Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Local Severe Thunderstorm Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I'm fairly certain I'm actually dead right now. I miss winter.

QFT. I can't wait for a good blizzard! Take it any day over 100F feels like 115 sweating after walking 10 feet. Give me a jacket and warm pants and I'm good.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 04:19 PM ----------

Newark, NJ: All-time record high of 108 degrees. Breaks old all-time record of 105 degrees set on August 9, 2001.

New York, NY: Central Park topped out at 104 degrees. New record high for the date. Second hottest temperature on record. Hottest temperature since 1977.

Dulles International Airport, VA (IAD): Daily record high of 101 degrees. Old record high for July 22 was 98 degrees set in 1998.

Baltimore, MD: Daily record high of 103 degrees. All-time record high is 107 degrees set on July 10, 1936.

Trenton, NJ: Daily record high of 104 degrees.

Philadelphia, PA: Daily record high of 101 degrees.

Atlantic City, NJ: Daily record high of 104 degrees. Old record high for July 22 was 98 degrees set in 1998. Tied for 2nd hottest day on record. Max heat index of 120 degrees. Hottest temperature recorded since 1969.

Boston, MA: Tied for 3rd highest temperature on record at 102 degrees.

• 10 months later...

It really aggrevates me that every time the local stations issue a T-Storm warning, they always add in "damaging winds" and "hail" with their report. Not all T-Storms have damaging winds and hail. Seems like they just say it so if it happens, they can say that they were right and if it doesn't they're no worse for wear.

We're having them in Charlotte as I type this and I heard a little thunder, saw zero lightning and no "winds or hail" to speak of. Just a nice spring soaking.

Archived