Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and 21.. clearly the play of the game.. Fault Haslett?

shakinaiken

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

absolutely terrible call. you can't blame the defense for losing the game, but once again an absolute meltdown on a critical play that should have never been converted.

they were on their own 30 yard line. If we hold them to a 10 yard gain, its 4th and 11. They have 2 timeouts and the two minute warning. I think they wind up punting to us and we run some time off the clock and get the win if we don't botch that play.

6 FGs. Not blaming the D. Sorry.

I think it's faint praise though to give a team credit for allowing 6 FGs. They did allow a team to keep getting into scoring territory that many times. Six FGs is a lot of scoring chances, and none of those kicks were all that difficult. God forbid they'd been at full strength, they'd have punched it in a few times and it'd have been 30-10 or some such thing. How about the D make them punt a few more times? Three punts all game. They had the one TO deep in Redskins territory, but otherwise, the Cowboys other 5 scoring drives were lengthy.

All that said, this thing about it's either the O or the D is nonsense. They're both to blame. And special teams too for that matter with the block and no decent returns. Total team loss.

You don't send out an all out blitz on 3 and 21, Especially when we know that Hall has been getting owned by Bryant in the game. Orakpo, Kerrigan, and the rest of the d-line would have been fine on that play. Hopefully he learned his mistake and continues to call some good plays again.

Can't wait for Phillip Buchanan to comeback.

Haslett is the reason they didnt score a TD that whole game. I fault Haslett for having belief in 57 MILLION dollar CB who couldnt cover a bed with a quilt. Put Josh Wilson on Dez next time.

This is exactly how I feel. The Defense was the reason we were still in that game. D- Hall the last of the 'me' players.

Huge fail of a playcall there yes but more questions could be raised by the offensive playcalling IMO. Where was the stretch playaction boot?. The redzone playcalling is flat out awful overall.

I dont blame DHall at all as Dez Bryant will win that play 9.5 times out of 10 over just any db in the league.

you can blame haslett if you want to but in the end, Hall got the facemask, Hall had poor coverage(which he had most of the night on Dez). If you want to be the guy that is on the #1 all of the time, then act like the guy who SHOULD be covering the number one guy. As for Haslett, he did what everyone wanted him to do, Pressure and injured Romo sits to pee, I know everyone was begging for Haslett to dial up the blitz and put Romo sits to pee on his ass, and it was working, everytime Romo sits to pee got pressured he paniced and would throw up a duck, until that one play. There were way to many factors in this game to say one person lost it for us.

Once again we could not convert in the redzone, the blocked/fumbled/****ed field goal, the timely fumble at the end of the game, etc etc.

This was a tough fought game and it just didn't fall in our favor.

Haslett is the reason they didnt score a TD that whole game. I fault Haslett for having belief in 57 MILLION dollar CB who couldnt cover a bed with a quilt. Put Josh Wilson on Dez next time.

100% correct

Bottom line, to me anyway. You hold an opponent to less than twenty points, no touchdowns, and you don't win the loss is well earned.

Shake it off. Regroup. Move on to St. Louis and leave there 3-1.

St Louis. The worst run defense in the league. Who wants to bet we will have less than 30 carries?

This is exactly how I feel. The Defense was the reason we were still in that game. D- Hall the last of the 'me' players.

The defense is getting too much credit for what they should have been expected to do.

Yeah lets ignore the fact that we played a injured depleted cowpoke team with one credible WR and an University of Maryland Alum at center doing his part to give the game to us with his quick and high snaps to Romo sits to pee. The cowpoke brainfarts helped keep the game close. If they are healthy when they face us at FedEx they are not going to only have field goals, but hopefully that will also be the case for us as well.

That was a foolish call by Hase-let at that point of the game

Blitzing on 3rd-and-21 is a good idea in theory, because a quarterback needs a somewhat long-developing pass play to gain more than 20 yards in that situation.......so why not force him to dump the ball off to an RB who probably won't get more than ten yards?

It just so happened that Romo sits to pee hit Bryant for the 30-(?) yard gain anyway regardless.

Had Romo sits to pee been sacked, you guys would have thought the blitz a great call.

