Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Yo Morgan, just for future reference.  All life is precious.....unless those lives tried to kill you!  Rick will learn him

I'm not sure Rick will be doing the teaching. Morgan is probably a more accomplished killer than Rick is. Remember in the episode "Clear", when RIck and Michonne got past all of Morgan's booby traps, he had tons of guns, food, ammo that he'd taken off others who'd tried to kill him. Maybe he's killed so many, and had gone so far in one direction that he did a complete 180. 

I think if the two of the are leading the community in how to protect themselves, they'll be formidable. Let Deanna worry about supply levels, interviewing newcomers, housing, etc,. 

I loved how Abraham took over the construction crew.  Good fit, and he treated his people well.

Cool how the old leader told Deanna basically he's better than I am and you wont regret putting him in charge.

MrsGoon was saying how much she loved Abraham's speeches.  "He sounds like you Mr."

Talking dead: Morgan and Daryl have no idea what's transpiring.  Daryl may think that it's "go time" on taking over the place and I hope that doesn't lead to him doing something stupid. 

Will be interesting to see what the dynamic is in Alexandria now that they understand Rick is on their side and he isn't going to kill them all LOL.  Just hope Rick doesn't turn into the governor.  Although Shane would be proud of him now.

I'm curious who left the note in that car, what happened to them, and how they knew bad people were coming, while they were likely surrounded by a horde. Maybe they just knew because they had just sprang the same traps. I think there were spray painted warnings too, not just Wolves graffiti. Maybe whoever left that note was linked to the community somehow. I think they said they were 50 miles away from Alexandria though.

By the way, did Daryl troll us on Talking Dead? A few weeks back he said we'd "need tissues" for the finale. Unless he meant tissues for tears of joy because of Morgan's return . None of our people died, and Pete's brains are all over the street. No tissues needed.

By the way, did Daryl troll us on Talking Dead? A few weeks back he said we'd "need tissues" for the finale. Unless he meant tissues for tears of joy because of Morgan's return . None of our people died, and Pete's brains are all over the street. No tissues needed.

Maybe we're supposed to feel particularly sad about innocent, kindly Reg dying?  I dunno.

never been more disappointed in a final episode... that sucked hard. First time WD has blown it that badly.

IMO it would have been saved if a walker chomped the lady in charge... she is so annoying.

What didn't you like?  I thought it was the best episode in a while.

I was saying the same thing! He even had that "I'm not looking at you while I'm beating you cause I'm blind" fighting style going on.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

One thing that I was kind of perplexed about... all this hype around the Wolves, all the dead bodies, destroyed communities, etc. And it's just two guys? Two guys without ammo and who got their asses kicked by one guy with a staff? I figured it was a much larger group. 

Pretty sure it has to be more than two guys.

Also...if it's cold outside (and the actors were clearly playing it that way) why are you holding your meeting outside at night when you have nice houses and electricity?  Obvious creepy scene is obvious.

I think that booby trap truck place was a former safe haven for another group, and they knew the Wolves were about to overrun them with zombies. They may have been trapped before it was a trap. Maybe some got out, and the poncho guy may have been one of them. Probably not though, because you'd think getting as far away as possible would probably be priority #1. There has to be electricity at that place too, or there wouldn't have been a Brian Wilson zombie disco party in the trucks. 

I think that booby trap truck place was a former safe haven for another group, and they knew the Wolves were about to overrun them with zombies. They may have been trapped before it was a trap. Maybe some got out, and the poncho guy may have been one of them. Probably not though, because you'd think getting as far away as possible would probably be priority #1. There has to be electricity at that place too, or there wouldn't have been a Brian Wilson zombie disco party in the trucks. 

Batteries and a boombox. Just like early 90s Compton...

I thought it was interesting that Lennie James said on Talking Dead that Morgan had a fundamental change that led him to a Zen like state of mind and that all life is precious. Then, first thing Morgan sees occurring with Rick is Rick blowing a guys brains out. For the right reasons, yes, but due to Morgan's change, I wonder how that relationship will play out between them.

I thought it was interesting that Lennie James said on Talking Dead that Morgan had a fundamental change that led him to a Zen like state of mind and that all life is precious. Then, first thing Morgan sees occurring with Rick is Rick blowing a guys brains out. For the right reasons, yes, but due to Morgan's change, I wonder how that relationship will play out between them.

Probably wont be a big deal. Morgan may question the more extreme moments, but I think he understands that Rick did what he had to do, and will keep doing it, to protect the group

never been more disappointed in a final episode... that sucked hard. First time WD has blown it that badly.

IMO it would have been saved if a walker chomped the lady in charge... she is so annoying.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

I thought it was one of the episodes of the year and really, really, really good.

I think Morgan won't approve of Ricks change in persona. I thought the sight of Rick blowing dudes brains out wasn't a great first impression.

I'm also starting to get weary of the plot lines of TWD. Every season is more or less the same but with a different location. From the farm to the prison to Alexandria. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Alexandria will be destroyed and the group will be wandering yet again. I wish that they can change up the plot a bit to make the show, on a large scale, more variant.

Morgan can fill the the sentimental void left by Tyrese...but unlike Tyrese, he can do what needs to be done. He tried to pretty much end those two guys by honking the horn and leaving them in the car. They could have easily ended up trapped like Daryl and Adam did. 

