Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Local Severe Thunderstorm Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I guess we're one of the lucky ones. We didn't lose power in Lake Ridge, just had to deal with some fallen branches. Our big issue is that the phones are out, land line and cell phone. We tried to take our two year old daughter to the community pools this morning only to find they're shut down because no one can make a call to 9-1-1 is necessary.

:ols:

I suppose I could have looked a little more closely. Thanks!

Lol that's what I'm here for. I'm hoping the ones today are no where near what we went through last night. Especially because we have a wedding to go to today in Potomac, which happens to be outside...

Still no power. It's going on 12 hours now. Novec is saying that they are "hopeful" it'll be restored sometime today but if so, probably not until 11PM. ****ing great. This happened a couple of years ago, except it was in the winter during one of those blizzards. I think it was two-and-a-half days without heat. This is worse.
Debating, if worse comes to worse, whether to get a hotel room or just sleep in the car. Really don't like staying in other people's houses and I really don't want to spend money on a hotel. Ugh. This sucks much much worse than when we didn't have power for half a week during winter.

Dude, I feel for you. My power was out for just a few hours last night, and it was hell. I was praying to get power back before the sun rose, and thankfully I did.

Completely agree about heat being worse than cold, by the way. If it's cold in your house, you can always just put on another layer of clothing, or start a fire if you've got a fireplace, or, hell, light a bunch of candles in a small room. If it's really hot and humid, there's nothing you can do.

Yeah I'm basically at the point now where I start looking for a hotel room. My house is a damn oven. If I can't find a room I'm just going to try and make sure I end up cooked medium rare because there is no way in hell I'm dying overcooked. :silly:

Dude, I feel for you. My power was out for just a few hours last night, and it was hell. I was praying to get power back before the sun rose, and thankfully I did.

Completely agree about heat being worse than cold, by the way. If it's cold in your house, you can always just put on another layer of clothing, or start a fire if you've got a fireplace, or, hell, light a bunch of candles in a small room. If it's really hot and humid, there's nothing you can do.

Why everyone loves summer weather when they aren't at the beach I'll never get. It sucks. 100 degrees and humid? No thanks. I'll take 40 degrees any day. I put on a sweater and I'm fine.

I keep telling all my friends to come visit me now. It's much cooler here in the Caribbean. :ols:

:ols: seriously, its true. I was in the USVI exactly one year ago this week and we were staying in a house overlooking magens bay (up on hull bay road). The trade winds there made it very cool and breezy. It's more miserable in NoVA than it is in the Caribbean during the summer

Archived