Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

You Tell'em StephenB...I'm glad somebody understands me...good job StephenB..Good point..

He's not clutch. He made a FG that was a chip shot that he certainly should make. What about kicking the ball out of bounds to open up the 2nd half? That wasn't clutch.

Clutch is not doing what you're supposed to do (making a chip shot), in the case of a kicker, it's consistently making FGs within a decent range and not consistently kicking the ball out of bounds on KOs. Gano doesn't exhibit either.

I'm just wondering who Shanny will bring in for a tryout this week?

The bad = kicked the ball OOB giving them at 40 yd line

The Danny Smith Special Teams = blocked FG... come on man......... Not Gano's fault. ST has generally been horribad outside of Banks.

Gano was actually 3/3 in the FGs he had to kick in this game besides the block. But they were all less than 35 yds so that's not exactly one you should be getting heart palpitations over which I am.

I shall reserve judgment on him for now, but he doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

Epic Fail.

How many overtime games has he won for us?

He's clutch.

/thread That's all that needs to be said.

He's a young kicker and we'll have to live with his growing pains.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 04:52 PM ----------

He's not clutch. He made a FG that was a chip shot that he certainly should make. What about kicking the ball out of bounds to open up the 2nd half? That wasn't clutch.

Rex threw 2 INT's. That had a much more significant impact in the game. Let's kick him to the curb as well.

DHall didn't play exceptionally well today, let's get rid of that guy too.

/thread That's all that needs to be said.

He's a young kicker and we'll have to live with his growing pains.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 04:52 PM ----------

Rex threw 2 INT's. That had a much more significant impact in the game. Let's kick him to the curb as well.

DHall didn't play exceptionally well today, let's get rid of that guy too.

You're missing the point. Rex and DHall have been overall consistent players for us, despite being sometimes shaky. Gano has only been consistent in being inconsistent.

The point is get rid of what's not working. it's insane, literally, to continue year after year with the same crap that isn't working.

And I'm talking more specifically about the coach. As for the kicker, missed more than anyone last year, misses gimmes, kicks out of bounds (he did it last year too, and was lucky a couple of dumbass returners fielded kicks at the sideline)

You can't simply cut your losses at kicker like that. Good kickers are not a readily available commodity in the NFL and most of the guys out there once the season begins come with their fair share of problems/limitations. Shanahan did the right thing by bringing in a proven commodity to compete in the offseason but the proven commodity was clearly the inferior kicker, so we're stuck with Gano until he proves to be even less reliable than he has been thus far.

Archived