Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

San Andreas.  I thought this movie was pretty cool.  People often say a movie was "predictable," but man oh man...this was one of the most predictable movies I've ever seen.  Every one-liner had a purpose later on, and you could see it coming.  But then again, it's June, and I'm at an earthquake movie starring The Rock, nestled in between J.Park and Mad Max, so who gives a **** about the little things?

That said, San Andreas was pretty damn awesome.  Nobody told me that Paul Giamatti, one of my faves, had a pretty good part in this film.  CGI was off the hook in this one (duh), and California wasn't destroyed in this movie, IT WAS OBLITERATED.  and I friggin' loved most of it.  This movie was a lot better than I expected, though still wasn't that good lol.  B.

Spy.  Currently getting a 95%/86% on Rotten.  Wow!  That's righton the heels of Mad Max, if you want to compare things.  I love Melissa McCarthy, she's a funny gal.  This was classic McCarthy.  Physical, goofy comedy, and one-liners.  That's what she does.  IMO, I don't see how it's been rated so high.  It was a decent movie, and I did laugh quite a bit, but it wasn't 95% on Rotten funny.  Jason Statham was funnier than he's ever been, probably my favorite part of the movie.  McCarthy did what she could with what I felt was a kind of weak story, but she did make me laugh.  Give it a B-.

Yeah the RT ratings can be misleading. If 95% of critics rated Spy a 6 out of 10 it's showing 95% positive on there.

Doesn't mean it's great or an all timer of a movie, just that it was good or had some form of positive review.

But hey Jurrassic World tonight, even going to pop for the 3D. I'll let you guys know once I get back.

• Like 1

But hey Jurrassic World tonight, even going to pop for the 3D. I'll let you guys know once I get back.

My man

Good look on the RT info, news to me.  I was like "most critics rated this joint a 98%?!  wtf?"

Just came from seeing Jurassic World.  It gets an A.

I loved the Rex vs Rex battle at the end and how Good Rex even got some hellp.

This is a true sequel to the original movie and there are

some nods to the original movie.

.  This is what the other sequels should've been.  Definitely an entertaining movie.

• Like 2

Jurassic World - Awesome! Easily the 2nd best in the series, Destroys TLW and especially JP3

The setup is great. It's a thrill to see a fully realized Jurassic Park as Hammond always envisioned. The first 40 minutes or so are just bouncing around the park, we are taking in the attractions as well while getting acquainted with all the characters and happenings. Loved this feeling, it was fun, while setting up the inevitable.

The new dinosaur is..awesome. Puts that JP3 spino to shame. Kind of ends up where a lot of us expected it to as far as what it is and what it's about but getting there wasa fun ride. The way the new Dino is introduced and teased early is cool too. You can't wait for the impending doom.

This is a movie that knows what it's about and what it's fans want. It respects the original and pays some nice homages to it. A couple of parts got me really excited. You'll know them when you see them.

There is some definite fan service thrown in to, but again, they know what we want and gave it to us. Some nice musical cues and nods to the original as well .

The final 20-30 minutes were really well done. I had given up hope of a certain thing happening and then it does and few minutes later it gets even better.

That last scene too...thanks Speilberg, I know that was you and it was glorious.

Obviously, some cheesy lines thrown for fun and a couple quick moments were eh but nothing completely ridiculous happens like the last 2. Nothing cringeworthy for me anyway and I was waiting for it. Everything happens pretty organically and makes sense which is big for me. I was concerned the tamed Raptors would suck but they were actually pretty cool how they were incorporated. JP3 kinda ruined them for me and made them a joke but this one gets them some respect back even if they are trained. I liked watching it unfold.

Not nearly as cinematic and magical as JP obviously but that's In a class by itself so it's fine if it doesn't reach those lofty heights. It has some thought provoking themes too regarding animal life so if you want something a little deeper, it's there though not fully fleshed out.

Bottom line, This is a great movie for the JP fans.

Go see it and enjoy it!

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

Been thinking about it all morning. It definitely has some cheese to it and some dialogue mistakes but you know it's going to. Even the original does. Its a summer popcorn blockbuster after all. I just think they did a great job making a movie in this world, that fits the world, respects the original and gives fans what they want. 

I know I got everything I wanted out of it and then some. Can't wait to see it again.  

Jurassic World. B... we didn't plan to watch it until Tuesday but our kids best friends and our family friends were going... ended up in the front rows at the end.

It is amusing for me that our 6 year old girls have very little interest in one of the summer blockbusters (one hour is all they can handle) and then they proceed to giggle during the most inappropriate time because they are whispering/talking to each other.

I missed a good 7 minutes near the end... part of it was me outpacing my bladder.

One part was hilarious for us because of our frequent trips to Universal Studios... who knew Chris Pratt was destined to achieve movie stardom...

synecdoche-ny-poster-big.jpg

Watched Synecdoche, New York last night. Absolute head wrecker of a film. Not one to watch tired or without full concentration. Incredible film though. So powerful in its message and Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing in it. 

