Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How the Washington Redskins could luck into Peyton Manning

Lavarleap56

You bring in Peyton Manning as a Free Agent and draft a QB the team likes but needs time to develop in Ryan Tannehill. Peyton is perceived to have a good 2-3 years left in him if he is healthy from his neck injury and while its a gamble its a wise one if you draft a young QB to groom that can be had by trading back a bit in the draft.

You know, this is the scenario I've been harping about that would make the most sense for the Colts. Get a king's ransom of picks for #1 overall, draft Tannehill, and reload the team while you roll with Peyton for another 2-3 years.

Although after the Donovan McNabb debacle, I don't know if Kyle or Mike would be comfortable with bringing in another established vet (although Peyton is in a completely different league). I'm not surprised at the phrase of "we would be players" which could mean we'd be interested and looking, but I can't see us bringing in a 35 year old QB with the youth movement we have going on.

you are crazy

so ive been told....eh i just saw a post from you the other day that made me think and now you say you "know" someone in the organization so well im sure you could understand my confusion.

if i may ask.... then how are you affiliated with your sources?

Not sure if anyone posted this, but in watching the post game Total Access on NFLN...they asked whod be the best fit outside Indianapolis. Darren Sharper said, "The Washington Redskins". Jamie fatass Dukes then said,"Im sure theyd screw that up too, so Im gonna say the Miami Dolphins".

I don't understand why people are bashing signing Peyton IF we still draft Tannehill. IF it's because you think Tannehill sucks, then I can better understand your agrument. If it's because you're tired of us getting old players, then your argument is significantly weakened.

In LL's scenario, we don't give up picks, we draft a QB that Shanny likes, and we sign Peyton as a FA. The only thing we lose is money if Peyton sucks. If he does or gets hurt, we cut him at the end of the year, have Tannehill step in, and Rex is still on our squad. And what if Peyton plays great? Awesome...and we keep him for a couple of years, and let him mentor Tannehill.

IF you don't have a problem with us taking Tannehill...how can the above scenario be a bad thing?

I don't understand why people are bashing signing Peyton IF we still draft Tannehill. IF it's because you think Tannehill sucks, then I can better understand your agrument. If it's because you're tired of us getting old players, then your argument is significantly weakened.

In LL's scenario, we don't give up picks, we draft a QB that Shanny likes, and we sign Peyton as a FA. The only thing we lose is money if Peyton sucks. If he does or gets hurt, we cut him at the end of the year, have Tannehill step in, and Rex is still on our squad. And what if Peyton plays great? Awesome...and we keep him for a couple of years, and let him mentor Tannehill.

IF you don't have a problem with us taking Tannehill...how can the above scenario be a bad thing?

Rex is actually a Free Agent after this year and wants some more dough this time around..

I don't understand why people are bashing signing Peyton IF we still draft Tannehill.

If we draft a future QB and have Manning in a Redskin uniform it would be a win win situation. I just don't want to trade for Manning without a rookie QB on the roster. After seeing Barkley heading back to school I think Tannehill is our guy now.

I love Tannhill's quick release, movement in the pocket, and he has field general written all over him from what I've seen.

848667-ryan-tannehill-why-the-texas-am-quarterback-is-in-a-class-of-his-own

so ive been told....eh i just saw a post from you the other day that made me think and now you say you "know" someone in the organization so well im sure you could understand my confusion.

if i may ask.... then how are you affiliated with your sources?

His information is very reliable. He has come out with a lot of things before they were made public. I have my own thoughts on how he is affiliated, but that is just speculation. When he does come out with something, I am confident that it is something the Skins are tossing around internally.

Rex is actually a Free Agent after this year and wants some more dough this time around..

This is my question though... is the FO willing to cough it up for someone who already knows the system rather than on someone who doesn't and would likely cost you what the Colts may/ or may not be willing to pay him.

Let's be logical here... this is a great debate BTW.

I was 100% against this a few weeks ago. But if RGIII does go back, getting Peyton is out best option. I cant go through another year or Rex. And its not like we have a young guy waiting to step in and play right now. Bring in Peyton if he's healthy of course. If there is someone Mike likes in the 2nd then draft him and let him watch and learn for 2 years. There is no one else like LL said that is going to be ready to play THIS season. They way i see it. We have a choice of Peyton, Rex or trying to see if a 2nd round talent can step in and play (thats assuming RGIII goes back).

