Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

So we cut our kicker in his 3rd year and sign who? Until we fine a better Kicker Gano stays. People it's bigger than Gano. Just think who was the last money kicker we had here? It also didn't help that Rex made one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen a football player make in my life. Instead of throwing the ball away he takes a 1 yrd sack and takes the FG attempt way outside to the right side of the field. WTMF? Maybe If we just lined up the FG like most good teams would do in that situation Gano hits it. SMFH trust me peeps it's bigger than Gano

This may shock you' date=' but I don't generally track and follow the free agent kicker market.

However, this is who I would sign: Someone who makes 80 percent of their kicks.

There seem to be a lot of those ****ers.[/quote'] Yeah, but what happened to the dude MS brought in this season? He was all so good until he put our uniform on. Trust me kicking issues are further than Gano. I think Gano can be the next Sebastain J. FSU kickers all have great legs

This may shock you' date=' but I don't generally track and follow the free agent kicker market.

However, this is who I would sign: Someone who makes 80 percent of their kicks.

There seem to be a lot of those ****ers.[/quote']

I don't know why every other team seems to be able to find a halfway decent kicker. Or why all these veteran, proven kickers are winding up on new teams but they never wind up here. Akers, Mare, Kasay, Rackers, all changed teams within the last 2 years. We somehow got stuck with Gano.

I don't know why every other team seems to be able to find a halfway decent kicker. Or why all these veteran, proven kickers are winding up on new teams but they never wind up here. Akers, Mare, Kasay, Rackers, all changed teams within the last 2 years. We somehow got stuck with Gano.

This is what I don't understand. Why isn't Akers here? Why isn't Rackers here? How did we end up with Suisham and Gano?

I would rather overpay a kicker by 25 percent and never have to worry about it again. How do we end up with Gaffney and Stallworth...but not a ****ing kicker?

It's maddening.

A whopping 4 of which came on blocks. His % sucks with those 4 blocks (which count as misses), but his % is pretty decent without them.

His % sucked last year too. Better to pick up a proven vet in FA than keep a guy who needs the stats to be skewed to be considered "pretty decent." Kicker isn't a position that I feel bad about us turning to FA for.

His % sucked last year too. Better to pick up a proven vet in FA than keep a guy who needs the stats to be skewed to be considered "pretty decent." Kicker isn't a position that I feel bad about us turning to FA for.

I agree with you #98QBkiller, he still sucks. Even if he had a good line.

---------- Post added November-27th-2011 at 06:51 PM ----------

Suck called to say change the thread title.

It's embarrassed and insulted by the usage.

Hail.

It is what, it is buddy..

The KO was all Gano, no doubt;

but when people start calling for Smith's head because the bafoons on the line are twiddling their thumbs as DTs walk past them to block the kick, well, to borrow a line from another poster, " thank god you're not the GM".

Also, ya might wanna check the stats on the industrial-sized bulldozer who blocked them; the guy HAS blocked other kicks, its what he does...

The KO was all Gano, no doubt;

but when people start calling for Smith's head because the bafoons on the line are twiddling their thumbs as DTs walk past them to block the kick, well, to borrow a line from another poster, " thank god you're not the GM".

Also, ya might wanna check the stats on the industrial-sized bulldozer who blocked them; the guy HAS blocked other kicks, its what he does...

The guy who only has 3 or 4 other blocks on the rest of the NFL? Against our special teams giving up 2 this game alone?

Yes our DTs, our blocks in the back, no blocking for a returner we know is good..... what is a Special Teams coach good for, if he's not responsible for that crap this season?

Would it be so wrong if we used our 6th, or even 7th rounder on the bka come April?

Never understood why folk are SO against drafting kickers or punters. In this game of inches, where field position is KING, a good punter is invaluable. And with so many games these day's decided by a FG or two, a consistently good kicker is right up there in importance with most anything else on your team.

Hail.

Yeah, but what happened to the dude MS brought in this season? He was all so good until he put our uniform on. Trust me kicking issues are further than Gano. I think Gano can be the next Sebastain J. FSU kickers all have great legs

He kicks for the dolphins. Shayne Grahamn. He missed a kick in the thanksgiving game against Dallas, before that he had the longest active streak of consecutive makes.

Never understood why folk are SO against drafting kickers or punters. In this game of inches, where field position is KING, a good punter is invaluable. And with so many games these day's decided by a FG or two, a consistently good kicker is right up there in importance with most anything else on your team.

Hail.

Um...

Drafted Durant Brooks a couple of years ago....How'd that work out?

Hail.

No doubt a young consistent kicker would do wonders for our game, especially since td's aren't easy for the skins to come by.

Don't we have two 6th rounders as of now? Couldn't be too much worse than what Gano brings.

Special teams today were awful across the board. They can't block to get off a kick. They kick out of bounds. Banks looks like he is lost. Rather than running north south he runs east west and out of bounds. Has anyone not taught him that the sidelines is like an extra defender. Blocking the gunner on punts was awful. I think the had either two or three punts inside the ten yard line. On kick offs we are giving up the thirty plus yard line and we can't get to the 20 on most kickoffs. And this has not just started, it has been happening for a while. Danny Smith does not execute the plays but he is the coach and they are not getting it done. The buck stops with him. The time has come for him to go.

Archived