Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

Missing field goals is the reason the Redskins are 0-2 against the Cowboys instead of 2-0. The minor detail of having a reliable kicker (and holder) makes all the difference for a team that is usually mediocre at best and tends to play a lot of close games. It isn't bad enough that we never have an answer at QB? Can't we at least find a kicker we could rely on? Gano could have validated the entire team's effort and given the fans something to smile about at least for a week. This is just like every other game against the Cowboys and countless others over the years, and it's why we expect to lose these games. Get rid of him. The next guy probably won't be any better but at least it will show the team cares about losing.

Gano isnt that bad. He has a very strong leg.

And his kickoffs have been very beneficial for oue special teams coverage.

No, he's just mediocre. It's nice to know people seem to be satisfied with mediocrity. When a GOOD team has a problem they fix it, even kickers.

I wanted to pick up a kicker in the last offseason and everybody was like "give Gano a chance omg!" Well whenever you get tired of losing games because of stupid field goals, maybe it will sink in. How many lost games does it take?! Especially rivalry games like this. This ****ed up my weekend!

Gano isnt that bad. He has a very strong leg.

And his kickoffs have been very beneficial for oue special teams coverage.

What's the use of a strong leg if it's all over the place not being able to make field goals? I'd rather, at any day, have a kicker who can only kick field goals consistently within 45 yards. Who cares about his strong leg? At least you'd know what you have unlike this unreliable leg of his.

He just sucks. All along. I don't understand the people who says keep him cuz he has a strong leg. This isn't the "longest kick made once in a while" competition.

Gano must go. Zebras can't change their stripes.

I'm almost wondering if the Skins are actually tanking and giving away games to place better in the draft. This is just ridiculous. I was confident that they would find a way to lose. It's almost like they want to show that they are fighting, doing their best, but are still purposely losing in the end. It doesn't seem like a ridiculous idea seeing it week in and week out now.

I share alot of the sentiments here of others..if Gano was on a winning team he would have been cut by now and if not he would have been today...he's mediocre at best and it's a 50/50 chance he makes it or doesn't on normal FG's but those percentages go way down if the game is on the line like today's was....

I thought we got rid of 50/50 yrs ago in Rod Gardner.....

Be honest with yourself..when Gano comes in are you 100% sure he's going to make it, even 90%, shoot even 70% sure it will be good?

LOL..I was too...my Daughter said we just tied Dad? and I said not just yet.....LOL

LOL. I felt the same too. It's never easy when it comes to the Skins. He came through from 59 against the 49ers in a game they really weren't in at all. He needs to be more clutch than this. I will say though that they should have gotten more yards which would have given them a shorter FG and maybe a better chance for a make.

LOL. I felt the same too. It's never easy when it comes to the Skins. He came through from 59 against the 49ers in a game they really weren't in at all. He should have been more clutch than this. I will say though that they should have gotten closer for a better chance for make.

that is his issue (or what I have with him) last season I was at the GB game and he kicked the game winning FG in OT, then like you stated he hits the 59yd against the 9ers...but gosh darn if the game is on the line he seems to miss way more then make....to inconsistent imho to count on

Look, I understand the rationale of keeping Gano around. Let him cut his teeth, get some experience, blah blah blah. The fact is that he is thoroughly mediocre, and for as many clutch kicks as he has made, he has missed just as many. This team hasn't had a real kicker since the early 90s with Chip Lohmiller, and even he bottomed out quickly. Since then it's been one headache after another, and I'm sick of losing games because of crappy kicking. Gano should be cut. He had two chances at winning the game today, and he blew both of them.

We need to stick with Gano. He's taking his lumps right now but he's young. And people don't realize it, but kickers do take a few years to develop and settle in. Look around the league. There really isn't an abundance of great kickers. I think Gano will be just fine.

We need to stick with Gano. He's taking his lumps right now but he's young. And people don't realize it, but kickers do take a few years to develop and settle in. Look around the league. There really isn't an abundance of great kickers. I think Gano will be just fine.

I hope you're right, and I know what you're saying, but for the second straight year we have the worst FG unit in the league.

Gano misses two and Nick Novak is kicking straight down the middle on a 49 yarder for San Diego. And Suisham will be in the playoffs with the Steelers. Go figure. Gano misses alot of crucial kicks but he looks great when they don't matter.

x2...i told my wife last week he may be the leagues best kicker of meaningless FG's.

You guys are unreal. Kicker at this point is the least of our worries. A couple of weeks ago when he hit the 59 yarder, everyone in here was ready to crown him the next Morten Anderson. Now, he misses a 52 yarder (not a 32 yarder mind you) and now the guy is a piece of ****. Only on ES, only on ES.

Archived