Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

Really.....The Redskins ST coverage unit is solid. Of course there are issues that need to be addressed but I do believe he is regarded as one of the best ST coaches around. Tired of people on this board constantly calling for coaches, players, etc. to go. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Until we get a new teams coach, I dont think it really matters who we bring in to do the kicking.. Thank god punting doesnt require the ball be held in one spot before it's kicked, or Im positive Rocca would also look like chump change by now.. The guys on the line must do their jobs, but at some point the "technique/scheme" has to be called into question, no? I've never kicked a field goal, but I have to think if your wondering if a 300 pounder is gonna possibly break your leg every other attempt, it could mess with your psyche'..

Really.....The Redskins ST coverage unit is solid. Of course there are issues that need to be addressed but I do believe he is regarded as one of the best ST coaches around. Tired of people on this board constantly calling for coaches, players, etc. to go. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Did you watch the game? They were awful today. Gave up not one but two long returns today.

Using the aboce logic, or lack of to be more precise,

1. Grossman and Beck have thrown picks, so lets get rid of them both.

2. Helu hesitates at times before making his cut, so lets cut him too.

3. HTH and Torain are either hurt or inconsistant, so guerss what; cut em.

4. The o-line has missed blocking assignments, so chop chop.

5. Moss, Gaffney, Davis, Cooley, Armstrong, and every other receiver has dropped easy passes, axe em all.

6. The entire defense should be cut because they gave up a TD or FG, missed a tackle, caused a personal foul, so off they go.

7. Since the kicker missed the FG, why not say toodles to the entire ST units!

The coaches are not on the field, they coach players, but they have NO direct control over the actions of a player on the field; players make mistakes all the time. If they didn't, every single game would end in a 0-0 or 77-77 game; make sense? No it doesn't, just as blaming a coach for the actions of a single player.

It wasn't the damn NFCC game and they choked, the season was all but over 2 weeks ago, but the team is heading in the right direction. Yes, I don't like some of the players AND a few coaches, but I don't own the team, and thank god I don't.

Go find your Ritalin and Jack Daniels and just wait and see what happens during the off-season, and see what improves; if you need any other reasons, look no further than Philly; a bought team who sold their NFL souls for this season, and look where they're at now; looking directly across from us, and WE'RE the team re-building.

BTW; Never fry bacon when you're naked; I felt this needed to be told because some should heed the words...

The Bears - Raiders game was on where I live, and as I watched Gould and Janakowski taking turns making long field goals, it rubbed salt in the wound of the loss to Dallas last week. Two missed field goals, and either one would have been the difference. They were not chip shots, but a decent NFL kicker should make at least 1 of 2. In fact, they flashed a statistic that 67% of 50+ yard field goals that have been attempted this year have been good. It's not bad enough that we can never settle on a QB - we can never find the answer for place kicker either. And yes sometimes it's the supporting cast that contributes to a failed field goal as well. But imagine how many more games we would have won in recent years if we could get this one thing right on a consistent basis, and not throw away 3 points here and 3 points there. Is it asking too much of this franchise to produce a competent kicking unit that is an asset and finishes games, instead of throwing games and seasons away?

It is less disturbing when you realize that two of those were blocks that were not on Gano in any shape or form. I agree that in the NFL that those should be automatic, but sometimes you need to look beyond the numbers and get to the why...

You are right about that. Just watched 2 blocks today. Guess he needs to be quicker. We already know that Oline needs help.

Right. And he missed a 49 yarder earlier in the game. Oh, and he also urinated in a Gatorade tub on the sidelines. True story, really.

LOL, At first I thought he was having a wadrobe malfunction, but soon realized he was sabotaging his own teammates. I was thinking he shoulda kept it in, so it would balance his stance more, and we saw the reason why.

BTW, Norv has that "I can't believe its not butter" expression on his face after having a glass...

It's always amazed me how kickers are the lowest picked, lowest paid most ignored players but when the game comes down to it the made/missed FG or Xpoint is the most crucial play of the game.

And the pundits laughed when the Raiders picked Janikowski so high a few years ago. Would the Raiders have won with Gano yesterday?

Using the aboce logic, or lack of to be more precise,

1. Grossman and Beck have thrown picks, so lets get rid of them both.

I have no patience with kickers.

This is what I demand of a kicker:

Make 80 percent of your kicks overall.

Make 90 to 95 percent of your kicks inside of 40 yards.

Never miss an extra point.

Kick a lot of touchbacks (New this year).

I will give a kicker 10 to 12 games to get some data on them. If they aren't hitting all these goals, I would find a new one.

4 out of 5 kickers in the league meet these goals. Ours does not. It drives me insane.

I'm madder at Danny Smith at this point. I can see a team getting at "Maximum" 2 blocked FG/XP in "one" season. We've had 5 (4 FGs and 1 XP). In excusable no matter how bad the line or kicker is. The problem is Smith. I know Gano has missed some kicks, but blocks (unless it's a low trajectory) are on the line and that is coaching. Not only did the guy block a FG, but the same guy blocked the XP. I'm on a FIRE SMITH campaign. I can't stand the guy out of all our coaches.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 09:12 AM ----------

Novak hit a 53 yarder today

He also missed a 53 yarder in OT. So what?

I have no patience with kickers.

This is what I demand of a kicker:

Make 80 percent of your kicks overall.

Make 90 to 95 percent of your kicks inside of 40 yards.

Never miss an extra point.

Kick a lot of touchbacks (New this year).

I will give a kicker 10 to 12 games to get some data on them. If they aren't hitting all these goals' date=' I would find a new one.

4 out of 5 kickers in the league meet these goals. Ours does not. It drives me insane.[/quote']

I'm the same way, except probably even less patient. It blows my mind that so many people, including coaches, are perfectly willing to wait out years of bad kicking while hoping for improvement. There were good kickers available in the offseason but for some reasonwe stuck with G-dub. I don't get it.

Right now we have a bad kicker, and a line that is inept on special teams. It's a hideous combination.

I'm madder at Danny Smith at this point. I can see a team getting at "Maximum" 2 blocked FG/XP in "one" season. We've had 5 (4 FGs and 1 XP). In excusable no matter how bad the line or kicker is. The problem is Smith. I know Gano has missed some kicks, but blocks (unless it's a low trajectory) are on the line and that is coaching. Not only did the guy block a FG, but the same guy blocked the XP. I'm on a FIRE SMITH campaign. I can't stand the guy out of all our coaches.

Welcome to the light.

Danny Smith is flat out awful.

Just awful.

yet again this year,, if you find one positive from our special teams .. you can negate it with five bad plays.

Kickoffs out of bounds,, inexcusable.

BLOCKED kicks... five in one year,, you should not have five kicks blocked in TEN years.

Again the worst field goal kicker in the league, and this after it looked like he turned the corner.

As I've said for the last 3 years: Danny Smith must go.

He is a drag on the entire football team. His teams are awful. AWFUL. Penalties, sloppy play, unbelievable numbers of missed kicks for whatever reason every single year. Double digit missed field goals AGAIN.

And I'm sure I'll hear more excuses for Why Danny Smith Should Not Be Blamed Because..

and to you I say, just shut it. Just take whatever excuse you've formulated, hold your nose tight and blow it through your ears, because it will not be acceptable.

There is no defense left that even Mrs. Danny Smith can argue for him.

Fire Danny Smith. The second the season is over. Shanahan should take off his headset when the final whistle of 2011 blows, and then immediately turn to Smith and fire him.

Then he should go shake the opposing coach's hand.

~Bang

Archived