I guess the best scenario for us is if somehow the Rams get the 1st pick and they fire Spags. If the new coach wants to start with a new QB in Luck we might be able to get Bradford on the cheap.

I think a lot of people are against this idea b/c of what happened with McNabb. Which trust me i am too. But if Peyton is healthy we are talking about bringing one of if not the best QB to ever play the game. What do we know about Peyton? Well he can put a team on his shoulders full of average talent (which we have) and put them in the right place to win games even a superbowl. He's going to make the right decisions, hes not going to make the mistakes that always seem to kill us. Hes going to have a legit D to rely on. If we do get him we could use our 1st round pick on OL or WR and get him a big target. Maybe we trade back and get a guy like Floyd in the mid 1st and then add some OL help at the end of the 1st or with one of our 2nd's we would get from trading back. Add manning (healthy) to Helu, better OL, Hankerson, Floyd, Gaff and Moss thats a legit NFL O right there. Something we haven't had in a long time.

Do i want the Redskins to finally bring up our own QB? Of course i do. But we cant do it if there isn't a guy there worth bringing up. Just like last year we needed a QB just as bad. We passed on Gabbert (thank god) and took care of other positions of need. If we are sitting at 10 and RGIII goes back unless we are willing to trade the farm for someone there is no QB worth taking @ 10. So i say bring on Peyton if he's healthy. We will be getting one of the smartest and hardest working QB's to ever play. Who will have something to prove. We wont have to worry about him coming in to camp over weight (rex) or not being able to pick up the 2 min drill (McNabb).

The big problem with Manning is his health...it cant be guaranteed and we dont want another gotta geta good pay day before its all over so NO NO NO

Peyton is already payed. + if you haven't been able to tell he's not that kind of player. If he was he would have left Indy a long time ago b/c he could have gotten a lot more money somewhere else.

Manning at age 35 running his hurry up offense here and teaching shanny jr how to balance the run with the pass is going to be great, while still earning a top 3 QB annual salary. :rolleyes:

psst I'm being sarcastic at the Maddenites who actually believe he would put up Colts like stats on this team with this system.

The colts are not going to trade Manning. End of story.

*eta

And they're sure as hell not gonna release him either :)

I tend to agree with you, but, if Manning thinks the Colts have no shot at a championship in the years he's got left, he may have enough clout to persuade the Colts to move or release him. And, if they have Luck, moving Manning would make a lot of sense for the organization. That being said, I don't know if I'd want Manning with the injury cloud looming over his head. Just think how devastating it would be if we sent a couple first round picks for Manning and he only lasted a month after re-injuring his neck? I just think it would be more exciting to groom our own QB thru the draft.

I think people need to realize Im talking about what i heard and then trying to put together how it could happen. I am not saying it is going to happen.

Looking like a possibility that the Rams get the #1 pick if so do you know if there is any validity to Schefter's other statement that the Skins trade up to get Luck?

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 08:08 AM ----------

Wonder who will give it to him. He's played better of late. Still the dude is past 30. He has 13 TDs, 18 Ints. The 29th ranked QB in the NFL.

Peyton Manning AND drafting a young QB like Kellen Moore that Shanny really likes (not taking a flier on a guy to see if he pans out) is fine. Manning alone I don't like at all. I want a real franchise QB under the age of 25!! A guy who will run this offense for a decade. Manning or no manning, I want that guy. and Manning's health is a serious serious issue. The offense here is very different too isn't it? He is going to get hit here. We don't have one player as good as jeff saturday on this offense.

If you heard what Irsay told the Nationwide audience is that they are not going to trade a healthy Peyton Manning and if they drafted Luck then they would keep both. Unless the OP has some inside information coming from Peyton, Archie, Eli, or their mother then Manning will be either a Colt or retired.

If you heard what Irsay told the Nationwide audience is that they are not going to trade a healthy Peyton Manning and if they drafted Luck then they would keep both. Unless the OP has some inside information coming from Peyton, Archie, Eli, or their mother then Manning will be either a Colt or retired.

That is a huge IF. The Colts can spin getting rid of Manning on his health...IMO the Colts have an easy out from the Irsay comment.

I think people need to realize Im talking about what i heard and then trying to put together how it could happen. I am not saying it is going to happen.

Lavar, thank you very much for posting this thread, I enjoyed reading it and it is certainly plausible. Don't give people who show up just to poo-poo your work the time of day. They eventually get bored and wonder off.

Archived