Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How the Washington Redskins could luck into Peyton Manning

Lavarleap56

look im just passing it along for discussion bro.. i said people were going to blow up.

Given what you seem to be talking about, Manning would be a street FA or a trade at a discount. As a street FA, definitely no one should have issue with this as a backup plan. As a trade, depends on how deep the trade discount is.

Right now Beck is better than Manning, at least he's healthy

No way is Beck or Rex better than Manning. Manning still has his brain and can read defenses better than most anyone playing right now. He won't make many mistakes at all and he doesn't turn the ball over. My only question on Manning would be his health.

I'm fine with this since 2 of the top 3 QB prospects look to be staying in school, as long as we don't do another McNabb type deal to get him. Also, I still want to draft a QB like Tannehill, who could sit behind Peyton for a year or two and develop.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2011 at 08:59 PM ----------

you guys would really hit the roof if i told you the source..

Mr. Snyder?

No way is Beck or Rex better than Manning. Manning still has his brain and can read defenses better than most anyone playing right now. He won't make many mistakes at all and he doesn't turn the ball over. My only question on Manning would be his health.

but he aint on the field is he? That's my point.

I'm fine with this since 2 of the top 3 QB prospects look to be staying in school, as long as we don't do another McNabb type deal to get him. Also, I still want to draft a QB like Tannehill, who could sit behind Peyton for a year or two and develop.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2011 at 08:59 PM ----------

Mr. Snyder?

haha close

So let me get this straight - people have trouble with the thought of the Skins being a player for Manning. Even if he is free agent AND passed a physical? They could keep all their draft picks and only have to worry about the $$$$ to sign him?

Looks like a good option to me. However, as I have said in other threads, I will be extremely surprised if Peyton signs with a NFC East team. Unless the Manning household had a disfunctional holiday, I don't think they want to play against each other twice a year. I really think they would prefer to be in opposite Conferences. Eli picking NY over San Diego? Really?

Just my two cents.

Merry Christmas all.

:helmet: The Rook

So let me get this straight - people have trouble with the thought of the Skins being a player for Manning. Even if he is free agent AND passed a physical? They could keep all their draft picks and only have to worry about the $$$$ to sign him?

Looks like a good option to me. However, as I have said in other threads, I will be extremely surprised if Peyton signs with a NFC East team. Unless the Manning household had a disfunctional holiday, I don't think they want to play against each other twice a year. I really think they would prefer to be in opposite Conferences. Eli picking NY over San Diego? Really?

Just my two cents.

Merry Christmas all.

:helmet: The Rook

Check Miami. shhhhhhhhhh

Whats funny is you bashed me in another thread basically saying I was dumb and there was "no way in hell peyton is coming here"... Obviously you dont know what ur talkin about.

i even said that i did that at the end of the post if you didnt see it. You wrote in regards to a yahoo article that speculated based on vague comment by adam schefter. Fast forward 10 days later and i heard actual information which is different. The information doesnt change how i personally feel because i think the same issues still present themselves in Mannings Health,offense, and price in trade/FA.

If this were to happen, I would subscribe to SHF's plan...

Trade back in the draft to accumulate 2013 picks, use FA and the draft to continue to build this team, and let Manning run the team in the short term as you plan to draft the future QB in 2013. With Manning (assuming health) and another off-season of roster upgrades we would probably start to win and hand a pretty good team over to Barkley or RGIII.

Even if the source is Shanny himself, saying "we will be players" if Manning is a FA doesn't seem very interesting to me. I mean, what are the Skins SUPPOSED to say, given how miserable our QB situation is? "Uh, yeah, we have no QB and therefore we'd have no interest in Manning." They'd be ridiculed if they said that. Sounds like a politically-correct, "we'll be in the hunt if a star player is healthy and available" generic type of answer.

We already tried a damaged-goods, past-his-prime former Pro Bowl QB designed to sell jerseys and tickets already, with McNabb. No thanks.

Hold up...no one has mentioned the elephant in the room. What would we do about Terrence Austin and #18?

Austin would love to not be 18 anymore if Peyton called him. Cha-ching!

I wouldn't hate having Manning here. Hell, we've already had Jordan and Jagr. :ols:

The Nats have to land Arod next!

Hold up...no one has mentioned the elephant in the room. What would we do about Terrence Austin and #18?

Im sure Austin would be stripped of that number. He is not a starter.

I think the whole entire QB situation in Indy is very unpredictable and it may not play out the way anybody thinks it will. I am just taking a wait and see approach. Who thought we would start the draft with five picks and finsh with 12. Its all specualtion until the dice hit the table and settle. Anything is possible in this league

If this were to happen, I would subscribe to SHF's plan...

Trade back in the draft to accumulate 2013 picks, use FA and the draft to continue to build this team, and let Manning run the team in the short term as you plan to draft the future QB in 2013. With Manning (assuming health) and another off-season of roster upgrades we would probably start to win and hand a pretty good team over to Barkley or RGIII.

I would subscribe to that plan, too.

If Barkley/RGIII aren't available, and there aren't any other QB's ready to be a rookie starter besides Luck, then signing Manning and trading back to aquire additional picks in 2012 or 2013 is making the best of the situation imo.

Archived