Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How the Washington Redskins could luck into Peyton Manning

Lavarleap56

i dont see whats wrong with bringing in a guy like peyton, and drafting the best qb we can get at whatever spot were in. peyton plays a couple years while the rookie sits. its a win now and win later situation. as long as we dont give up alot for peyton. look how good our team looks with rex playing solid football. now imagine thats peyton back there and we score 30 a game. this make shift offensive line is playing very well, and with a couple of draft picks i think peyton would be protected well. its funny when a guy like trent williams gets paid, plays like **** and smokes weed, and then a guy like maurice hurt comes in and plays just as good. these guys we have now want it more.

What really bugs me about a lot of people on here is when they say "Just trade down, we will get our QB next year." And for the people who want Manning on this team, you need to wake up. First of all, we have to get our QB of the future in this draft if possible. We cant go on another season just to take a CHANCE at possibly being able to draft one next year. Thats the biggest thing so many of you that want to trade down forget, why would you think we could get a QB next year??!? I mean, every year its the same thing, a lot of you want to trade down and address the QB problem next year, but every year it just seems we can never get a QB, and our record is always not bad enough to be in the drawing for the big top 3 guy. Im sick of the "next year we will worry about our QB." No, this year we will worry about it. And why would you want Manning?! I mean, dont get me wrong, in my honest opinion, I think hes the greatest QB mind to ever play the game, but the guy has been out all year with a neck injury, and is what 35 years old? I mean, doesnt this seem Donovan Mcnabby to you guys? Same Ole Redskins, lets go get the 50 year old veteran and pay him millions so he can be at our retirement home of a team. We have to change. Honestly, I hope RG3 comes out, but if he doesnt, I am ALL for trading a bunch of picks for Luck. I know some of you are sooo against trading picks for Luck and you call people "Vinny" when someone brings it up, but come on, Vinny traded picks for 40 year old vets, not for a young stud QB that is supposedly the next John Elway. Ive said this before, this franchise needs hope, they need that ray of light that will give us all something to look forward to for the next 5 years, because right now it just seems like every year its the same thing, and every year its 99% because we dont have a competent QB. I dont want Manning, and I really REALLY hope they dont want him either. I just hope they can figure out a way to do what needs to be done.

What really bugs me about a lot of people on here is when they say "Just trade down, we will get our QB next year." And for the people who want Manning on this team, you need to wake up. First of all, we have to get our QB of the future in this draft if possible. We cant go on another season just to take a CHANCE at possibly being able to draft one next year. Thats the biggest thing so many of you that want to trade down forget, why would you think we could get a QB next year??!? I mean, every year its the same thing, a lot of you want to trade down and address the QB problem next year, but every year it just seems we can never get a QB, and our record is always not bad enough to be in the drawing for the big top 3 guy. Im sick of the "next year we will worry about our QB." No, this year we will worry about it. And why would you want Manning?! I mean, dont get me wrong, in my honest opinion, I think hes the greatest QB mind to ever play the game, but the guy has been out all year with a neck injury, and is what 35 years old? I mean, doesnt this seem Donovan Mcnabby to you guys? Same Ole Redskins, lets go get the 50 year old veteran and pay him millions so he can be at our retirement home of a team. We have to change. Honestly, I hope RG3 comes out, but if he doesnt, I am ALL for trading a bunch of picks for Luck. I know some of you are sooo against trading picks for Luck and you call people "Vinny" when someone brings it up, but come on, Vinny traded picks for 40 year old vets, not for a young stud QB that is supposedly the next John Elway. Ive said this before, this franchise needs hope, they need that ray of light that will give us all something to look forward to for the next 5 years, because right now it just seems like every year its the same thing, and every year its 99% because we dont have a competent QB. I dont want Manning, and I really REALLY hope they dont want him either. I just hope they can figure out a way to do what needs to be done.

I wouldn't mind Manning - I'm I one of those people that needs to "wake up?"

You really hope our coaches don't want him? I'll pass it along. I'm sure they'll consider your opinion; after all.....you've got 11 posts to your credit. :notworthy

i dont see whats wrong with bringing in a guy like peyton, and drafting the best qb we can get at whatever spot were in. peyton plays a couple years while the rookie sits. its a win now and win later situation. as long as we dont give up alot for peyton. look how good our team looks with rex playing solid football. now imagine thats peyton back there and we score 30 a game. this make shift offensive line is playing very well, and with a couple of draft picks i think peyton would be protected well. its funny when a guy like trent williams gets paid, plays like **** and smokes weed, and then a guy like maurice hurt comes in and plays just as good. these guys we have now want it more.

For me personally its to many variables that would cause me to pass on peyton. Last season the skins ended the year with alot of young guys and played well to close the year so im not completely sold on their performance now being a indication of future success. I do think they are improved just not sure how much yet. Another issue id have with peyton would be the odvious "what if" he goes down early with injury and you have to play a tookie who everyone knows is not ready?

If you heard what Irsay told the Nationwide audience is that they are not going to trade a healthy Peyton Manning and if they drafted Luck then they would keep both. Unless the OP has some inside information coming from Peyton, Archie, Eli, or their mother then Manning will be either a Colt or retired.

did you even read the op ? seriously. I heard some info and looked into it then tried to see how the pieces would fit. Anywhere in the op did i say this is in fact going to happen ?

