Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

... playing Madden because you clearly ... real life football ...

While I may have not yet stated my unequivocal stance on this subject, I did imply it earlier. I appreciate the sentiment you're attempting to make in support of Gano and of a philosophical adage of patience, I however find this particular diatribe to be rather trite.

I may not agree with premise of this specific thread, but that doesn't lead me to conclude that fans outside the temple are incapable of making clear and/or rational decisions. I know one thing for certain, even those who get paid to do this stuff for a living can screw it up royally, just as easily. I guess what I'm saying is, the whole madden cliche is just so played.

My goodness, can we let a kicker develop before he gets run out of town. Okay, he kicked the ball out of bounds, he tried to angle a kick, (That I am sure Danny Smith's dumb butt told him try and do) and it didn't work. He get's no blame for the block kick.

But he did make the game-winning FG today. I don't hear anybody whining and moaning about that.

Let the players develop, stop crying because they aren't performing as well as they should be. He will get their eventually, just be patient.

While I may have not yet stated my unequivocal stance on this subject, I did imply it earlier. I appreciate the sentiment you're attempting to make in support of Gano and of a philosophical adage of patience, I however find this particular diatribe to be rather trite.

I may not agree with premise of this specific thread, but that doesn't lead me to conclude that fans outside the temple are incapable of making clear and/or rational decisions. I know one thing for certain, even those who get paid to do this stuff for a living can screw it up royally, just as easily. I guess what I'm saying is, the whole madden cliche is just so played.

Well said Monk4thaHall. While we make disagree with your stance, we don't try to cut you down or your football intelligence.

All you guys that want to cut Gano should stick to playing Madden because you clearly know absolutely nothing about real life football. It's the equivalence of saying cut Rex Grossman after he threw those 2 int's, but in the end he got the job done (just like Gano).

But keep making these dumb threads about cutting players who made key plays in our victories. John Kasay kicked the ball out of bounds in the super bowl in practically the worst situation possible, but he was and is an excellent kicker. **** happens, get over it. he's winning more games than he's losing.

Your comparison between Grossman and Gano is ridiculous, as well as even bringing Kasay into the argument. First off, both Grossman and Kasay have had longer careers where they have established themselves in one way or another. It's tougher for Grossman to go out and face defenses play after play, especially in many of the situations he was in today. A kicker's job is to kick, that's it. Gano has been nothing but inconsistent since he's been here. Do we cut him? No. But only because I see no better option at this point.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 08:54 PM ----------

My goodness, can we let a kicker develop before he gets run out of town. Okay, he kicked the ball out of bounds, he tried to angle a kick, (That I am sure Danny Smith's dumb butt told him try and do) and it didn't work. He get's no blame for the block kick.

But he did make the game-winning FG today. I don't hear anybody whining and moaning about that.

Let the players develop, stop crying because they aren't performing as well as they should be. He will get their eventually, just be patient.

How the **** do we "develop" a kicker? What is it with you people and "developing our own" so we can be like the Pats and Steelers. You can either kick the ball between the uprights or you cant. That's it. Plus, isn't this his THIRD season? How many years of patience do we need before we should finally move on from a kicker? We're not talking about developing a QB or players in a newly installed 3-4 defense. We're talking about finding someone who can consistently kick 25-35 yard ****ing field goals like every other kicker in the league. Yes, we're talking 25-35 yard field goals. I can understand if he's missing 50 yarders, no kicker can gaurantee that. But we're talking missed 35 yarders, extra points, kicks out of bounds in crucial times, and more. You, and many others are taking this "lets develop our own players" stuff wayyyyyy too far.

The kicker made 3 kicks today including a game winner, and people want to cut him? Also as other posters have pointed out, his outstanding kickoff averages and avg field position for the other team are on his resume as well. That's why I said you should play madden because you can release him off your team any time you want. Also, i'm pretty sure most NFL kickers with any respectable amount of kickoffs have kicked the ball out of bounds their fair share of times. They already tried to replace him once this season and that didn't work out.

If anyone knows of a better kicker that can replace Gano RIGHT NOW, then I suggest calling Bruce Allen and letting him know.