Only saw about 5 min of Talking Dead, but in that part the actor said he honked the horn to make sure there were no walkers around and those guys would be relatively safe until they woke up.  Because all life is precious.  I had the same interpretation as you originally though.  But I guess it's more in keeping with where his character currently is.

I think Morgan won't approve of Ricks change in persona. I thought the sight of Rick blowing dudes brains out wasn't a great first impression.

I'm also starting to get weary of the plot lines of TWD. Every season is more or less the same but with a different location. From the farm to the prison to Alexandria. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Alexandria will be destroyed and the group will be wandering yet again. I wish that they can change up the plot a bit to make the show, on a large scale, more variant.

What exactly do you want? People complain all the time about the show being too biring, or this or that. If the shiw settles down at a location, that means theres less of a walker/people threat, which means theres less killing and more story, which people seem to complain about

I always say that every show (if it goes on long enough) reaches a point where people just start finding stupid reasons to diss it. We've reached that point at the end of Season 5

No matter what direction the shiw goes in, to many people, it will be the wrong one. And they can all jump off a cliff.

So on Talking Dead they read a note showrunner Scott Gimple about next season. No spoilers but some interesting insight. 

He says next season will "reinvent" itself as they try to do every year. 

He said that in the last few seasons other people have been the biggest threat to the group and basically eluding that something else besides humans would be a threat to the group next season.

Sort of weird b/c it seems like those crazy guys are heading to Alexandra and I am sure there will be some sort of showdown. 

But, my guess is there will also be some "other" threat. So far off the top of my head - there have been:

- Zombies
- Disease
- Other survivors

Trying to think what could be next. Natural disaster?

I get to these parties the next day or later, so i'll just echo most of what has been said. Some of the way things went surprised me in how "good" it all turned out--so far.

Love our extended family of badasses and that Deanna saw the light by embracing her inner darkness. That's what I try to do in my work with people.  :P

I could see some potential drama in having Rick & Morgan with a in-between Deanna developing head-butting factions over differences in approach. That could be played up quite well should they go that way. I may be being dense here (always a good bet) or missed something, but I'm assuming that the whole trucks full o zombies is a specific preparation by the wolves just to attack Alexandria and it's a staple in their strategic planning when they happen upon any (comparatively) sizable fortified enclave, just as it's been used on the show before. Ram a few big rigs into the gate or selected section, drivers bail and run (if ya can't rig the wheel/gas to do it w/o a driver) while cover fire's provided, and in wander the zombies. Wolves have a line of shooters distanced around the outer perimeter to shoot those trying to escape.

NoCal--thought they'd canned Hannibal (too dark). Glad to hear I got that wrong. Great acting. Humans looks intriguing, too.

So on Talking Dead they read a note showrunner Scott Gimple about next season. No spoilers but some interesting insight. 

He says next season will "reinvent" itself as they try to do every year. 

He said that in the last few seasons other people have been the biggest threat to the group and basically eluding that something else besides humans would be a threat to the group next season.

Sort of weird b/c it seems like those crazy guys are heading to Alexandra and I am sure there will be some sort of showdown. 

But, my guess is there will also be some "other" threat. So far off the top of my head - there have been:

- Zombies

- Disease

- Other survivors

Trying to think what could be next. Natural disaster?

The Wolves seem to be using the Walkers to their advantage.

Imagine a few of those trucks filled with Walkers crashing through the gates of Alexandria. Probably wouldn't be pretty. There you have the dual threat.

I guess your not supposed to read this much into it but I go crazy when I see things like the boobie trap scene.

Daryll is supposed to be a seasoned veteran in taking care of himself in a zombie apocalypse yet he would still open a trailer door without banging on it first to see if there's walkers inside?

Seems like common sense to me even for a rookie, I just wish they'd be a little more creative when setting up these scenes.

And don't get me started on how that one trailer got facing the wrong direction, what did they do put it in there with a crane.

My mind always over analyzes everything which is why I need writers to be extremely clever with stuff like this and as much as I love this show the writers are terrible when it comes to these scenes.

The Wolves seem to be using the Walkers to their advantage.

Imagine a few of those trucks filled with Walkers crashing through the gates of Alexandria. Probably wouldn't be pretty. There you have the dual threat.

That would lead me to believe that they arent that big of a group, but they use smart tactics to kill their victims

Initially I thought they were some kind of raider/ex military band that was armed to the teeth, razing towns and leaving everyone to turn.

What exactly do you want? People complain all the time about the show being too biring, or this or that. If the shiw settles down at a location, that means theres less of a walker/people threat, which means theres less killing and more story, which people seem to complain about

I always say that every show (if it goes on long enough) reaches a point where people just start finding stupid reasons to diss it. We've reached that point at the end of Season 5

No matter what direction the shiw goes in, to many people, it will be the wrong one. And they can all jump off a cliff.

I'm still going to watch it and I still enjoy it quite much.

But I think that it's obvious that the Wolves will raid Alexandria and Rick and Co will eventually defeat the Wolves, not before ruining Alexandria though. Some members of the cast might be lost and some new ones might be introduced through the Wolves.

In the end, their current home will be destroyed and they'll be on the "outside" yet again.

If this doesn't happen I'll be pleasantly surprised. I still like the show but it's becoming predictable and repetitive. We need more moments like when Rick divulges to the group that they're all infected.

Archived