Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and 21.. clearly the play of the game.. Fault Haslett?

shakinaiken

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not sure that I agree that it was that bad a call. Week OL, bad receivers, the idea is to get the QB to get rid of the ball quickly and then make a sure tackle.

Romo sits to pee made that play be sneaking out the back side and buying enough time. THAT shouldn't happen against an all out blitz.

This is not the reason we lost the game. The reason that we lost the game is because the 'Skins have yet to figure out how to score TDs when they are presented with the opportunity to do so.

good play IMO, i like the pressure, itd worked all night, hall just got torched by a good receiver and Romo sits to pee made a good throw.

again, if we dont miss that field goal, nobody cares about this play. our offense is why we lost.

yep, i agree... Romo sits to pee on his heels, throws a prayer, and bryant happens to make a play.. sometimes, nothing you can do. But i feel that we're in the minority that believes haslett actually made a decent playcall

+1

I had just told my wife that "all my life, for the past 40 years, I have seen the ****ing Crackgirls convert these 3rd-and-99 against us too many times! It's just the way it is. And if they hadn't, the refs would usually throw a bull**** flag and give them a first down anyway. It's just the way it is against Mexico's Team, and it's the way it will always be!

Be real son...We had those refs in our back pocket for once tonight but our O let us down.

yep, i agree... Romo sits to pee on his heels, throws a prayer, and bryant happens to make a play.. sometimes, nothing you can do. But i feel that we're in the minority that believes haslett actually made a decent playcall

It just doesnt make any sense why you would send the house, at least keep a few players back to help out on their oversized receivers.

It was a very bad call however, the game was lost in the first half after the Romo sits to pee fumble we had three shots first and goal from inside the ten and was not able to make a touchdown. Couple that with the blocked field goal in the second quarter. The defense played well for about 95% of the game and I cannot fully blame the loss on them

I agree it's the biggest play of the game, but how many times did the offense fail to deliver? Seems like the Skins had chance after chance and could not get the job done.

This guy speaks the truth. The boys didn't get in the endzone, but somehow we're going to put this on Haslett? Please.

our defense held the cowboys without a touchdown all night in their home stadium, they made multiple great plays, we dropped at least 1 pick, and haslett knew when to dial up the pressure.

this game was not on defense whatsoever, it was about 90% on the offense.

The D was great but there is absolutely NO REASON to call an all out blitz in that situation. It's 3rd and 21 and you have them pinned deep in their territory. Give up something soft underneath, let some clock run, and get the ball back for your offense. Worst case, they go 3 and out and you have to stop them again on a short field with less time. Best case, the offense gets a first down and ices the game. It's not like they were in FG range and we had to knock them out or needed a takeaway or something. Just a bad bad call. Poor situational awareness by our Defensive Coordinator.

our defense held the cowboys without a touchdown all night in their home stadium, they made multiple great plays, we dropped at least 1 pick, and haslett knew when to dial up the pressure.

You are 100% correct. People seem to want to blame the defense for some reason. The defense did great. The offense let us down.

thank god somebody gets it

Refs? What calls did you disagree with?
closeups during the game of tackles arms wrapped around our guys, and no call. Blatant offsides ignored. yes ware got a good jump on at least one play, and the pukes should have gotten called on others. snowjob tonight.

And the most obvious non-grounding call I can recall in the NFL. wide pan, nobody let alone a puke WR anywhere in the vicinity. Felt the refs were tanking the game for the pukes from that point on.

I'm not blaming the defense. I'm not even saying Haslett called a bad game overall. But that one playcall was ATROCIOUS and cost us the game. Period.

I never believe one play costs a whole game. The Redskin's offense cost us the game by being ineffective and not scoring TD's. I was hoping they would come back in the second half with some adjustments, but it was the same old same old.

if it pans out and they swarm Romo sits to pee like a pack of wild dogs...than it's a brilliant play. As it is, it didn't work out.

Too many field goals, and not capitalizing on the Cowboys mistakes are why they lost the game.

Edit: and to be blunt, I think Kyle's play calling was just not good tonight. We did not seem to game plan for the Cowboys weaknesses in the secondary, and they strayed to far from the run game.

Smart poster here. Watch out though...DHall haters will be out to get you.
'

Well, I guess they can hate me. It was an unfortunate call and play, but it's not like DHall was the only player who didn't execute the game plan tonight. If the offense would have done their job and scored TD's instead of FG's, that final play would have been moot. It was a team loss, but I blame the offense most of all. They just did not do a good job and it's a shame because the Cowboys looked very out of sync and ripe for a beat down.

Forgetting what worked the last two weeks, doomed the offense to yet another under 20 point performance that you need on the road to win. Bubble screens and the lack of a seam buster like Fred Davis was critical to this loss. Also what happened to Hightower? Does his tank only allow for the first half ?

Blitzing was the right move, showing all-out blitz was the right move, but actually all-out blitzing was ill-advised. That said, it wasn't the worst call imaginable and you have to put a fair amount of blame on the players for what amounted to a really weak pass rush and a receiver who could have been better defended.

THIS! I said the same thing. For a blitz that bright that many people it really didn't seem to get there.

Bryant had time to run his route and then freelance as the play broke down. You can't ask a CB to guard a WR with an entire field to work with for extended amounts of time.

I give credit to the Dallas O line which i believe slide protection right as Romo sits to pee bought some time by scrambling to his right. I still can't figure out how that many people don't blow up the play immediately as opposed to what happened.

'

Well, I guess they can hate me. It was an unfortunate call and play, but it's not like DHall was the only player who didn't execute the game plan tonight. If the offense would have done their job and scored TD's instead of FG's, that final play would have been moot. It was a team loss, but I blame the offense most of all. They just did not do a good job and it's a shame because the Cowboys looked very out of sync and ripe for a beat down.

I agree with you 100%. I stuck up for for DHall and was told I "don't act my age," etc. It was a team loss. However, the funboys didn't get in the endzone. Putting the blame on a defensive player (or the defensive unit in whole) is lame.

I give credit to the Dallas O line which i believe slide protection right as Romo sits to pee bought some time by scrambling to his right. I still can't figure out how that many people don't blow up the play immediately as opposed to what happened.

We had pitiful push up the middle on passing downs all night long and were still vulnerable to the draw. Carriker and Bowen made some nice plays but the defensive line as a unit just didn't have the kind of impact they should have against the Cowboys' mess of an interior OL.

Archived