For me personally its to many variables that would cause me to pass on peyton. Last season the skins ended the year with alot of young guys and played well to close the year so im not completely sold on their performance now being a indication of future success. I do think they are improved just not sure how much yet. Another issue id have with peyton would be the odvious "what if" he goes down early with injury and you have to play a tookie who everyone knows is not ready?

sometimes u gotta take a chance on a guy. you cant think about the "what ifs". if peyton goes somewhere else and kills it, we'll all be pissed that we didnt pursue him. the fact that the colts never put him on IR makes me think his neck isnt as serious as people are making it out to be. but thats just me i dont know anything about his situation. our perfect draft scenario of going #4 and getting our guy is all but gone, so now we have to improvise.

Manning is aging. He's not suited to be in a West Coast Offense. Neither is he a long term solution. Three very good reasons not to trade for him. Frankly, the Redskins don't need him.

glad we dobt run a west coast offense!

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 02:23 PM ----------

sometimes u gotta take a chance on a guy. you cant think about the "what ifs". if peyton goes somewhere else and kills it, we'll all be pissed that we didnt pursue him. the fact that the colts never put him on IR makes me think his neck isnt as serious as people are making it out to be. but thats just me i dont know anything about his situation. our perfect draft scenario of going #4 and getting our guy is all but gone, so now we have to improvise.

They didnt IR him so he could stay around and participate at practice as basically a coach. Once a player hits IR the rules are pretty strict that they cant even smell a practice firld with the team.

I don't understand why people are bashing signing Peyton IF we still draft Tannehill.

I don't understand fans(?) who bash Danny Snyder for playing Madden franchise GM when they come up with trade scenarios that have a snowballs chance in Hades in making the team better in the long run.

Peyton has a huge roster bonus due in March of 25 million plus and a huge cap hit after that if he is cut or traded, why would he redo his contract for the Redskins who haven't done jack except overpay for other teams aging stars since Danny bought the team?

Then there is the offense and our fans that will expect him to know it just a well as the system he just left and not disappoint like McNabb a star QB their team was willing to part ways with and we snatched up.

I call it the Joe Gibbs rule. Im sure most skins fans remember how many guys would be "hurt" then placed on IR to maintain a guys rights while you developed him.

Rookie OL has a cold....put on IR

As far as the posts from people saying that Irsay has already said he is keeping Manning, well things change. Currently, Manning is the Colts QB so it would be stupid for Irsay to start fawning over Luck publicly while Manning is still there. It's no differernt than a HC getting the dreaded vote of confidence during the middle of a losing season and then getting fired at the end. Irsay knows that nothing is for sure until the end of the season and his draft slot is solid.

I don't know if we will have a shot at Manning, Bradford or Luck. What I do know is that there is a lot of time before now and the April draft and many many things will change in between.

Do not want. He's nothing more than an expensive band aid. When will it be our turn to get a franchise quarterback? :(

Not really.

1. We don't know if the fact that he has had neck surgery, truly makes him a liability.

2. If he is indeed ready to play, he could take us to the SB. No doubt about that - only question marks concern his durability.

3. Peyton would by us a couple years to bring our QB along properly.

It may well be that Manning is not a good fit - or that he's damaged goods. None of us know that. No one knows that. That's why we have a medical staff.

As far as being a good fit, Kyle would know that better than any of us.

We should not even be considering Peyton. This is stupid, I'd rather have Rex starting next year than wasting resources on acquiring an old, damaged QB.

Really?? :doh:

I would love for you to give any other team in the NFL the option of Rex or Peyton. I guarantee every single team will take Peyton. Why is this fan base so blinded to how bad Rex is. :doh:

I call it the Joe Gibbs rule. Im sure most skins fans remember how many guys would be "hurt" then placed on IR to maintain a guys rights while you developed him.

Damn, you mean Mark Rypien wasn't really injured in 1986?? If we'd played him we could have been in Super Bowl that year.

Unless we can sign Manning as a free agent, he's not coming here. Why would we give up the picks when we could use them to move up and get RG3?

And I don't see Manning signing here. Mike is very controlling in his QBs. Manning will want to go somewhere where he can essentially he the OC.

I'm confused.

We should not even be considering Peyton. This is stupid, I'd rather have Rex starting next year than wasting resources on acquiring an old, damaged QB.

so if peyton and rex are free agents your telling me your signing rex grossman ? the same rex grossman half this site wanted on the bench for john beck ? I swear i dont understand the logic sometimes.

so if peyton and rex are free agents your telling me your signing rex grossman ? the same rex grossman half this site wanted on the bench for john beck ? I swear i dont understand the logic sometimes.

I think what he means, atleast with Rex, he's not so good we'll have better draft position to get a young franchise QB. With Peyton, he immediately gives us 10-12 wins. But is a short term solution (3-5 years).

He's probably thinking over the long haul, he would rather have a young franchise QB over Peyton.

BUT, I can understand Peyton. Look what happened when we drafted a guy like JC, he was give like 5 years, 5 years of mediocrity and no improvement. So, the truth of the matter is, do we get 3-5 good years from Peyton or take a chance on a young Qb?

Archived