Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gano Just Plain Sucks....

cheech

Gano is now 10 for 10 since the block in Seattle. Average is up to 75% (w/o 4 blocks he's sitting at 84% - not adding them to made just taking away from attempted). Always have liked him, think he is a solid kicker and will be for a while. Really strong leg and still made the 44 yarder yesterday AFTER Pierre-Paul got a hand on it shows that

Gano is now 10 for 10 since the block in Seattle. Average is up to 75% (w/o 4 blocks he's sitting at 84% - not adding them to made just taking away from attempted). Always have liked him, think he is a solid kicker and will be for a while. Really strong leg and still made the 44 yarder yesterday AFTER Pierre-Paul got a hand on it shows that

Yeah, I'd like to stick with him unless someone great comes along.

There's no reason to let him go, it seems it takes a little for some kickers to get into a groove (hence how Nick Novak and Shaun Suisham are starting right now, not sure if they are any good however). Obviously David Akers probably been mentioned in this thread. Gano has got the leg we've missed and his accuracy has improved overall.

And, I believe another poster looked into it and figured that almost all of the misses that were not the result of blocks were 45+ yarders.

Gano is usually the scape goat for a lot of my sunday afternoon wrath, but the dude has been playing well. However, whenever it's crunch time, he seems to **** up, whether that's an ugly FG attempt or a kick out of bounds at critical moments in critical games. I also am a little concerned with the fact that he seems to improve his stats toward the end of the season, when we are out of contention. I would like to see how Gano could handle consistently kicking in crunch time when the games actually matter. The jury is still out on whether Gano is an NFL caliber clutch kicker, IMO

Might as well stick with the kid and see what he can do. He's solid, not spectactular but with a better ST coach, he could be great!

I am watching the kid from Denver Practer, the rookie Bailey, and of course Mr. consistent Janikowski kick these 50 yard kicks with ease. In big game situations Gano typically blows these kicks. The games are not big right now so there is no pressure on Gano but when the season meant something Gano was inconsistent to say the least.

I am watching the kid from Denver Practer, the rookie Bailey, and of course Mr. consistent Janikowski kick these 50 yard kicks with ease. In big game situations Gano typically blows these kicks. The games are not big right now so there is no pressure on Gano but when the season meant something Gano was inconsistent to say the least.

I'm not buying the "no pressure" on the kicks Gano has been making. When you've had as many misses and blocks as Gano every attempt may be your last.

The 52 and 47 yd kicks he made were Big pressure kicks. I am impressed with his year with the exception of the blocked kicks

I don't remember all of the blocks but two came from guys no one bothered to block and Shanahan said as much in his presser. There isn't much a kicker can do if an interior lineman blocks the wrong guy.

Gano doesn't seem to struggle with pressure kicks so much as he does general consistency and you're flat out wrong about him having a tendency to blow 50+ yard kicks. His problem area is from the 30-45 yards out, where he should be at or above 80% but is actually closer to 66%. He's been about as good from 50+ as can reasonably expected, he's tied with Dan Bailey from that range and is only one miss behind matching Janikowski and Prater.

i think i heard that since the blocked field goals in seattle, gano has been 13-13 on field goals...if thats true, thats pretty cool! i like him and think he could be a very great kicker for our team

He's 14/14 since the block.

Gano could be one of those players who we give up on too early if we let him go. I could see him becoming a great kicker in the league and his trouble with pressure kicks could just be growing pains. I would hate to let him walk and get picked up by another team only to see him be rock steady for them for 10 years.

Gano doesn't seem to struggle with pressure kicks so much as he does general consistency and you're flat out wrong about him having a tendency to blow 50+ yard kicks. His problem area is from the 30-45 yards out, where he should be at or above 80% but is actually closer to 66%. He's been about as good from 50+ as can reasonably expected, he's tied with Dan Bailey from that range and is only one miss behind matching Janikowski and Prater.

He's 14/14 since the block.

14/14, pretty good :)

You know, in the past, oh nearly a decade now, we've had lots of different kickers, and they've all been crap. The one constant is Danny Smith. I'd like to see him get replaced since replacing the kicker hasn't been successful so far.

He's been good minus the blocks and the kicking out of bounds, which isn't all his fault. If a coach knows he's not good at that, he shouldn't have him do it in key moments. Dumb play call.

Archived