Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and 21.. clearly the play of the game.. Fault Haslett?

shakinaiken

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Your memory is somewhat working correct. The play worked once before due to Josh Wilson making a heck of a play. Otherwise, the all out blitz didn't really do what it needed to do. We went to the well too many times and it was a terrible call in that situation. Putting three guys in coverage on 3rd and 21 is stupid.

And that's what is expected on a play like that. Players making good plays. We've all watched enough football in our day to know that this isn't the first time a blitz like that has been called. Sometimes it works,(saw it in one game this past weekend),sometimes it doesn't, (last night). In this case,while the blitz didn't make contact with Romo sits to pee,it did flush him to one side and regulated him with one option to throw to. DHall messed up on that play imo. Lost track of his guy. A guy who wasn't 100% as well. I'm not a fan of Haslett by any stretch,but this time I can see why he made the gamble.

Your memory is somewhat working correct. The play worked once before due to Josh Wilson making a heck of a play. Otherwise, the all out blitz didn't really do what it needed to do. We went to the well too many times and it was a terrible call in that situation. Putting three guys in coverage on 3rd and 21 is stupid.

I would have to agree here. If it hadn't been for Wilson and I think on another similar long third, Otogwe made a play as well. The game was pretty much on the line and instead of prevent, he could have simply rushed six and had five in coverage. No problem with showing it and then backing off. I do think though throwing the kitchen sink at that OL and it not working is not really Hasletts fault. The players should have got there immediately for the sack.

All in all though in this game Hall ran his mouth more than his legs.

I think D. Hall is still to blame despite the horrible call. They showed an overhead shot this morning and it looked to me that DHall tried be aggressive and jump the hot read, instead of giving it up (5 yds or so). Once he made his move and since Romo sits to pee already had beaten the blitz, easy pitch and catch.

I think if Hall stays back, Romo sits to pee throws it to Bryant for about 10 (bringing up 4th & 11).

Horrible coverage by Hall. I'll have to see the play again, but he was slow getting to the ball and/or getting between the ball and Bryant. Horrible.

It's hard to blame Hall when the whole rest of the team was blitzing. You don't even call that play in Madden.

[/color]

Romo sits to pee certainly took several shots all game long.

Your not counting the first quarter right? Because he wasn't hit ONCE in the first quarter. He was sacked a whopping once. . . and his center snapped it past him four times, he completed one of them and recovered all the others with broken ribs and no wide recievers. We didn't hit him enough.

And that's what is expected on a play like that. Players making good plays. We've all watched enough football in our day to know that this isn't the first time a blitz like that has been called. Sometimes it works,(saw it in one game this past weekend),sometimes it doesn't, (last night). In this case,while the blitz didn't make contact with Romo sits to pee,it did flush him to one side and regulated him with one option to throw to. DHall messed up on that play imo. Lost track of his guy. A guy who wasn't 100% as well. I'm not a fan of Haslett by any stretch,but this time I can see why he made the gamble.

You put DeAngelo Hall in coverage 1v1 with no over the top help. DHall is a gamble corner. It's not a smart call. I don't care how you slice it. Know your personnel. That's on Haslett. Completely.

6 FGs. Not blaming the D. Sorry.

I get this thought. I am tempted to feel this way too. To an extent that is fair. But, they in traditional skins fashion, let the big back breaking play up at the critical moment. 3rd and 21 was certainly one of them. They also played incredible inside the redzone and they can get kudos for that etc. But they gave up huge runs to a team that cannot run against anyone else because they overpursued and dallas saw them and beat them. Our defense is going to see cutbacks like that the rest of the season. They better get that fixed or steven jackson will have a field day against us. Hall is officially a liability in coverage at this point as well.

We played good defense. We just couldn't get the job done when we most needed it. Championship defense's get that done.

Your not counting the first quarter right? Because he wasn't hit ONCE in the first quarter. He was sacked a whopping once. . . and his center snapped it past him four times, he completed one of them and recovered all the others with broken ribs and no wide recievers. We didn't hit him enough.

Sacks are the only time a QB is hit?

I thought for sure they would back some of them out like they did earlier int he game. It was surprising but I can't bash Haslett for that. It was aggressive. Execution sucked. You send 8 against 5 you gotta get there and if you don't you gotta smack the ball down or at least tackle the dude before he gets 21 yards. Its a safer play than a lot of people think.

You put DeAngelo Hall in coverage 1v1 with no over the top help. DHall is a gamble corner. It's not a smart call. I don't care how you slice it. Know your personnel. That's on Haslett. Completely.

Thank you. Thank you. Since when is Hall Deion Sanders. He is mediocre in 1-on-1 coverage, especially against physical receivers. So, I know, let's put him 1-on-1 against Dez Bryant. Terrible...

I don't care if it was an all-out blitz, you should still be within 5 feet of a guy in man coverage. Not only was Dez Bryant wide open, he was wide open enough to get another 8-10 yards of YAC. I'll allow the difficulty of blanketing a guy for that long, but you gotta at least be in a position to get him to the ground immediately. And it being about a 25 or so yard throw, you have an extra beat to get there.

It was a bad call by Haslett. Doesn't change the fact he's been a good D-Cordinator for us that called a very nice game up till that point. The call was horrible and should've never happened, but one play doesn't erase the whole rest of the year for Haslett thus far.

It was a bad call by Haslett. Doesn't change the fact he's been a good D-Cordinator for us that called a very nice game up till that point. The call was horrible and should've never happened, but one play doesn't erase the whole rest of the year for Haslett thus far.

2nd call. He did the same thing last year against Houston. 3rd and twenty-something. All out blitz. They through it to the best back in league Arian Foster and he gets 60.

Archived