Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Small, subtle things people aways do in movies/on TV that they (almost) never do in real life

And why can't any of the main characters on a drama be married and happy in their non-job life?

Zzzzzzzzz

3) Everybody knows how to drive anything. Bad guy gets away and the hero knows how to drive a tractor, snowmobile, motorcycle or front end loader or any other vehicle within grasp and can do it at 100 mph.

Nobody ever drives a manual though. I don't think I've ever seen a movie or TV show where a car wasn't an automatic.

Most grocery bags have a loaf of french bread and a few stalks of celery hanging out of the brown paper bag, sans the convenient handle.

Yes, there's always celery sticking out of the bag...not to mention the panties around their ankles. :)

art-frahm-bus-stop.jpg?w=407&h=548

art-frahm-elevator.jpg?w=416&h=549

art-frahm-bus-fare.jpg?w=367&h=487

art-frahm-parking-meter.jpg?w=546&h=640

hold-everything.jpg?w=570&h=719

art-frahm-jack-hammer.jpg?w=360&h=474

art-frahm-traffic-light.jpg?w=475&h=640

It is possible to get into a car in a movie and not notice the person sitting in your backseat - whether that person is a psycho killer or JT Walsh.

---------- Post added November-9th-2011 at 02:12 PM ----------

1) 2) Friends and How I Met Your Mother "always" get to sit in the same booth/couch. You mean, nobody else wanted to drink their coffee on that big comfy couch in the middle of the room?

I love Ken Levine's blog. He was a writer for Cheers, MASH, Frasier, and other shows. He was part of the team that created Frasier. They designed one set so they could have the cast sit at different tables in the coffee shop, because they felt it was stupid when people always sat at the same table.

---------- Post added November-9th-2011 at 02:14 PM ----------

PS

China has just informed me that I have a fetish I did not know I had.

I need to take the day off.

Why do people in movies and TV always go investigate the screams or gunfire or whatever ominous noise just occured? And they always take the most idiotic weapon in teh room with them when they go. Hmmm.... Axe...nah I'll take this water noodle with me and charge in towards the gunfire!

To add to this - fights in general. Especially those in high school. On tv, they show people setting up like they are going to actually throw punches and blocks, while the innocent bystanders form a perfect circle around the fighters. In reality, most fights just turn into a royal rumble of 2+ people wrestling.

Well, in my day and area..that is exactly how it happened. 2 people would fight and students would form the circle to make it harder for the teachers to get to em.

Most grocery bags have a loaf of french bread and a few stalks of celery hanging out of the brown paper bag, sans the convenient handle.
Yes, there's always celery sticking out of the bag...not to mention the panties around their ankles. :)

]

Ahh yes how did I forget the panties. :pfft:

Here is another one:

All beds have special L-shaped sheets that reach to armpit level on a woman but only up to the waist of the man lying beside her.

On the NYC theme, TV shows and movies about young people living in New York City show them living in apartments that you could park a Buick in. "Friends" was the biggest offender, but I'm sure you can think of others. A typical NYC apartment is going to look more like a broom closet than the spacious places depicted on screen.

Also, it bothers me that people never have to go to the bathroom in movies. Okay superbladder.

"24" was a minute-by-minute depiction of one day in Jack Bauer's life. It was on for 8 seasons, and he never peed once. His bladder must be the size of a beach ball.

Well, in my day and area..that is exactly how it happened. 2 people would fight and students would form the circle to make it harder for the teachers to get to em.

Well in MYYYYY day and area, two students would fight and others would huddle around them, but it was never so neat and perfect as it always is on tv.

---------- Post added November-9th-2011 at 02:18 PM ----------

On the NYC theme, TV shows and movies about young people living in New York City show them living in apartments that you could park a Buick in. "Friends" was the biggest offender, but I'm sure you can think of others. A typical NYC apartment is going to look more like a broom closet than the spacious places depicted on screen.

The Friends apt was rent-controlled. As was Carrie's apt on Sex and the City if I remember correctly. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all so lucky...

Well in MYYYYY day and area, two students would fight and others would huddle around them, but it was never so neat and perfect as it always is on tv.

Get off the lawn... :ols:

oddly enough in my school, the circle was pretty round...kinda like an old-style mosh pit.

Eating in restaurants on TV shows is the worst at this. It's already been mentioned about always having a table, but the timing is always perfect. Is there a lull in the conversation? Look our food is here! Do we need the check right away? Oh look the waiter/waitress is right here with it in hand.

I bring this up because I was out this week-end and my children (3 and 1) were beginning to fall asleep. It was nap time, and we wanted to get them in the car as soon as possible so that they would nap in the car since we had about an hour drive to get home. Trying to get the check to get out of there took forever! OK, rant over.

Is it the Hollywood prefix?

Well I looked it up...

From Wiki

The phone companies began encouraging the producers of television shows and movies to use the 555 prefix for fictional telephone numbers, roughly during the 1960s. One of the earliest uses of a 555 number can be seen in Panic in Year Zero! (1962), with 555-2106. In older television shows from the 1950s or 1960s, "KLondike 5" or "KLamath 5" was used, as at the time the telephone exchanges used letters and numbers in phone numbers. More recent works set in this period typically use this convention as well. For example, in Back to the Future Dr. Emmett Brown's 1955 phone number is "KLondike 5-4385" while the 1985 Jennifer Parker character writes the number 555-4823 on the clock tower flier telling Marty to call her at her grandmother's. In 2011, the fictional Netflix Relief Fund satirized the company's price increase of that year and used the fictional number 1-555-368-7147.

The number "2368" is a carryover from "EXchange 2368", which was common in old telephone advertisements. This represents "Exchange Central", with 2368 being the numeric version of "CENTral" in alphabetic dialing.

Before "555" or "KLondike-5" gained broad usage, and before touchtone phones became standard, scriptwriters would sometimes invent fake exchanges starting with words like "QUincy" or "ZEbra". The letters "Q" and "Z" were not used on the old dial phones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_(telephone_number)

How about when people are playing video games? people are always twisting into some crazy positions and jamming on the buttons like a mental case.

Bernie Mac was the worst offender. He would take a hand off the controller and GRAB a joystick with his index finger and thumb and jiggle it from side to side.

Archived