Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

The Avengers.  Blah.  

I felt like I'd watched the first one all over again.  It was so formulaic.  Starting off with happy times, a big bad enemy comes along and there's some strife, they fight amongst themselves and then band together to beat him in the end.  I'll be surprised if the third one (assuming they're making a third) veers from that path.  

Watched Nightcrawler. Man, Gyllenhaal's character neded a severe beatdown. Severe. I wanted to enjoy that movie so much. Seemed like a really good one. Unfortunately I spent all of it hoping that someone would bash his head in with a blunt instrument

I think his character would be perfect for the character in Gone Girl. The two seem made for each other.

Inside Out

(Disclaimer, I am a big kid at heart. I like interacting with children, playing with them, and teaching them so... yeah. :D)

Please here me when I say this... If you weren't thinking about seeing Inside Out, you should punch yourself in the face. This movie had one of the most creative plots I've EVER seen. When I saw the previews, I knew I wanted to see it. Last night, it exceeded my expectations man.

I agree with Burgold and Rdskns2000. I think the movie was very kiddie, and cute, but at the same time, the plot was something that could easily capture older kids and adults.

I tend to grade family type movies more harsher than other movies because I think it should be movies that can entertain everybody one way or another. So I give Inside Out a solid A man. A very solid A. 

• Like 3

The Woman in Gold. I liked this one. I remember Altmann's restitution case against Austria but it was neat seeing the entire process play out. Now obviously they added a lot of drama that wasn't really necessary, and using the flashbacks made sense to explains things but broke up the flow of the present day story. But I had a good time watching this movie. Helen Mirren is one of my faves and she and Ryan Reynolds worked well together on screen. Give it a B.

MV5BMTExMTUxNDQ5MjdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDk4

Edited by Chew

Watched Noah on Netflix. I wasn't expecting a bad fantasy movie complete with swords and rock monsters. Almost unbelievably bad. So bad it's funny, but not the good kind of funny, the "someone really funded this ****" kind of laughter.

Predestination. Holy **** that was a total mind****. I heard this was a trippy movie, so I lit a doobie beforehand so I could totally zone out. If this movie wasn't so all over the place (even though things did come together), I'd give it an A. But ill go with a B+. Ethan was damn good and the story had me on edge the entire time. I was tripping BALLS off plot twists. Very fun movie to watch.

Ethan is a time traveling badass.

Predestination-Poster.jpg

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Iron sky.. lol 6/10

How can NAZIs from space not immediately put it at 7.5/10 at a minimum?

Imitation game was so good. Benedict needs to change his last name to CumberBEAST. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything he's done that I didn't like. Knightly was good too, but this film was all Benedict. **** Hitler. Strong A.

Haven't seen it yet, but just picked it up yesterday. Related note, a few months ago, I had an interesting conversation with a professor who had worked with Alan Turing back in the day. He confirmed that Turing was, indeed, a genius.

How can NAZIs from space not immediately put it at 7.5/10 at a minimum?.

I wanted to give it a higher rating but my inner film snob disagreed. Just not comparable to polished films. It's uniqueness really gave it some leeway though. The Downfall parody inmovie was pretty good to see.

Also, the imitation game was a really good film.

Domestic Disturbance - 2001 - Vince Vaughn, John Travolta, Teri Polo.  I give it a C+/B-.  

About a man who is divorced with a teenage son (Travolta) and his ex-wife (Polo) starts dating some guy everyone loves (Vaughn).  He starts getting concerned about the new boyfriend who is not what he appears to be.  It's one of a dark, sinister side for Vince's roll and I thought he pulled it off very well in this movie.  

I am between ratings, cause I think its better than average on some aspects, then right at average on others.  Once you get started, you pretty much know what to expect.  It's currently streaming on Netflix, not a recommendation, but I wouldn't call it a bad watch on a weekend morning/afternoon if you don't have anything better to watch.  

• Like 1

Jaws was on AMC last night.

It's just too good, even to this day. I can't imagine what it would have been like to see it in theaters during release.

Actually I can, probably the same as I felt seeing Jurassic Park. Still Jaws is an amazing film.

Jaws was way better in it's day.  When you leave Jurassic Park, you will never in your life fear being killed by a dinosaur.  When you left Jaws, you were scared ****less for the rest of your life.  :)

No comparison.

Jaws was way better in it's day. When you leave Jurassic Park, you will never in your life fear being killed by a dinosaur. When you left Jaws, you were scared ****less for the rest of your life. :)

No comparison.

Evidently, the first time my parents saw this, they were on vacation at Va Beach, well before I was born.

I never once saw my mom get into the ocean and she always swore that movie was why.

If I stay.  Ugh, another teenie bop romance story that's been done 1,000 times.  Girl meets boy, girl kisses boy.  girl loves boy.  girl argues and breaks up with boy.  Tragedy strikes.  boy comes to the rescue.  gtfohwtbs. 

Honestly though, I love Chloë Grace Moretz, she's my favorite actor or actress under 21.  But even a pretty decent performance by her couldn't save this one.  C-, and without Chloe, its a D.  Stupid wife, this was her pic.  That was two hours she could've been cleaning or making sandwiches.

2014-08-28-newifistaymovieposter.jpg

• Like 1

Just go watch Let Me In again for a real love story with Chloe Grace Moretz.

She could never do anything else and I'll always love her for that.

My man.  Great flick, the Sweedish original "Let the Right One In" was even better (no snob). 

Chloe is a great young actress, better than Abigal Breslin, though I like her too.

I saw the Minions, twice this weekend.  I'll give the movie a B+.   If you love the Minions, you will like the origin story of those yellow little minions.  If you are there just to take a kid, you will make it through,  Kids should love this movie.  There's something missing without Gru being the focus of the movie but the Minions definitely hold their own.

The star of this movie is Minion Bob.

Minions-Movie-Action-Figure----pTRU1-192

Speaking of Mr. Despicable 

Gru, or Gru when he was a little kid; does make an appearance at the end of the movie. So, we see how the minions ended up with Gru.

Despicable Me 3, due in 2017; can go in 2 directions now. Either, it will be a sequel to #2; probably seeing a little Gru or we can see how youn Gru grows up and becomes the Gru we know.

Oh,  there's a bonus scene after all the credits are done.  I missed it the first time but when I saw it the second time, I stayed. Hardly, anyone left in the theater by then. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

Jaws was way better in it's day. When you leave Jurassic Park, you will never in your life fear being killed by a dinosaur. When you left Jaws, you were scared ****less for the rest of your life. :)

No comparison.

Thats because no one has to go out Into the wild and worry about getting chomped by a velociraptor, chip :).

It's the assured reality of possibly coming face to face with a shark, in the wide open ocean that amplifies the fear effect of Jaws

• Like 1

I went to see Jurassic World-3D this weekend... kinda.

I brought my daughters   (13, 12 and 10)

my 10 year old was SOOOOOOO psyched about going.  loves dinosaurs.... and would have none of that crap once it started.  once the action started we had to move to a seat by the door, because she kept on leaping up and SPRINTING down the entrance hallway and out to the light.  I thought it was ll part of the fun for her, and that she was scared, but happy scared.  

but no, she was scared.

eventually...  when she was crying... i took her and snuck into the last 1/3 or 1/4 of Minions 3D (and left my other 2 daughters alone to keep the dinosaurs occupied).

we came back in time to see the bad guy get munched ...  and the bad dino get munched ...

• Like 1