire scene was to give Blue the raptor his moment. And for that raptor and the T-Rex to make eye contact as if to say, " we're cool" was cheesy and unrealistic. That T-Rex would have went straight for that raptor.

I understand that they've found carnivorous dinosaurs bigger than the T-Rex since JP, but the T-Rex O's still believed to have the strongest bite force ever. How does it keep getting it'scads kicked especially when it usually when it starts out on top. We saw it in JP 3 when it was killed by the spinosaurus and we saw it in JW.

And there's quite a bit more but I won't go there. For now.

I don't get that about the T-Rex and Raptor at the end. T-Rex is an Apex predator but that just had its ass handed to it and was near death. The Raptor wasn't aggressive in that moment, I can see it not stirring the pot. And a hybrid Rex/Raptor seems like a formidable foe for the older Rex, it's arms were a big advantage in the fight and it was faster.

The characters weren't very well developed but Pratt and BDH were fine. The story worked for me to set up a hybrid

killing machine loose on the park.

I don't know, I thought it was a blast and worthy of the JP name

Saw Jurassic World Again - this time dad's took their sons and left the 6-year-old girls at home.  This time in 3d and "D-Box" (moving seats).  My wife called the movie theater and swore that we got discounts because it was Tuesday - but for some reason the theater didn't give us the discount we thought we would get (that's the 2nd time there was a miscommunication - but its movie theater people).  I hate it how confident she is and then I always get there and things don't work all peachy and I have to hear about it.    

Felt the pace and story were great - I mean "great for a sequel" - right.  Because very few movies live up to the sequels.  I also loved seeing the park fully staffed, and operational (I never saw numbers 2 or 3).  It was also funny to me the second time around that they didn't catch on that there was raptor genes in it.... why the fark would you really want to mix raptor and T-Rex - but the thing looks like a mix between a Raptor and a T-Rex?!  I didn't catch on that the first time though... that feeling when you are betrayed by your raptors. They left a bit on the table for Dr. Wu to follow-up on as well as introduce a new "bad guy" - someone who Hoskins was working for - Congressman maybe?.  But please wait 10 years before going in that direction. 

Enjoyed the Jimmy Fallon bit so much - we went to Universal Studios 20 times in the past year and took the tram just about every visit.  I didn't get "we need more teeth" until the 2nd time... and for some reason I though the scene where they took out the "containment unit" was great cinematic artwork... watching the guys flat-line one-by-one at the control center, and then the mood of the room when Claire re-entered... this movie had a lot of classic "horror movie" moments,and that's really why we watch things like JP and Jaws - right? 

I've been watching "Daredevil" again and its hard for me to believe that Hoskins is the same actor... amazing work... yeah - I bet you didn't need that arm.  Maybe you'll show up as a Darth Vader like character in the sequels. 

• Like 2

^^^Regarding the Indominus

I don't think anyone would have willingly mixed Raptor and T-Rex genes outside of Wu, who took his directive way too far, due to his arrogance. He should have learned when he found out the females were breeding after JP1 due to the tree frog DNA that was used. He should have foreseen that using DNA from reptiles that can camouflage and lower heat signatures, much less communicate with other deadly predators in the park could end up being adapted by the hybrid.

But I liked the way that all of those things about the Indominus were revealed. I agree I thought the pacing was great, seeing the full functioning park in the early stages then building up the tension until the outbreak and right into the finale.

But since we are nitpicking, let's looks at JP1.

1) Tim should have died after being electrocuted

2) Trex stomps out of paddock on level ground, 5 minutes later there is a 50ft dropoff on other side of fence

3) The Raptor tapping it's toe against the floor while it patiently mulls over where the kids are hiding.

4) A 13 year old computer hacker (only developed thru 1 throwaway line earlier) hacks into a complex and foreign computer system in 3 minutes and saves the day. I guess Hammond spared expense in his security and operating systems

5) Muldoon, Raptor expert, defeated by Raptor using same Raptor hunting strategy described earlier

6) Sam L Jackson's severed arm apparently just stuck behind a wall until Ellie leans against it

7) Unfinished sick Triceratops storyline

8) Shooot Herh!

9) unrealistic kids/ stereotypical scared girl and boy genius knows more about dinosaurs than dinosaur experts on island

10) why are kids being invited to island that hasn't even been approved

11) why did the entire staff leave on the weekend your grandkids are coming to visit

12) poorly designed park ie no chance for visitors to see dinosaurs

13) Ellie is annoying

14) Kids both outsmart and outrun raptors

15) TRex appears at the end out of nowhere to save day, apparently walking through the 10ft high front door unnoticed, though every other time in the movie, it's steps are felt from far away.

