Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

That would lead me to believe that they arent that big of a group, but they use smart tactics to kill their victims

Initially I thought they were some kind of raider/ex military band that was armed to the teeth, razing towns and leaving everyone to turn.

Yeah. I was thinking big group too because of their ability to take out entire communities. But, remember when they found the torso's of the W Walkers at Noahs old community? They could have just let a bunch of Walkers do most of the work for them.

The Wolves seem to be using the Walkers to their advantage.

Imagine a few of those trucks filled with Walkers crashing through the gates of Alexandria. Probably wouldn't be pretty. There you have the dual threat.

Yes, I can definitely see this. We've already noted in this thread that the wall may have been well-built to defend against walkers, but not humans. Those support beams being on the outside, and the Wolves now having a picture of said wall with support beams outside, means they could easily devise a method to rip those beams down and break-in. The Alexandria community is lucky Rick & crew came when they did, Sasha could be in that tower sniping instead of just a gun stationed there to scare away people. 

Also, with Reg dead now, who would know how to rebuild the wall? 

The Wolves seem to be using the Walkers to their advantage.

Imagine a few of those trucks filled with Walkers crashing through the gates of Alexandria. Probably wouldn't be pretty. There you have the dual threat.

I could see this.

However,  they made it seem like it would be a new threat - something we had not seen before. Sort of like how everyone got sick at the prison and that was a "new" threat. Guess we will have to wait and see. I am excited.

So on Talking Dead they read a note showrunner Scott Gimple about next season. No spoilers but some interesting insight. 

He says next season will "reinvent" itself as they try to do every year. 

He said that in the last few seasons other people have been the biggest threat to the group and basically eluding that something else besides humans would be a threat to the group next season.

Sort of weird b/c it seems like those crazy guys are heading to Alexandra and I am sure there will be some sort of showdown. 

But, my guess is there will also be some "other" threat. So far off the top of my head - there have been:

- Zombies

- Disease

- Other survivors

Trying to think what could be next. Natural disaster?

Zombie wildlife? 

Really?

I thought it was the best episode since the "Clear" episode with Morgan.

IMO Greg Nicotero needs to direct more episodes. This one was fantastic. 

Ya, no walker feasting scenes, no one important died. Just a nobody gets stabbed and a bunch of hand holding.... blah...

Guess I was just expecting much more. I also didn't see the big controversy over rick - he was fighting a wife known wife beater, who started the fight and everyone is horrified? 

Kind of lame....  Morgan's part was cool but who didn't see him saving Darryl in the car? Was pretty bland....

I think they are officially running out of ideas.

Ya, no walker feasting scenes, no one important died. Just a nobody gets stabbed and a bunch of hand holding.... blah...

Guess I was just expecting much more. I also didn't see the big controversy over rick - he was fighting a wife known wife beater, who started the fight and everyone is horrified? 

Kind of lame....  Morgan's part was cool but who didn't see him saving Darryl in the car? Was pretty bland....

I think they are officially running out of ideas.

I think you are officially insane

I think you are officially insane

The Walking Dead is less about mindlessly slaughtering zombies, and more about the riveting drama. I thought last night's episode was fantastic. I haven't been that on edge watching a TV show in about 20 years. My wife and I were talking about who was going to die--Darryl or Glen? What was going to happen to Rick? WTF is up with Gabriel? Carol is the new pudding (i.e. Carol is Awesome). Fantastic ending with Rick shooting Porchdick and then seeing Morgan's shocked look on his face.

But then again, some people just want the apocalyptic version of "OW! My Balls!"

But then again, some people just want the apocalyptic version of "OW! My Balls!"

There's always Z Nation.

Hell, that series had a "Zomnado" and I believe one of the episodes was called "Zunami".

I couldn't get into it at all though.

New mutation in the zombies?  Giant, extremely strong, non-deteriorating beast zombies. A Virus wants to survive, and humans decaying keep it under control.  What if it mutated and made the zombie a viable, living hulk beast.  Not sure if it would change the story line too much.  Maybe CDC accidentally made these trying to find a cure? 

I'd LOVE that.

Hurricane?  Tornadoes?  Sharknadoes?  No thanks.  Played out in other movies/shows.  Do something different.

