Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Fury - I give it an A - PJ is spot on with the ending, didn't expect that to happen.  Good throughout the entire movie, never did I drift off.  Norman.....man they made you feel sorry for the guy and angry as hell at him too.  Definite recommendation to watch this.

Minions - just got home from watching this.  I give it a B- overall.  As mentioned in here previously, some funny parts, end was really good imo.  There were some parts that drug out and I found myself browsing the forum boards on my phone.  

My daughter (7yo) loved it and asked if I would buy it for her when it came out as we were walking out of the theater.  I'd probably give it a C if I didn't watch it with Tazette and at a different theater than I watched it in.  Her laughing and being so focused on it made the experience better.  And the theater we went to has recliner seats, so you can basically lay down and watch the movie which gave it the "home feeling".

I'd recommend waiting for it to hit PPV, RedBox, etc. to watch it if you don't have kids.  If you have younger kids, and can take them, go for it, they will love it.

• Like 2

Trainwreck. Sooooo funny! Amy Schumer keeps on making movies like this, she's going to be relevant for a while. I love her style of comedy. Lebron was really funny as well. This one is definitely worth seeing. A.

• Like 1

For an amazing video game movie, watch Wreck-It Ralph.

Instant Classic status for me.

It's in the Tazette Hall of Fame.  Frozen aside, me and the wifey are blessed that our lil gal loves good movies (e.g. Monsters Inc., Wreck it Ralph, Despicable Me, Brave, etc.) that she spams.

Her first movie love was Monsters Inc.  I've seen it at least 200+ times.  Sully and Mike might as well be blood kin.  We watched that movie at least 5 times a day when she was 2-3 yo.  

• Like 1

ok.. i have a dilemma   

i was talking about Rockford Files at teh water cooler the other day, and the woman in the office across the hall from me metioned that Gardner was in the Notebook, and then yesterday she stopped by my office and lent me a copy of it.

1) Is the Notebook any good?  

if no, then:: 

2)  my wife is no fan of movies like this, so i will actually have to use one of MY movie chits for us to watch it

3) can i not watch a movie that someone lent me without being a tool?

Watched a bunch of movies the last few days since I have the free channels for a few months.

Valhalla Rising- Dark, Weird and the most confusing movie I have ever seen.  Loved the scenery, didn't understand the movie.  Not good.

Walk of Shame- OK. Couple of funny parts. Thought the "Pookie" character was the best.

Welcome to Mooseport- Old movie I never saw.  Ok, cute family movie.  Not bad.

Grand Budapest Hotel- Usually I love these quirky movies, but I thought this movie was a little boring.  Meh.

HER- Weird, too long and a little boring.  Hate to say that about a movie with Amy Adams, ScarJo and Olivia Wilde.

Two Night Stand- OK.  Typical chick flick.  MIles Teller seems to be in all of these boy meets girl flicks.

Transcendence- Slow at first, but picked up steam.  Not too bad.  Anyone besides me think that since Johnny Depp did the "Pirates" movie series that he thinks he's British?  He always sounds like he's speaking with a British accent.  He was born in Kentucky.

I have more, but I'll have to report back in after I watch them.

• Like 1

ok.. i have a dilemma

i was talking about Rockford Files at teh water cooler the other day, and the woman in the office across the hall from me metioned that Gardner was in the Notebook, and then yesterday she stopped by my office and lent me a copy of it.

1) Is the Notebook any good?

if no, then::

2) my wife is no fan of movies like this, so i will actually have to use one of MY movie chits for us to watch it

3) can i not watch a movie that someone lent me without being a tool?

Just watch it, especially since someone let you borrow it. It's moderately enjoyable for a cheesy, cliche and predictable chick flick. Gosling is pretty good in it plus there are several pop culture references that come from the movie so at least you might get in on a few jokes

• Like 1

MV5BMjA3MjYyNTk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc1

So I finally saw Dope last night. It was good. One of those "hood movies" that younger people nowadays will look back on and love like how we do Boys in the Hood, Friday, etc. I wouldn't call it a classic like those other movies, but it was very good nonetheless. Plot was decent, music was nice, and I laughed at some parts of it. Give it an A-

Edited by MLSKINS

So I finally saw this last night. It was good. One of those "hood movies" that younger people nowadays will look back on and love like how we do Boys in the Hood, Friday, etc. I wouldn't call it a classic like those other movies, but it was very good nonetheless. Plot was decent, music was nice, and I laughed at some parts of it. Give it an A-

What movie?  Picture wasn't loading.

My next cluster of movies watched:

Heaven is for Real- Ok. I'm not a religious person. Thought they would have the kid tell more, but it wasn't much

In the Blood- Gina Carano did a pretty good job. Good action. A little better than I thought.

Conan the Barbarian- New version. Meh. Didn't care for the story line too much.

Death Squad- Cheesy B- movie. Meh.

300: Rise of an Empire- WAY TOO MUCH Blood. Felt like I was watching a Robert Rodriguez movie. OK movie.

Lucy- Weird, but I liked it. Of course ScarJo is always looking hot. I didn't care for the ending though.

Torque- Movie from 2004. VERY Cheesy. F & F on motorcycles. Too over the top with the action and scenes.

My next review will be:

Enough Said

Birdman

The Drop

Maleficient

The Hobbit- 5 Armies

Hansel & Gretel

The Maze Runner.

Edited by pjfootballer

Just got back from Mission Impossible at our brand-spankin' new theatre down here at Pax River. The theatre is literally right across the street from my condo, woo-hoo!

MI:RN has some real good action, great stunts, and great vehicle chases. In a way, it is what Furious 7 wanted to be. Definitely entertaining. And Tom still has it. 8/10.

As I walked into Pixels, I was wondering why my son and I just didn't skip it and go watch Mission: Impossible... maybe in a couple years.

I give Pixels a "B". Better than Minions, not as bad as expected. I am not concerned with reality suspension... its a kids movie. Many of the jokes worked on me and I laughed a lot. Never saw Wreck-it-Ralph... but I would love that.

As I walked into Pixels, I was wondering why my son and I just didn't skip it and go watch Mission: Impossible... maybe in a couple years.

I give Pixels a "B". Better than Minions, not as bad as expected. I am not concerned with reality suspension... its a kids movie. Many of the jokes worked on me and I laughed a lot. Never saw Wreck-it-Ralph... but I would love that.

Wreck it Ralph was tha bomb bizzle, I give it an A-.  Great movie, very funny.

• Like 1

Hope nobody here goes to see Fantastic 4.  My god, it's getting destroyed.  9% on Rotten.

"Fantastic Four is Catwoman-level awful"

"I wonder if it escaped from the 20th Century Fox lot as a tax write-off."

"Creatively bankrupt from its underdeveloped characters to its humorless dialogue to its uninspired design."

"The special effects are cheesy, the acting perfunctory, the plotting pallid."

Goodness!   :o 

• Like 1

Rogue Nation. Probably the second best action movie this year after Mad Max. Much like Max, MI5 starts kicking ass within the first few minutes and only slows down a few times for plot development. He's a bad mother--shut your mouth. I'm only talkin' bout Tom.

Rebecca Ferguson has got an arse on her. Good lawd. Loved Simon Pegg. Strong A.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Just got done seeing Shaun The Sheep. A clever little movie with some good visual puns, and a couple great ones for the adults. It's the same "clay" animation studio that created Wallace & Grommit, so I knew the movie was legit before I saw it. Another solid 8/10.

• Like 1