Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Comprehend the "Sputnik Moment"

Boss_Hogg

And yet here she is... again. Out in a position where her words can carry weight.

It's pretty obvious that people really don't give a crap that she's stupid, and she clearly is. It's VERY obvious that the GOP still just loves her, or they wouldn't waste valuable airtime on her anymore. (Seriously, how can the editors at Fox sit and listen to her? She's doing the exact opposite of what your boss wants, folks!)

If she's not academically stupid, she's stupid just for the sake of it.

What an airhead. "Spudnut" moments.

Clue, ditz. It's not 1955 anymore.

Mom n Pop bakeries don't get countries back on their feet. Innovation and technological advancement DOES.

Even if she didn't know what Sputnik was, you would think her handlers would explain to her that the "Sputnik Moment" IS NOT about what happened to Russia,, it's about what happened to US as a result of Sputnik's sudden arrival. (Or departure,, as it was.) And it was a GOOD THING.

It caused a GIGANTIC LEAP FORWARD in American technology. It gave us the impetus to create the technological edge that we still enjoy.

And, for the record, somone ought to tell this bimbo that the Soviets were bankrupted by a huge unsustainable military that was caught in an arms race it couldn't afford.

NOT Sputnik.

What a dumbass ignorant moron. I am just tired of being polite about it. The number of people who will just listen to this stupid broad and take her moronic views of history as reality is what is truly scary.

I at least note that her defenders in this forum are not even bothering anymore. Kudos.

~Bang

The problem isn't that she has no idea what Sputnik was (she apparently does). The problem is that: (1) she has no clue why Obama referred to Sputnik; and (2) she appears to think the Soviets spent so much money during the 1950s to beat us in the space race that they went bankrupt 40 years later.

But that's one of the Great Republican Myths.

Haven't you heard? Ronald Reagan singlehandedly caused the collapse of the USSR, by spending so much money on Star Wars weapons that didn't work that the Soviet leaders were forced to admit that they couldn't afford to spend billions of dollars on weapons that don't work, and therefore the only thing they could do was to allow Poland and Germany to become independent states.

Oh, yeah, things like Lech Walesa forming the first labor union in the Worker's Paradise, and the appointment of a Polish Pope, may have contributed a little. But it was Reagan throwing dump trucks full of money at defense contractors, (which did not in any way contribute to the deficit, that was Congress' fault), that did them in.

I find it odd that Fox keeps referring to her as "Governor" Palin. Didn't she just step down to do TV shows? Who else calls her "Governor"?

Anyone who held an office always keeps it's title.

Even Nixon is referred to as President Nixon, even though he resigned.

~Bang

What a dumbass ignorant moron. I am just tired of being polite about it. The number of people who will just listen to this stupid broad and take her moronic views of history as reality is what is truly scary.

~Bang

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/371413/january-18-2011/mika-brzezinski-experiences-palin-fatigue

---------- Post added January-27th-2011 at 06:56 PM ----------

Oh and LOL at Greta Van Susteren's face after Palin answered that question.

Damn. That was a brilliant ploy by Colbert. "I know you THINK she's a blah blah blah... And I know you think she's a blah blah blah... I see it in your eyes." Free license to say whatever over the top thing you want to say.

Oh, and I think it is time for this:

pqdQY-4nxlI

Palin could have become the Vice President of the United states.

She would have been one McCain heart attack away from becoming the leader of the Free World.

That's downright scary

That is a scary thought, but I'm talking about for 2012. Now that I think of the date, do you think the Mayans foresaw Palin winning the election? Oh ****.

Anyone who held an office always keeps it's title.

Even Nixon is referred to as President Nixon, even though he resigned.

~Bang

At least he was forced to resign though. Palin just quit out of nowhere and gave another one of her speeches that make no sense. You're right though, but I'm not sure she deserves the title.

In her defense, does this mean "dumb", or "less than 40 years old"?

I resent that! I'm 35 and I know what a Sputnik moment is, but that's probably because I'm a college educated elitist. Personally, I think it's funny that in almost every space movie on the moon or in Earth orbit, that little ball normally makes a cameo appearance. That's probably what she thinks is a Sputnik moment.

I resent that! I'm 35 and I know what a Sputnik moment is, but that's probably because I'm a college educated elitist. Personally, I think it's funny that in almost every space movie on the moon or in Earth orbit, that little ball normally makes a cameo appearance. That's probably what she thinks is a Sputnik moment.

And every time she says "WTF was that?"

Even funnier than Palin's "answer" was Greta's face as Palin tried to butter her up: a wall of stone.

Palin is the self-appointed torch bearer for the proudly ignorant. And the proudly ignorant, being proudly ignorant, are happy to have her as their celebrity spokesdumbass.

I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I felt my brain tying a noose to the top of my skull, and I knew I had to calm things down before it was too late.

I think that clip seems dumber to me than anything she said in the 2008 campaign.

Archived