Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and 21.. clearly the play of the game.. Fault Haslett?

shakinaiken

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We aren't blaming the defense. Why do you keep saying that? We are saying Haslett made a terrible, foolish, horrendous decision. The defense was fantastic all night. He put them in a vulnerable situation for no reason.

Fine--he had one bad call. Kyle had bad call after bad call all game. Why are you blaming Haslett for one decision when it was Kyle's crappy playcalling that made this game even remotely close to begin with???

The game unraveled about mid-way through the 4th quarter after the penalty on the Moss catch they were at the Dallas 43. They ran right for 1 yard, took a sack (which should've been a fumble) and then threw the ball again. Dallas was coming hard on both plays and a screen would've served them well. Instead, deep drops with either all or nothing.

I think you can send 7 and leave a safety back to at help. It's not like you have to either blitz everyone or play prevent...There are other options.

um, the offense scored 16 points, couldnt capitalize in the red zone, missed a field goal, and looked like **** most of the night.

one play on defense might have been the back breaker, but the offense is why we lost, not one bad defensive play.

Exactly. The defense more than held up their end of the bargain. The offensive--the QB, the playcalling and Kyle Shanahan lost us this game.

The Refs??? You mean the same refs that called Alan Ball for hitting a defenseless receiver? Or maybe the same refs that were looking the other way when Williams tackled Demarcus Ware? Or maybe when the same refs decided that the hit on Robinson by Landry was not hitting a defensekess receiver? Or maybe the ticky tac holding call against Bennet?

It was a poor call, but Dallas was likely in 2 down territory anyway. So, they may have ended up with a 4th and 10 or so if they had played a prevent D. I guess that's better than a conversion, but hell, at least Has attacked and tried to win the game. It's easy to second guess now, but the whole night we played conservatively and paid for it. We let this one get away.

Fine--he had one bad call. Kyle had bad call after bad call all game. Why are you blaming Haslett for one decision when it was Kyle's crappy playcalling that made this game even remotely close to begin with???

Because at that point in the game, we cannot change Kyle's certianly terrible playcalling. And regardless, we had the win almost wrapped up. Because we were 2 minuted away from victory regardless of earlier screwups that we couldn't change, and he completely whiffed on a moronic call. A game is never solely on one person but he cost us a chance to ice it.

um, the offense scored 16 points, couldnt capitalize in the red zone, missed a field goal, and looked like **** most of the night.

one play on defense might have been the back breaker, but the offense is why we lost, not one bad defensive play.

but the question is, do you fault the play call by haslett, or just chalk it up to a great play but dez

The team is 2-1 and might use this loss to bounce back.

Exactly, the season is still young, there is no way in hell anybody thought we would go undefeated this year. If it makes you happy, the reality is Dallas could be 2-3 by week 6, why? because they will lose to Detroit next week, than they have a bye and than go to New England = another lost.

Truth. The defense is not blame.

Exactly. The defense more than held up their end of the bargain. The offensive--the QB, the playcalling and Kyle Shanahan lost us this game.

At around the 4 minutes or so I thought that the offense could salt this game away, but K. Shanahan did not choose to go that way. It was stupid for them not milk the clock. However, when there's one defining play in the game that's not made, it's going to magnified and scrutinized heavily.

Me too. I knew that was going to happen. The vibe I was getting before that play was just like the typical Redskins/Cowboys against all odds plays, like Testaverde throwing that bomb to win a game we thought we had, or Brunell converting those 4th and longs for those Santana TD bombs. I just knew we weren't going to hang on a one point lead and having 3rd and 21 was just too good to be true.

+1

I had just told my wife that "all my life, for the past 40 years, I have seen the ****ing Crackgirls convert these 3rd-and-99 against us too many times! It's just the way it is. And if they hadn't, the refs would usually throw a bull**** flag and give them a first down anyway. It's just the way it is against Mexico's Team, and it's the way it will always be!

I agree it's the biggest play of the game, but how many times did the offense fail to deliver? Seems like the Skins had chance after chance and could not get the job done.

Yes agreed, It's still a work in progress and thats the only reason I'm not exploding with anger. We are still a year or 2 at the most out from being a really good team. So that keeps me in check. I predicted we be 8-8 maybe 9-7 and thats what we look like right now. A good team would of capitalized on those mistakes our team still makes, but were still better than last year.

but the question is, do you fault the play call by haslett, or just chalk it up to a great play but dez

good play IMO, i like the pressure, itd worked all night, hall just got torched by a good receiver and Romo sits to pee made a good throw.

again, if we dont miss that field goal, nobody cares about this play. our offense is why we lost.

At around the 4 minutes or so I thought that the offense could salt this game away, but K. Shanahan didn't want to that way. It was stupid for them not milk the clock. However, when there's one defining play in the game that's not made, it's going to magnified and scrutinized heavily.

Completely agree. You have the lead and time on your side and yet completely forget about the run. Even a couple of screens on that drive and you pick up a couple of first downs and time runs out.

why does there need to be "blame" here?... i'm sure most of even the most-optimistic skins fans had this as a loss before the season began... we showed that we can play with anybody in the league in their house...

what i liked about the third down blitz? we tried to win the game, not tried to NOT lose the game, which has been our trademark for many, many years...

in years past, our second to last drive would have been two one-yard runs and a check down for 3 yards and we punt the ball and give them tremendous field position... instead, kyle went for the win and came out firing and we moved the ball by throwing it...

in years past, we play prevent on the last drive and Romo sits to pee picks us apart and they move down the field for the winning score anyway... this time, we saw a chance and tried to make a play to win...

hindsight is 20/20 here... if kyle had three runs and out we would be blaming him for conservative play calling... if, on that 3 and 21, we rushed 3 and dropped everyone else, and Romo sits to pee had 15 seconds to scramble around and convert the first-down, we would be blaming haslett for not bringing pressure and acting chicken...

i, myself, like the new us of trying to make plays to win the game... didn't work out this time, but it will more times than not in the future... sure, it sucks to lose to the scum, but i think we grew a lot in this game tonight...

Archived