Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How the Washington Redskins could luck into Peyton Manning

Lavarleap56

As I pointed out in the other thread on pretty much the same topic, the odds of the Rams getting the #1 pick are extremely slim. The Colts would pretty much have to win out, because the Colts will get the #1 pick based on SoS if the two teams end up with the same record.

I hear you on that. Colts won against the Texans, though. I think they have a good shot to beat the Jags. The Vikes play us and the Bears. They could lose both of those easy. The Rams have Steelers and Niners. Doesn't seem far fetched that Indy picks second or third.

I think people need to realize Im talking about what i heard and then trying to put together how it could happen. I am not saying it is going to happen.

I think you need to realize that I don't need to read what you actually wrote or understand exactly what you or I am talking about to go ahead and give my opinion.

:pfft:

LL, if your initial theory plays out, then I will be the happiest guy on this board.

I dove onto the RGIII bandwagon after wavering on Tannehill and not seeing any support for him on here. I still think that he has that "it" factor and so many other non-stat things going for him. For us to have Manning for a couple of years teaching our next quarterback would be absolutely incredible.

Seriously, if you guys can genetically augment your tea leaves to make this happen, then please make this happen!

Manning with Tannehill behind him is the 3rd best solution to the QB issue - 2nd being Griffin, 1st being Luck. That said, Manning with Tannehill is an amazing situation, and quite frankly if Manning is healthy we're instant SB contenders right off the bat. We will have the best defense Manning has ever had, and the best coaching staff Manning has ever had, and while the skill positions weren't as good as say, during the 49 TD season, they're not anything to sneeze at.

I cannot believe the Colts just won tonight. Texans left Reggie Wayne without double coverage on the touchdown score.

The former Texan quarterback beat his old team. If the Rams get the first pick, then we need to see if they will trade that pick

to the Skins. I am still waiting for the NFL Network to break down the possibilities for the pick if certain teams win or lose

next week.

Manning with Tannehill behind him is the 3rd best solution to the QB issue - 2nd being Griffin, 1st being Luck. That said, Manning with Tannehill is an amazing situation, and quite frankly if Manning is healthy we're instant SB contenders right off the bat. We will have the best defense Manning has ever had, and the best coaching staff Manning has ever had, and while the skill positions weren't as good as say, during the 49 TD season, they're not anything to sneeze at.

Griffin really looks to be playing his senior season at Baylor.

Do you know when he's going to declare?

They have until 1/15 to declare. We should know after the bowl. I remember RG3 said he will decide after the bowl game.

Also, if Colts trade Manning, they will get hit like 20 sumthin millions for the next 2 years on their cap, no? They can keep him or cut him only.

They have until 1/15 to declare. We should know after the bowl. I remember RG3 said he will decide after the bowl game.

Also, if Colts trade Manning, they will get hit like 20 sumthin millions for the next 2 years on their cap, no? They can keep him or cut him only.

Actually that is false,, In March the Colts have to decide if they want to pay Peyton a 28 million dollar bonus and if they decline he then becomes a Unrestricted Free Agent.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 04:59 AM ----------

Basically with Barkley staying and possibly RG3 staying i dont see a cheaper option than Manning if hes a FA in terms of franchise impact. Only a few scenarios can play out and a mojority of them would cost multiple draft picks like luck and Bradford.

100% no, came from above the coaches.

So, by process of elimination, either Allen or Snyder himself? :ols::ols:

What you said about RG3 staying, on the other hand, is a real bummer. It sounds like you're really confident that that is indeed the case? Is there not even a glimmer of hope that: a) somebody just got their facts wrong on that one; or B) Griffin's just saying the "right" things publicly, i.e., wanting to stay in school, while still perhaps actually thinking of declaring for the draft?

Your insights are always much appreciated!

Actually that is false,, In March the Colts have to decide if they want to pay Peyton a 28 million dollar bonus and if they decline he then becomes a Unrestricted Free Agent.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 04:59 AM ----------

Basically with Barkley staying and possibly RG3 staying i dont see a cheaper option than Manning if hes a FA in terms of franchise impact. Only a few scenarios can play out and a mojority of them would cost multiple draft picks like luck and Bradford.

Luck, RG3, Bradford, or Manning and ill be ecstatic! This is gonna be a fun off season for sure!

For what it's worth:

"If the situation is where he's back and he's healthy, then I see him coming back and playing here," Irsay said before the game. "I think there is a lot of speculation about the draft pick and those sorts of things, but I think what you have to realize is this -- is the likes of Peyton Manning going to be seen again? It is not coming, if ever, for a very, very long time. You're not going to go in this draft or the next draft and get another Peyton Manning."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311222011

We've never had a player like Manning in the history of the franchise.

I don't care. I'm tired of having other teams leftovers at the quarterback position. Even if he's healthy, I don't want him. I don't want a quick fix. He's got, what? 3, maybe 4 years in the tank? A guy who's had three neck procedures in 18 months and I'm pretty sure another one before those?

I don't want Peyton Manning.

I just have ZERO faith that Manning's neck will ever heal 100%

Any one neck surgery in this sport is potentially career ending. He's had more than one. His older brother had his college career end (if I'm not mistaken) for a similar issue. The Skin's luck would be to sign him to some idiotic Dan Snyder, pie in the sky deal and have him play a couple games and get IR'd forever. El Paso on Manning for me. I'd rather take a thousand other options then take another great player whose tank is on empty. We fail every single time we go that route.

So, by process of elimination, either Allen or Snyder himself? :ols::ols:

What you said about RG3 staying, on the other hand, is a real bummer. It sounds like you're really confident that that is indeed the case? Is there not even a glimmer of hope that: a) somebody just got their facts wrong on that one; or B) Griffin's just saying the "right" things publicly, i.e., wanting to stay in school, while still perhaps actually thinking of declaring for the draft?

Your insights are always much appreciated!

The rumour that RG3 is leaning towards staying to finish his Master's degree is true. Turning pro is not a high priority to him. Seems god, family and his education are higher on his list. I base this on someone who is a close friend of his family. Will not be surprised if he stays in school.

As for Manning, he may be the only reasonable QB option for making the playoffs. A healthy Peyton Manning instantly makes the Redskins a playoff team.

I love you're insider info LL, but as for the prospect of getting Tannenhill, I'm not a fan. I'll admit, I've watched a lot of Landry Jones (:puke:), Barkley, and Griffin this season, but not much of Tannenhill, but looking at the little I've seen, and his stats with it, he's nothing special, IMO. Not saying I know for sure, but I just haven't seen anything from him that made me go "WOW, this guy could be great".

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 02:17 AM ----------

The rumour that RG3 is leaning towards staying to finish his Master's degree is true...

Griffin will finish his Masters in Communication in the spring, that's not a reason for him to stay in school another year. His father is asking agents not to talk to his son, because he's handling all the communication between them and Robert. He's currently talking to 5 agents in case Robert decides to go pro. That's the news.

Archived