Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

That was all in Tyrese's mind I believe. Don't think it was actually happening.

No I thought that was him remembering back after it first happened and he said he was listening to the radio for help and heard those type of reports.

We can stop calling them the "W" group. It's the Wolves. Written all over Noah's community along with a bunch of halved bodies.

I don't remember seeing Wolves actually mentioned or written in the show. If that is from the comics I didn't want to start referring to them as that until it was confirmed on the show.

Maybe I need to catch the episode with Richmond/Noah's group again.

No I thought that was him remembering back after it first happened and he said he was listening to the radio for help and heard those type of reports.

I don't remember seeing Wolves actually mentioned or written in the show. If that is from the comics I didn't want to start referring to them as that until it was confirmed on the show.

Tyrese talked about how when he was a kid his dad would let them listen to radio broadcasts so he would know what was happening around the world. The radio brodacast Tyrese was hearing, was all in his head. It wasn't actually happening in the car.

Yes, the Wolves were referred to in the same episode with the radio broadcast when they were at Noah's old community.

Did anyone feel Rick's rant was something right out of Shane's mouth? I know what he was talking about was more generalized and still wouldn't be pulling some of the **** that Shane would have if he had still been around, but the "This is going to get you killed, you aren't doing it right, in this world we need to do it like this" stuff reminded me of Shane a bunch.

I will say, the discussion over letting the doctor leave/exile versus killing him outright reminded me of Shane and Rick arguing over the young guy they saved in town and what to do with him.

Humorously, I also found that this discussion reminded me of the Dark Knight Rises, with Crane sentencing people to either death or exile and of course if they choose death, it's death by exile and they are forced to walk across the ice to certain death. That's pretty much what the choices here are, as Deanna said, exiling is pretty much a death sentence, but it makes her feel better about it I suppose.

Also, the whole setup of Alexandria and the group's struggle with normalcy reminded me of the Governor and after he was thwarted the first time he realIzed that you can't come back from what you've done and what you've become.

Tyrese talked about how when he was a kid his dad would let them listen to radio broadcasts so he would know what was happening around the world. The radio brodacast Tyrese was hearing, was all in his head. It wasn't actually happening in the car.

Yes, the Wolves were referred to in the same episode with the radio broadcast when they were at Noah's old community.

I guess I definitely need to watch that episode again

So is Morgan dead or is this another red herring?  Was that dismembered corpse that Daryl & Aaron stumbled across...Morgan?  If it is I assume we will see Morgan in flashbacks leading up to his death.  

Wow, good pull...It would be kind of a let down, since that little tease at the midseason finale.

I can't remember the last time I was this on edge about what's going to happen in an episode. Banshee this season came close, but this is, just intense.

I don't think the radio broadcast mentioned the Wolves by name, but in the aftermath of what happened to Noah's community, graffiti saying something like "the wolves were here!" was spray painted on a wall while they were discussing the gameplan at the first intersection. 

Pretty easy foreshadowing to understand these "wolves" were responsible for burning all of those homes along the way to Noah's community, as well as slaughtering everyone there. Some of the homes in Noah's community were burned down too. 

I think it's a safe guess that the W scratched into the foreheads of people, whether before they turned or after, is something these Wolves are doing. And I believe they presence of them being so close to the Alexandria community means they will be attacking soon. 

if that's Morgan, we riot.  **** outta here

Writers wouldn't be that cruel, though.  They know we, the people, want Morgan.  we need Morgan.  And dangling him in front of us with teasers several times, they'd just kill him off-camera?  I don't buy it.

if that's Morgan, we riot.  **** outta here

Writers wouldn't be that cruel, though.  They know we, the people, want Morgan.  we need Morgan.  And dangling him in front of us with teasers several times, they'd just kill him off-camera?  I don't buy it.

I can see them potentially doing flashbacks to close the loop on it but dammit if that wouldn't piss me off enough to not watch next season. 

Yeah, I can't see them killing him off screen after the two teasers. 

