Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

So how long will it be until people stop saying anti-Gano threads are knee-jerk? The guy has been garbage for over a year now. There's nothing knee-jerk about it. He is not a good kicker.
So how long will it be until people stop saying anti-Suisham threads are knee-jerk? The guy has been garbage for over a year now. There's nothing knee-jerk about it. He is not a good kicker.

Don't know if cutting Gano is the answer, all I can say is, when our field goal unit steps on the field I can hardly watch. I don't care if it's extra points or FG attempts. Every other team I watch, it seems a foregone conclusion that at least the ball will get in the air..

So he sucks for missing a 39 yarder that didnt matter the week before, and he sucks because making a 34 yard game winner the next week because everyone else does it too?

What are you talking about?

He sucks because he misses more field goals than any other kicker in the league!

I don't get the defense of Graham Gano. I really don't. Is it because he has a cool name?

Don't know if cutting Gano is the answer, all I can say is, when our field goal unit steps on the field I can hardly watch. I don't care if it's extra points or FG attempts. Every other team I watch, it seems a foregone conclusion that at least the ball will get in the air..

Agree, I had to leave the room yesterday. Damn you Gano! :cuss: If the skins would pay for my stomach ulcer treatments I would call it even.

Kickers who have missed kicks under 40 yards this year-

ADAM VINITIERI

Rob Bironas

Dan Bailey (a 21 yarder)

Rian Lindell

Dan Carpenter

Jay Feeley

They should all be cut instantly.

And replaced with...uh...mmmmm...well it doesn't matter, we'll worry about that later. Cut them all, throw Gano into the cut mix as well, and replace them with each other.

What are you talking about?

He sucks because he misses more field goals than any other kicker in the league!

I don't get the defense of Graham Gano. I really don't. Is it because he has a cool name?

The guy just kicked a game winning FG and there are people who still want to bash him. Those of us defending him are simply pointing out that he's 1- not as bad as those of you bashing him claim he is. and 2- completely miss the point about why we should keep him.

As opposed to making about your perceived notion of his abilities?

How about the THREE (most in the NFL) game winning kicks he made last year?

We were not a good team last year. Our biggest margin of victory was 6 points. We needed a good kicker as much as anyone in the league. Unfortunately we had Graham Gano.

We lost to Houston, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, and New York by 3 points or less. Graham Gano missed in each of those games.

If he didn't miss 2 kicks earlier in the game, he wouldn't have even needed to hit a "game winner" against Tennessee.

WHAT? Why in the world are all these dumb threads being started about Gano, Williams, and anyone else that doesn't do exactly like you want them to do? Who died and made you the expert? These threads are just plain dumb and ignorant of any kind of rhyme or reason. If you don't like the team as it is there are 31 other teams to pick from that you can go on to their teams message boards and complain about how a players suck. You all act like we are 0-2 and not 2-0. I guess the "Chicken Little Syndrom" is in full effect.

I love how you guys keep making this about one kicker.

It's about two kickers - Gano, and whomever you want to replace him with.

So...who exactly should the Skins bring in after cutting Gano today?

Akers. People are still angsty because we cut him years ago. Hey if we are going to be knee jerk, lets go all the way!!!!!

I love how you guys keep making this about one kicker.

It's about two kickers - Gano, and whomever you want to replace him with.

So...who exactly should the Skins bring in after cutting Gano today?

Anyone? Absolutely anyone?

Graham Gano was the WORST kicker in the league last year. Currently he doesn't look any better. How hard could it be to find an improvement?

It's not the answer.

We can cut every kicker we ever bring in here.

So long as we still have Danny Smith why bother.

Our special teams are more of a problem than just the kicker.

~Bang

Graham Gano was the WORST kicker in the league last year. Currently he doesn't look any better. How hard could it be to find an improvement?

I don't know, you tell me.

You don't seem to have an actual suggestion. As far as I know, there isn't a placekicker named "anyone" who is an available free agent.

You can't come up with a better suggestion because there ISN'T one. You don't cut your kicker - who just made a game-winner for you - out of spite. Unless you have no interest in winning football games.

Please suggest an actual human who would be a better kicker. If you can't, you and your ilk should really shut your traps on this.

Im so glad we have actual fooball people in charge.

Your line of thinking is very Snyderatto like.

Archived