Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Just did the free weekend on HBO and Cinemax.  Saw:

Gone Girl- Good movie, weird ending

A Walk Amongst the Tombstones- Weak Liam Neeson movie, but OK

This is where I leave you- OK

Leap Year (I'll watch anything Amy Adams-Yum)

Let's be Cops- Turrible

Godzilla (Most recent)- Not too bad

King Kong (2006 remake- never saw it- Naomi Watts- Yum)

Superman Returns (Never saw it when it came out)

• Like 1

Definitely worth seeing in theater. A TV at home will not do it justice. It's intense

Yeah, the cinematography was vivid, and the action was fast, making up for the lack of dialog. Not that the dialog was bad, but it is a post-apocalyptic world...and fans of verbose scripts aren't the target audience.

While the movie stands alone, and really has no ties to the original (which I really liked), the second (which was pretty good), or the third (pandering to the franchise) I did appreciate some of the not so obvious nods to those movies. 

• Like 1

"Cake" with Jennifer Aniston.  I would've never watched this movie, but it was the wife's turn to pick :rolleyes: It was weird seeing Aniston in a drama.  I mean, this movie was dark.  This movie wanted to be like Leaving Las Vegas.  Without giving anything away, its about a woman who is months removed from a serious car accident that has left her entire body covered in scars, constant nerve pain., and vertigo  she's become addicted to pain pills and she's overall a pretty miserable, crabby person.  Co-starring Sam Worthington and Anna Kendrick.

Aniston tried her best, but I just wasn't sold on her performance.  I didn't believe her character.  Maybe its because I'm used to seeing her in mainly rom coms.  Even though this movie didn't get good reviews, I thought it was okay. I can appreciate Jennifer Aniston really giving it her all, though.   B-.

220px-Cake_poster.jpg

Get Hard - C+, silly Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart movie.  Wife and I got more good legit laughs than expected.  

The Campaign - B+  Zach Galifianakis/Will Ferrell; I'd seen it when it came to Redbox in 2013 and liked it.  Wife had never seen it.  I find Galifianakis hilarious and thought he was good in this one.  Tons of laughs. 

• Like 1

Jurassic World: B

Overall, it was solid. It was pretty cheesy and was really missing the dramatic moments and tension that made the first one so good. Obviously, it was never going to be as good as the original JP, but I think this was a worthwhile addition to the franchise. This was leagues better than the utter garbage that was JP3. The ending scene was badass, and BDH and Chris Pratt do a pretty good job with their roles.

Gone Girl: B-

It was a good movie, but I apparently didn't see in this film what a lot of reviewers saw. It was interesting, but I didn't feel there was any buildup to the plot, and thus the movie just felt like it plodded along, somewhat aimlessly. At least Rosamund Pike is a babe.

Taken 3: D+

Total crap, which I attribute directly to the director, Olivier Megaton. The guy's incredibly ADD style of jump cut, short take editing is infuriating. This is the same major gripe I had with Transporter 3. There's one scene in Taken 3, where Liam Neeson is running from the popo and jumps over a fence. I **** you not, the act of him jumping over the fence had at least 9 or 10 quick jump cuts, each less than half a second. This editing makes Michael Bay look patient. Take some dramamine if you decide to watch this movie. This dude did both Taken sequels, and ruined the franchise.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1

aye momma....for what its worth....taken 3 was better than taken 2, IMO.  As my boy Exodus touched on, Megaton brought in his vision for car chases and shootouts....made for some really neat moments.  Definitely worth watching, so long as you aren't paying for it.  check your PMs from a month or so ago, its in 1080p HD there, that's how I watched it.   B)

Imitation game was so good. Benedict needs to change his last name to CumberBEAST. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything he's done that I didn't like. Knightly was good too, but this film was all Benedict. **** Hitler. Strong A.

Imitation game was so good. Benedict needs to change his last name to CumberBEAST. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything he's done that I didn't like. Knightly was good too, but this film was all Benedict. **** Hitler. Strong A.

Man that's crazy, we just saw this too. Loved it. Thought it might be slow but it was very exciting and engaging throughout.

Great performances and a terrific stroy even if I suspect they took some liberties with it. It was kind of topical with the SC ruling and some of the events in the movie too. It's just crazy to see how people used to think and respond over the way a person feels, even in the face of such brilliant accomplishments

• Like 2

Inside Out - B.  I liked it. I was shocked it did so well though because this was a cartoon that really was for older kids or even adults.  I'm not sure younger kids or little ones would even understand the different emotions.

Really? I had the opposite reaction. I thought this one had the least adult elements of any Pixar and that it was almost entirely a kiddie movie. Very, very cutsie.

Great performances and a terrific stroy even if I suspect they took some liberties with it. It was kind of topical with the SC ruling and some of the events in the movie too. It's just crazy to see how people used to think and respond over the way a person feels, even in the face of such brilliant accomplishments

definitely agree with you there. 

This dude was a ****ing war hero, saved millions of lives....and yet he killed himself because he couldn't be himself. just awful :(

• Like 1

John Wick..

Do not piss that dude off.

C+

Wow, I would give John Wick an A+. Best action movie I have seen all year. Pacing was perfect and a lot of the scenes were pretty awesome. I don't think I took a breath the whole movie.

Also, they are making a John Wick 2. Focused on the assassin hotel idea.