Greg Nicotero is responsible for a lot of awesomeness on the screen.  Can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

New mutation in the zombies?  Giant, extremely strong, non-deteriorating beast zombies. A Virus wants to survive, and humans decaying keep it under control.  What if it mutated and made the zombie a viable, living hulk beast.  Not sure if it would change the story line too much.  Maybe CDC accidentally made these trying to find a cure? 

I'd LOVE that.

If that were to happen, this show immediately jumps the shark. I'm talking suicide nosedive (disclaimer: comment non reflective of recent events). It just becomes The Resident Evil Dead

The most I could see, is they stumble upon a Walker that is showing human characteristics, and calls out to them for aid or something. Milton's experiments seemed to be onto something before everything went to **** at Woodbury

There's always Z Nation.

Hell, that series had a "Zomnado" and I believe one of the episodes was called "Zunami".

I couldn't get into it at all though.

I love Z Nation.  It's cheesy and hilarious like typical zombie movies are.  Very creative what they do with the zombies.  There was the tornado where they were flinging them everywhere, zombies jacked up on pharmaceutical drugs (at a manufacturing plant), the stampede where there were like 10K + migrating as far as the eye could see.

It's definitely a good filler zombie show to TWD.  Just have to go into it expecting cheese and rolling with it.  TWD is leaps and bounds better, but it's more serious than other zombie movies/shows.  

TWD does not need to change or incorporate that stuff.  That's why we have the other cheesy zombie shows :D

I'm still going to watch it and I still enjoy it quite much.

But I think that it's obvious that the Wolves will raid Alexandria and Rick and Co will eventually defeat the Wolves, not before ruining Alexandria though. Some members of the cast might be lost and some new ones might be introduced through the Wolves.

In the end, their current home will be destroyed and they'll be on the "outside" yet again.

If this doesn't happen I'll be pleasantly surprised. I still like the show but it's becoming predictable and repetitive. We need more moments like when Rick divulges to the group that they're all infected.

Maybe so, but I would expect them to do some wolf hunting/trapping of their own, they should have learned waiting behind walls don't work.

Scripts in the works: 

1. Giant Zombie amphibious sharks v Giant Vampire flying spiders. 

2.  Zombie Bigfoots v forest/mountain-dwelling "sovereign citizens" Werewolves

3. Zombie gays v Christian Conservative cannibals.

Imma b rich.

3. Zombie gays v Christian Conservative cannibals.

Epic.

"They went to war as the living..... Now they do it again, only.... Deader. Bring your cross and Holy water, bring your hand sanitizer and Diet Pepsi.

Prepare yourselves. It's going down.... And it might do more than bite you!"

/Movie guy voice

Next season on the Walking Dead:

Atlanta raised transplants in DC attend local baseball game, pretend to have traveled a long way to "take over" the park.

The group has survived walkers, Governors, road trips, ***holes, nincompoops, and cowards... but their next test could be the hardest. Can the group survive... DC. Rush. Hour.... 

Epic.

"They went to war as the living..... Now they do it again, only.... Deader. Bring your cross and Holy water, bring your hand sanitizer and Diet Pepsi.

Prepare yourselves. It's going down.... And it might do more than bite you!"

/Movie guy voice

"Born again" conflicts, indeed.

Plus, you could work in the whole "Jesus rose from the dead" and the "eating of the body and drinking of the blood" thingys.

"The End Days Were Only the Beginning!"

jeebus_zps96o69a3r.jpg

I'd LOVE that.

This sounds like Left 4 Dead, one of the best games I've ever played. 

Wouldn't be mad if next season we got an episode that was just Morgan & Carol having a talk about life.

maybe even a love scene.

"sure you're ready for this bo staff of mine?  I don't want to hurt you, Carol.  Your life is precious."

"Come at me."

Fine! I'll take my ideas and go home

LOL

Maybe the USG is trying to restore order, and to do that have to burn everything down.  Alexandria is considered "dirty" and will be purged.  They have to convince them to let them be?

I dunno.

I'm completely over the "this bad guy has bad dudes with him and we have to kill them" story line.

Please, impress me with next season.  Not that this one wasn't good, but be innovative and impress us.

Archived