I'm sorry, but if you are in "the temple" that wants to cut Gano right now, then there is clearly something wrong with your football logic, or you have something personal against him. If he would've missed the game winner today, then you would have a point. But "ifs" in the NFL are worthless. There is too fine of a line between winning and losing.

The kicker made 3 kicks today including a game winner, and people want to cut him? Also as other posters have pointed out, his outstanding kickoff averages and avg field position for the other team are on his resume as well. That's why I said you should play madden because you can release him off your team any time you want. Also, i'm pretty sure most NFL kickers with any respectable amount of kickoffs have kicked the ball out of bounds their fair share of times. They already tried to replace him once this season and that didn't work out.

If anyone knows of a better kicker that can replace Gano RIGHT NOW, then I suggest calling Bruce Allen and letting him know.

I'm sorry, but if you are in "the temple" that wants to cut Gano right now, then there is clearly something wrong with your football logic, or you have something personal against him. If he would've missed the game winner today, then you would have a point. But "ifs" in the NFL are worthless. There is too fine of a line between winning and losing.

I wanted Akers in the offseason. There's nothing wrong with getting an older, consistent, veteran player when it comes to the kicker position. Am I in the cut Gano now camp? Hell no. There is simply no one better out there (most likely).

I wanted Akers in the offseason. There's nothing wrong with getting an older, consistent, veteran player when it comes to the kicker position. Am I in the cut Gano now camp? Hell no. There is simply no one better out there (most likely).

I agree, the offseason would've been a fine time for a change if they were so inclined to make one.

All you guys that want to cut Gano should stick to playing Madden because you clearly know absolutely nothing about real life football. It's the equivalence of saying cut Rex Grossman after he threw those 2 int's, but in the end he got the job done (just like Gano).

But keep making these dumb threads about cutting players who made key plays in our victories. John Kasay kicked the ball out of bounds in the super bowl in practically the worst situation possible, but he was and is an excellent kicker. **** happens, get over it. he's winning more games than he's losing

Thats just it, Kasey is an excellent kicker Gano isn't

Gano was up and down.

Kicking OOB is bad, but making a gamewinner offsets it nicely.

I thought he kicked it low on the block. No real elevation right away for such a short FG. He kicked it like he was trying to hit a 45+.

either way, the 6'8" giant was through the line and probably would have blocked it anyway, but..

All in all, he gets a positive today for hitting the gamewinner, plus two others. They were solid, right down gthe middle, just like a chip shot is supposed to be.

~Bang

OK yes he MISSED a FG against the Giants. even the most stellar kickers miss one

Wrong. He missed several kicks last year, a THIRTY-SOMETHING YARDER against a division rival, and arguably kicked one too low again today, also from thirty-something yards. No, even the most stellar kickers DO NOT miss those kicks.

To anyone, I offended in this thread, i apologize. I just re-read a couple of responses i made and i don't like the tone. Chalk it up to post-game feelings. If you feel Gano's poor career accuracy should get him cut soon or eventually, that's fine. I just hope he doesn't cost us a game.

Wrong. He missed several kicks last year, a THIRTY-SOMETHING YARDER against a division rival, and arguably kicked one too low again today, also from thirty-something yards. No, even the most stellar kickers DO NOT miss those kicks.

Adam Vinatieri, on field goals between 30-39 yards, over the last 9 years:

63 out of 76.

The last 4 years:

23 out of 28.

Just this year:

2 out of 3.

So, yes, even the most stellar kickers DO miss those kicks.

Missing kicks is not the issue. It's consistently missing them that matters.

To anyone, I offended in this thread, i apologize. I just re-read a couple of responses i made and i don't like the tone. Chalk it up to post-game feelings. If you feel Gano's poor career accuracy should get him cut soon or eventually, that's fine. I just hope he doesn't cost us a game.

It's all good dude...we all get worked with this kind of stuff. No offense taken. HTTR brother!

I was PM-ing back & forth with a long time member of this board some time ago, and I inquired why I didn't see him post much on here anymore. His response was that the amount of knee-jerk idiocy, particularly from newer posters, made this board unrecognizeable from how he one knew it - particularly on game day.

This thread could be exhibit A in defense of his position.

Ever since this place became the "official" message board, it's become over run with these idiots. No one puts and thought in to their posts, it's quite sad actually.

Archived