16) extremely convenient falling jeep and falling dinosaur bone survivals

17) dilophosaurus decides to somehow get in Jeep before Nedry and also wait patiently in the passenger seat to eat him until he can give Nedry the "surprise sucka" face

18) Hammond spares no expense as mentioned repeatedly except when it comes to paying the malcontent computer programmer that literally runs the entire park!

So anyway, that was actually of fun.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Transformers Age of Extinction

This wasn't worth the $1.50 redbox charges. I fell asleep halfway through it and when I woke up didn't even bother rewinding to see what I missed.

Just endless, mindless explosions, a story that makes no sense, Optimus Prime is a dick in this one and doesn't say anything cool. Just a waste of the voice actor.

Megatron comes back from the dead...well his soul comes back into a human created transformer. Yikes

I feel bad for Mark. This was awful. Stay far away

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

"Joe," with Nick Cage. Pretty damn good movie, really liked it. One of Cage's best movies I've ever seen. Give it an A.

A gripping mix of friendship, violence and redemption erupts in the contemporary South in this adaptation of Larry Brown's novel, celebrated at once for its grit and its deeply moving core. Directed by David Gordon Green, JOE film brings Academy Award ® winner Nicolas Cage back to his indie roots in the title role as the hard-living, hot-tempered, ex-con Joe Ransom, who is just trying to dodge his instincts for trouble - until he meets a hard-luck kid, (MUD's Tye Sheridan) who awakens in him a fierce and tender-hearted protector. © Roadside

Joe-2013-3-200x300.jpg

• Like 1

^^^Regarding the Indominus

I don't think anyone would have willingly mixed Raptor and T-Rex genes outside of Wu, who took his directive way too far, due to his arrogance. He should have learned when he found out the females were breeding after JP1 due to the tree frog DNA that was used. He should have foreseen that using DNA from reptiles that can camouflage and lower heat signatures, much less communicate with other deadly predators in the park could end up being adapted by the hybrid.

But I liked the way that all of those things about the Indominus were revealed. I agree I thought the pacing was great, seeing the full functioning park in the early stages then building up the tension until the outbreak and right into the finale.

But since we are nitpicking, let's looks at JP1.

1) Tim should have died after being electrocuted

2) Trex stomps out of paddock on level ground, 5 minutes later there is a 50ft dropoff on other side of fence

3) The Raptor tapping it's toe against the floor while it patiently mulls over where the kids are hiding.

4) A 13 year old computer hacker (only developed thru 1 throwaway line earlier) hacks into a complex and foreign computer system in 3 minutes and saves the day. I guess Hammond spared expense in his security and operating systems

5) Muldoon, Raptor expert, defeated by Raptor using same Raptor hunting strategy described earlier

6) Sam L Jackson's severed arm apparently just stuck behind a wall until Ellie leans against it

7) Unfinished sick Triceratops storyline

8) Shooot Herh!

9) unrealistic kids/ stereotypical scared girl and boy genius knows more about dinosaurs than dinosaur experts on island

10) why are kids being invited to island that hasn't even been approved

11) why did the entire staff leave on the weekend your grandkids are coming to visit

12) poorly designed park ie no chance for visitors to see dinosaurs

13) Ellie is annoying

14) Kids both outsmart and outrun raptors

15) TRex appears at the end out of nowhere to save day, apparently walking through the 10ft high front door unnoticed, though every other time in the movie, it's steps are felt from far away.

16) extremely convenient falling jeep and falling dinosaur bone survivals

17) dilophosaurus decides to somehow get in Jeep before Nedry and also wait patiently in the passenger seat to eat him until he can give Nedry the "surprise sucka" face

18) Hammond spares no expense as mentioned repeatedly except when it comes to paying the malcontent computer programmer that literally runs the entire park!

So anyway, that was actually of fun.

Lol...Still much better than JW.

Lol...Still much better than JW.

Well of course it is, it's an all time classic

"Joe," with Nick Cage. Pretty damn good movie, really liked it. One of Cage's best movies I've ever seen. Give it an A.

Loved it as well. Much better than I expected. Best Cage movie/performance in ages. I wish he would do more stuff like this and less "Cage-y" stuff lol

• Like 1