Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

He simply isn't an NFL kicker. He doesn't have the mentality. He might have a big leg but he can't make a kick when the game is close, so a big leg means nothing. It's all mental with him which is a bad sign. Like someone said, he misses kick after kick that matters, and makes all of them once the game is out of hand. No good

What is this his second year? He does miss a lot, but to our advantage, him kicking all those touchbacks is helping us have the best kickoff coverage unit in the league. He missed a couple long ones today, so again, if you get rid of him, you better find someone better. I feel we should hold on to him and continue to let him develop. We're already rebuilding, he's bought another year here in my eye...

He simply isn't an NFL kicker. He doesn't have the mentality. He might have a big leg but he can't make a kick when the game is close, so a big leg means nothing. It's all mental with him which is a bad sign. Like someone said, he misses kick after kick that matters, and makes all of them once the game is out of hand. No good

He's made 4 game winners in the less than two seasons he has been here. He missed two long field goals today, it isn't the end of the world.

He's made 4 game winners in the less than two seasons he has been here. He missed two long field goals today, it isn't the end of the world.

This is what I'm thinking. Neither of those field goals where chip shot. Honestly, the offense could have done a better job getting him closer.

I think the fail in on the part of the offense to stall and make him kick very long field goals. He did make one that was 59 yards the other week. But having to kick and make 50some yard field goals week after week is not possible for everyone.

Agreed. They had 1st down from like the 35 and couldn't gain anything on three downs and didn't even line it up for him. Sad thing is everyone in my section thought it was good and then they just held their heads.

If I'm not mistaken Gano lead the league in missed kicks last year and now has a comfortable lead in that department this year.

This is not 1985 when NFL kickers made 70% of their kicks. Nowadays, most NFL kickers make a very high percentage. Yet the Skins are one of the only teams in the league that perennially lose games because of the field goal kicker. No sense cutting him now but bye-bye in the offseason Graham Gano.

Archived