Best film I've seen in a long time. 

9 popcorn bags out of 10  ;)

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 3

Jurassic World was amazing!

Finally, a proper sequel to one of my favorite movies of all time.  I felt it had just the right amount of fan service without being overdone and thought it was good they realized they could never match the magic created by the first movie so they never attempted to.  The end result was the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time.

Only complaint I have is I could have done without one particular subplot, and the way the subplot wrapped up does have me worried about the direction they'll take with the inevitable sequel (I think I read JW is already past $200 million worldwide).

Edited by Heisenberg

Jurrasic World. A good, fun summer movie. The action keeps going with a proper amount of character development. Add in a little humor and this is a perfect summer blockbuster, although typical.

The original absolutely did more with less and was absolutely a better movie. It's hard to beat the original in most cases though. This one was leaps and bounds better than JP2 and JP3. Even the unbelievable stuff, such as training raptors, seems to make sense. That's pretty good for a fourth installment film.

Two final thoughts. One, I'm sure there will be a fifth because this movie will be a box office boon and Hollywood hardly ever has an original idea. Two, as I was walking out of the theater, I over heard a teenage guy say, "Do you think this is how people felt when they saw the original?", his friend replied, "Yeah, probably." NO ****ING WAY. The original blew your mind, this just simply does an excellent job of entertaining it.

Mad Max (the only other movie I've seen in theaters this year) was undoubtedly better.

• Like 2

Jurassic World was a good entertaining movie worth watching considering that's the 4th one. Omar Sy's acting was poor, he better stick to comedy. I liked how they used the dinos, the shooting, the fights, I give it a B+ here, but a final B- considering the below average overall acting. Jeff Goldblum is clearly missing here.

Edited by FrFan

Jurassic World.  EhhhhhhhI was pretty underwhelmed.  I'm old enough to have seen the orignal JP in theaters, and there are very few movies that can duplicate the feeling I had walking out of the theater after seeing that T-rex.  Jurassic World was no exception.  It was a solid, fun popcorn popper, and plenty of good action.  But i dunno, it felt so dead to me, it was weird.  As a huge fan of the series, I wanted to fall in love with this film SO BADLY.  I kept waiting for a moment in the movie to give me goosebumps, but they never came. 

They showed a lot of respect for the original JP, and even had a few one-liners and scenes that paid homage to the OG movie.  But Jurassic World felt kind empty to me, and never once did I get caught up in a scene and have an "oh my god!" moment.  The last five minutes of the movie was pretty darn close, but still no goosebumps.  I've seen the orignal JP probably 25 times, and the t-rex roar after pushing the SUVs over the cliff still makes me bump up.  Guys....this movie was ehhh.  I feel bad, because it was an above average summer blockbuster, but it doesn't even come close to the original.  Pratt was pretty good.  I went in hoping for an A, but I give JW a B+.    Worth seeing for sure.  But I was just so pumped for this, I felt pretty let down.  There were a good 7-8 "magic moments" in the original JP, and JW gave me maybe 2.  :(

Get Hard.  Nothing special here.  Most everybody lieks Will Ferrell, and this was just another movie pumped out by him and his team.  He and Hart were funny together, and I laughed out loud several times.  Funnier than I expected, but glad I didn't pay money to see it in theaters.  C+

I heard a funny noise during one of the rare quiet moments during Mad Max and look over to my wifey and she's snoring like a buzzsaw. I have no idea how she fell asleep during that mayhem. She has action movie narcolepsy or something. Fell asleep in Saving Private Ryan and Return of the King too. However, if you turn on a Lifetime movie with Valerie Bertinelli, she's totally fixated and enthralled. Kind of funny.

All in all, I thought Mad Max was good. I was just slightly disappointed because of everybody raving about how great it was. It was better than good, but not quite as great as I was expecting it to be after seeing everyone's else reactions to it. I thought the guitar guy was goofy. Still, definitely worth going to see.

I heard a funny noise during one of the rare quiet moments during Mad Max and look over to my wifey and she's snoring like a buzzsaw. I have no idea how she fell asleep during that mayhem. She has action movie narcolepsy or something. Fell asleep in Saving Private Ryan and Return of the King too.

That is unacceptable

That is unacceptable

I tend to agree. I gave her another shot, and she let me down. On the other hand, it allowed me to enjoy the movie without any hand holding nonsense, or numerous questions about what you just saw on that big ass screen in front of you. We might have to try seeing different movies when we go to the theater together, or I'll just go solo to the guns-a-blazing flicks in the future.

I'm surprised that so many are giving JW a B or higher. I thought it was OK, but predictable with no intrigue with a bad story.

I kept waiting for a moment like this, but never got it.  Pretty disappoint in JW.