Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and 21.. clearly the play of the game.. Fault Haslett?

shakinaiken

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Forgetting what worked the last two weeks, doomed the offense to yet another under 20 point performance that you need on the road to win. Bubble screens and the lack of a seam buster like Fred Davis was critical to this loss. Also what happened to Hightower? Does his tank only allow for the first half ?

I don't know about that, Hightower looked good on a couple receptions and when in blocking. I do know that after getting some good runs and getting into the endzone, we immediately abandoned the run almost completely. I'm not sure why, and it's my biggest gripe with the game tonight.

We had pitiful push up the middle on passing downs all night long and were still vulnerable to the draw. Carriker and Bowen made some nice plays but the defensive line as a unit just didn't have the kind of impact they should have against the Cowboys' mess of an interior OL.

Yet, no touchdowns by the boys. I would of liked a little more pressure as well but the defense wasn't the problem.

Smart poster here. Watch out though...DHall haters will be out to get you.

haha, D Hall deserves the hate. Through the first 3 games he has easily been the worst guy out there on defense.Say what you want about Doughty in the first game. Doughty is our 3rd safety, while D Hall is supposed to be a #1 corner but is playing nothing like it.

Yet, no touchdowns by the boys. I would of liked a little more pressure as well but the defense wasn't the problem.

There's no question that the offense should have won this game for us or, at the very least, could have taken steps not to lose it. 6 scoring drives is nothing to be proud of, though, especially with the Cowboys in such a visible and astonishing state of disarray. Our defense certainly does deserve some criticism.

haha, D Hall deserves the hate. Through the first 3 games he has easily been the worst guy out there on defense.Say what you want about Doughty in the first game. Doughty is our 3rd safety, while D Hall is supposed to be a #1 corner but is playing nothing like it.

haha. The boys didn't get in the endzone. If our offense was decent there'd be ZERO talk about the defense. The fact that people have to blame the defense, or DHall, after this loss speaks volumes about the offense.

haha. The boys didn't get in the endzone. If our offense was decent there'd be ZERO talk about the defense. The fact that people have to blame the defense, or DHall, after this loss speaks volumes about the offense.

I'm talking about general hate for D Hall, I agree that the defense played great and has played great all season. The offense was clearly the let down tonight, but D Hall is overrated and the apologists need to realize that.

There's no question that the offense should have won this game for us or, at the very least, could have taken steps not to lose it. 6 scoring drives is nothing to be proud of, though, especially with the Cowboys in such a visible and astonishing state of disarray. Our defense certainly does deserve some criticism.

You're right. I just think keeping them out the endzone speaks volumes. The thing about the 6 scoring drives is we had another field goal blocked, again. I think the defense played well enough to win.

I'm talking about general hate for D Hall, I agree that the defense played great and has played great all season. The offense was clearly the let down tonight, but D Hall is overrated and the apologists need to realize that.

That may be the case. I'm not a DHall apologist whatsoever. I just have a hard time blaming him for the loss tonight. We have a serious redzone problem.

Be real son...We had those refs in our back pocket for once tonight but our O let us down.

I wouldn't say "we had those refs in our back pocket," but I agree that TONIGHT they were pretty fair. They got the fumble call right. But they also missed a TON of offsides against the Girls D.

I DO agree that the offense needs to get their asses in gear, or this team WILL be a 6-10 team!

Stupid play call by Haslett, very freaking stupid play.

:helmet:

this play will always live in infamy. I have no problem with Halls' rant (even though the timing was wrong). Haslett called a terrible game and that call magnified it. An all out blitz on a 3rd and 21, with no backside help for the receivers was very stupid and it contributed to our huge loss. Our blitz schemes are starting to get easier to detect coming. Another awful call by Haslett was having London blitz running right by Felix, who then caught the ball for a big gain. I like the aggressive calls but Haslett has become predictable.

:helmet:

They didnt play the kill blitz like its supposed to be ran, he wouldve never had time to throw the deep ball If everybody kept pursuing him. D Hall didnt play the man coverage like he's supposed to smh. Play of the game but totally not Haslett's fault. Good call just bad execution.

it was definitely haslett's fault on that play and not D-Hall.....that call reminded me of the Texans game last year when we were in complete control and haslett dialed up an all out blitz on 3rd and 15..screen pass to arian foster...the rest is history.

Dude, the play had been working all game and wouldve worked again if Kerrigan had not backed out on the blitz and D Hall was playing the lock corner he's supposed to be

Dude, the play had been working all game and wouldve worked again if Kerrigan had not backed out on the blitz and D Hall was playing the lock corner he's supposed to be

the risk is not worth it at that stage....the cowboys had a bunch of receivers who had no clue out there...they have one phyiscal freak and we let him beat us.

The worst thing is that he did it like three times in a row and durning does plays Romo sits to pee showed the abilitie to escape it and make the throw. If we just play solid coverage with two middel to deep safety´s then it´s pretty hard to get the ball 21 yards down the field.

....but Romo sits to pee and Dez are playmakers, great play by them.

Since when became Hall a lock down corner? Think that he is more a playmaking corner, not lockdown.

Josh Wilson showed some good stuff by the way...like the way he used his hands (against pretty bad WR's).

"I told the ref after that call, that might have been his worst call of the game," Hall said during an expletive-filled rant. "He's going to get demerit points for that call. Because that wasn't no facemask."

I'm Dutch but that wasN'T NO facemask...wtf? so there was a facemask? Dubbel denial?

I like the call, just not the execution.

The blitz was working, and it was a four down situation for the Cowboys.

Romo sits to pee and Bryant made a play, the front seven and D Hall did not.

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 04:05 AM ----------

"I told the ref after that call, that might have been his worst call of the game," Hall said during an expletive-filled rant. "He's going to get demerit points for that call. Because that wasn't no facemask."

I do not think Hall's rant is helping anybody, but he is right about that call. Between that and the phantom holding call on an earlier drive (one that I have yet to see a video of), I am a bit mad at the zebras myself.

Yeah this call was one of the major reasons. It was similar to the all out blitzes that failed when a former blitz everyone Defensive coordinator (the other G is for Genius) was here.

But I blame papa Shanny for letting Shanny jr forget about running the damn ball the most.

Archived