Unless, they started season 6 next fall showing what happened to him after finding the map in the church where he meets a group headed to DC and right when they get in the woods in Alexandria, he is brutally murdered by this wolves group while one of the women in his group is raped and tied to a tree to die. 

It would be similar to the detour we took with the governor for a handful of episodes showing him meeting the girl and daughter after Woodberry was destroyed. It would also be the only first hand account we've seen to show the Wolves capabilities and their horrific brutality. So you serve them up on a platter by crushing a formidable Morgan after the first couple episodes then show the Wolves stumbling upon the Alexandria community walls as the credits roll. Next episode we find out what happened to Rick and the group after the season finale for a bit and then the confrontation at the midseason finale. 

I feel like they need to build up the Wolves more and this would allow it. I'd be really pissed about Morgan and I doubt that would ever happen but that would be the only way that would make sense to me. 

Yeah, I can't see them killing him off screen after the two teasers. 

Unless, they started season 6 next fall showing what happened to him after finding the map in the church where he meets a group headed to DC and right when they get in the woods in Alexandria, he is brutally murdered by this wolves group while one of the women in his group is raped and tied to a tree to die. 

Yeah that's exactly how I could see them telling his story to start off next season.  If the picture I posted is Morgan then they have to do a backstory leading up to his demise. 

So is Morgan dead or is this another red herring?  Was that dismembered corpse that Daryl & Aaron stumbled across...Morgan?  If it is I assume we will see Morgan in flashbacks leading up to his death.  

It can't just be a random, dismembered black guy? I don't think this is Morgan, they were just trying to hammer home the sheer brutality of the Wolves group. 

EDIT: But now that I look at the clothing of the dismembered body. Doesn't the tan color of the clothing look just like the jacket Morgan is wearing in the photo the right of it? 

It can't just be a random, dismembered black guy? I don't think this is Morgan, they were just trying to hammer home the sheer brutality of the Wolves group. 

EDIT: But now that I look at the clothing of the dismembered body. Doesn't the tan color of the clothing look just like the jacket Morgan is wearing in the photo the right of it? 

Yeah and the same type of sun glasses.  Who knows....lol, they love teasing us.  

Listen. People starting dropping the "wolves" term too early in this thread and have continued to do it to a degree unjustified by any "clues" in the series. It first appears in this thread when it did because some one knew it from the comics, and other have repeated it.

People who have avoided the comics would not have heard it (because it hasn't been used in the show) and easily could have missed it as some backdrop graffiti (if it was there) but either way would not likely make much out of such a thing unless they knew beforehand it had significance.

Point being, this was a minor transgression in outcome, but next time this happens--bans. It's been made clear enough here that the restrictions on non-tv-show material are firm and even people who know better apparently just have to feed that self-indulgent need to "drop some knowledge" and, as ever, and push the envelope.

So next time it happens, you get banned and if you whine about it upon return, you'll be banned again. 

Listen. People starting dropping the "wolves" term too early in this thread and have continued to do it to a degree unjustified by any "clues" in the series. It first appears in this thread when it did because some one knew it from the comics, and other have repeated it.

I would just like to point out that this is

an incorrect assumption

And here's the screencap from Noah's neighborood, where the dismembered bodies were found.  The writing is, literally, on the walls:

P2iPs2R.jpg

I hope I don't get banned for this, but the "wolves" or curved "W" in zombies heads was never in the comics. I believe all the specaulation about the "wolves" has all started in this thread, because of Richmond and Noah's neighborhood.

After seeing those screenshots I am really worried that is Morgan. I am just hoping another black dude beat him up and took all his clothes.

Until i can get back to this stuff later and address those last posts (not a big deal), just remind yourselves that to avoid spoilers (just like in the GOT tv series-only thread) there isn't supposed to be any other source material (comics/fan sites/other shows) used for commenting on this stuff, or its potential significance for instance, other than what is televised on the WD & TD tv shows. 

Archived