Right on, NavyDave. I don't buy the fact that our defense played "well". The Cowboys offense was one of the most discombobulated messes I've ever seen and our D flat out couldn't stop them when it mattered. We let one of two players capable of beating us actually beat us.

Hate to say it, but if the Cowboys had Miles Austin and a competent center I don't even think this game is close going into the 4th quarter.

closeups during the game of tackles arms wrapped around our guys, and no call. Blatant offsides ignored. yes ware got a good jump on at least one play, and the pukes should have gotten called on others. snowjob tonight.

And the most obvious non-grounding call I can recall in the NFL. wide pan, nobody let alone a puke WR anywhere in the vicinity. Felt the refs were tanking the game for the pukes from that point on.

What about the 3-4 false starts that our guys seemingly committed with no flags? What about the beneficial personal foul call on Moss that turned out to be a clean hit?

Please don't blame the refs for this game. They might have been shaky, but they were shaky in both directions.

Plenty of blame all the way aroound. You have to give credit to the Cowboys defense. They were the only reason they were in it.

Our defense was good and I don't mind aan aggressive d-coordinator, but sometimes showing blitz and not blitzing is a great call.

Ahh man I am really trying not to put my head through a wall. I really hate it when our team really seems to dig deep and find a way to lose.

Incorrect. I would not have.

Plus 1.

Like I said, Bryant is a nightmare match-up for D.Hall. He should have not been left on an island at that point in the game. You had to play the odds on that play. I know a blitz should have work but if you send eight and they shut it down that means you have your corners, who aren't that good in coverage, very vulnerable.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 09:42 AM ----------

Please don't blame the refs for this game. They might have been shaky, but they were shaky in both directions.

I agree with this too. That flag on the Moss hit was the most BS call I have ever seen. I was pissed at that myself.

What about the 3-4 false starts that our guys seemingly committed with no flags? What about the beneficial personal foul call on Moss that turned out to be a clean hit?

Yeah, it pretty much evened out. There was even the holding (or tackling) call by Trent Williams on Demarcus Ware that didn't get called. The calls went both ways. The refs are the last reason we lost that game.

All that said, this thing about it's either the O or the D is nonsense. They're both to blame. And special teams too for that matter with the block and no decent returns. Total team loss.

Yep...everyone did just enough to lose the game.

Hell, I have spent the last 15 minutes thinking about the 3rd and 21 play and convincing myself that it's not all that ridiculous a call. Every single time we blitzed them, they either threw an incomplete pass or completed a very short pass for virtually no gain. In fact, Dez Bryant spent the first couple seconds hanging around the LOS waiting for the hot pass from Romo sits to pee on that play.

Where this thing broke down was that not one of the 7 or 8 guys blitzing beat their guy. Max protect or not, that means that every one of our front 7 was in a one-on-one situation with either an OL, TE, or RB and no one broke free. It's fine, it happens. But the aggressive play-calling is what put Dallas in that long-yardage situation to begin with. It's hard to fault a coordinator for going with what was working. If Cofield or Bowen or Rocky or Kerrigan or Orakpo or Carriker or whoever else had made a play, deflected the pass, sacked Romo sits to pee, forced a quick throw...then everyone is PRAISING this defensive unit and coordinator for allowing 15 points on the road against the Dallas Cowboys. It just didn't happen...Dallas executed the play well and stepped up. We didn't.

You could look at any number of plays/players and we equally lost this game.

Blitzing on 3rd-and-21 is a good idea in theory, because a quarterback needs a somewhat long-developing pass play to gain more than 20 yards in that situation.......so why not force him to dump the ball off to an RB who probably won't get more than ten yards?

It just so happened that Romo sits to pee hit Bryant for the 30-(?) yard gain anyway regardless.

Had Romo sits to pee been sacked, you guys would have thought the blitz a great call.

If you're dumping it off on an all out blitz, there's nobody left to stop the RB though. He's got one or two guys before he's running to daylight.

I don't mind blitzing there. I just don't like an all-out blitz that leaves the only person on the field who can hurt you one-on-one.

Literally' date=' the only play that would bail the [b']Cowboys out was a jump ball to Bryant. And they got a jump ball to Bryant.[/b]

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Precisely. There are 20 scenarios. 19 of them force a 4th down situation. One gives them a first. There was no reason to even risk that scenario.

Archived