Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Oppenheimer gets a solid B. Cillian was great. Should get an Oscar nod. Same for Robert Downey Jr.  I didn’t like the way they told the story, thru flashbacks and jumping back and forth at points in time. Also, it felt it wasn’t just about Oppenheimer but Lewis Strauss. So, that’s why it didn’t earn an A.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:38 PM, Chew said:

Oppie was amazing, one of the best movies I've seen in a while.  Not at all what I was expecting.  Somebody crown King Cillian, he was really good.  

Cillian was good, for sure but Robert Downey Jr was better. Emily Blunt was fantastic too. Movie felt long but definitely didn’t drag. Great movie all around 

• Like 1

Mission Impossible.

3 hours long but it didn’t feel like it.

Typical MI flick. It was fun.  Female lead was nice to look at. Some twists.

A couple of over-the-top things… but I’m okay with suspending reality. But it takes it down a peg. 

7 or 8 outta 10.

But someone needs to explain to me what happened in the opening submarine scene. After walking out of the theatre, I realized what I thought happened couldn’t have happened. 

Spoiler

How was that sub at the bottom of the sea fully intact….. but we saw all the dead bodies of the crew floating in the water?

Edited by Die Hard

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mission Impossible: 7/10. Solid fun action movie and Tom Cruise is awesome as usual but the plot is kinda...out there even for an MI film.

Saw it last night, yeah the story was pretty wild LOL.  Dead Reckoning wasn't quite as good as Fallout but I was still thoroughly entertained.  

Spoiler

Thank God Ethan got the key at the end.  Gabriel was so annoying throughout and I just knew his bum ass was going to get the key and we'd be left hanging until next summer.  Tip of the cap to Tom and his writers for giving us that win and allowing us leave the theater satisfied.

Does Tom Cruise have one of the deepest catalogues in Hollywood at this point?  I scrolled his IMDB last night and it's ****ing ridiculous.  Action, sci-fi, dramas, thrillers, biopics, he's done it all.  The man is a legend. 

• Like 1

"Love Again". Good movie! Priyanka is nice to look at and I like Jamie from Outlander. Celine looks good for her age too. Sounds like her pipes are still on point as well! Good story. 105 minutes. Nothing to complain about really. Solid B from me. 

Edited by GoDeep81

@Die Hard

Mission Impossible Spoilers / Discussion

Spoiler

You are gonna make me pay attention to the ending, but I don't think the sub is fully intact and they probably are showing it on the bottom at an angle.  I mean obviously it got hit by a torpedo.   My question/plot hole is... wouldn't whoever have recovered the bodies recovered the two keys?  They just magically were sold on the black market?

• Thanks 1

Transformers was pretty good, nothing will top the first one though. Kinda corny at times but the coke and popcorn was good. 6.7/10 

Spoiler

What’s up with the GI Joe reference at the end? I also wish these movies had a bit more human aspect to them like we saw in the first movie. Not giant planets eating other planets but what do I know. 

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

@max21

Hasbro wants to start up their own cinematic universe... so there is a GI Joe into Transformers crossover planned... 

yeah I get that but we’re they at all intertwined in the cartoons or anything? 

Does making a historical movie set in the 1940s with 50 star American flags in it warrant one? 😁

Spoiler

As an aside, having not seen it yet, did the movie talk about how Oppenheimer and the US government forced Hispanic and Native people out of their houses in New Mexico and/or irradiated them with testing near their towns? 

I'm assuming that didn't make the 3 hr cut. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

@The Evil Genius

Spoiler

I wouldn't expect this movie to touch on everything that made the Manhattan Project controversial in the name of "freedom", but it does go hard into Oppie's belief we didn't need to drop the bomb on Japan when we did, there's a scene with him and Truman arguing about it apparently, which really is the core of this story and what it's done to human history, so glad they at least went after that

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps breaking the thread rules but here is a review of "Barbie" from a 16 and 17 year old male ("son of Fergasun" and his friend) who just finished watching it. 

"Better than Indy... 9/10"

"It's a good movie, the people complaining about wokeness are missing the point.  Indy is more my cup of tea, but it was not bad."

Meanwhile ..  his friends 14 year old sister..  "Barbie was meh..."

• Thumb up 1