Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Comprehend the "Sputnik Moment"

Boss_Hogg

I would like to point out, though, that this woman did graduate from college. And I don't think it was because of her political connections or whatever.

But y'all are right, she sure does act dumb.

Yeah, it only took her 4 different colleges to reach her degree in communications.

---------- Post added January-27th-2011 at 09:36 PM ----------

Her effect on ya'll...priceless

Ummmm no. Try again please.

---------- Post added January-27th-2011 at 09:43 PM ----------

Greta was clearly setting her up. Damn mainstream media ... there's obviously no clear definition of 'sputnik moment.' It was a loaded question.

Idiom Definitions for 'Sputnik moment'

A Sputnik moment is a point where people realise that they are threatened of challenged and have to redouble their efforts to catch up. It comes from the time when the Soviet Union launched the first satellite, the Sputnik 1, and beat the USA into space.

Category: Technology & science

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/sputnik+moment.html

Ummmm no. Try again please.

What else does she provide that I could not find in a dozen other politicians?

I knew she would drive ya'll bonkers from the start,though the response was even better than I anticipated.

I knew she would drive ya'll bonkers from the start,though the response was even better than I anticipated.

See this is really what is laughable, I mean the Right screamed and howled about the cult of Obama and yet right in their midst was Palin the 600 pound bag of hammers in the room and yet the Right NEVER, EVER, EVER calls out it's own for the 25% (and that's a lot of people BTW) who still worship the Wild Alaskan Dingbat. That's what is so funny, and no matter how much you want to deny it, no other politician on the Right would have ever survived the things that she's done or said and yet she has an ever present cult following.

In short if she was on the Left then the Right would be having a field day...instead you're playing damage control making this about us, instead of actually looking at her and laughing for the nitwit that she is.

Idiom Definitions for 'Sputnik moment'

A Sputnik moment is a point where people realise that they are threatened of challenged and have to redouble their efforts to catch up. It comes from the time when the Soviet Union launched the first satellite, the Sputnik 1, and beat the USA into space.

Category: Technology & science

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/sputnik+moment.html

Lol, he was joking.

On a sidenote, I read a book about the 50's a couple months back. It talked a lot about Sputnik and how absolutely panicked the American populace was over it. They'd stand outside at night and try to see if they could see it and freaking about what the commies were doing up there right above them.

Why does Fox keep putting her on?

To drive the left "bonkers"?

They're bonkers with laughter. I doubt very seriously that is what they're trying to convey.

Unless I'm mistaking that. Fox treats her like she should be relevant.. just to dig at the left?

~Bang

So is she trying to be clever and failing, re-visioning history or is just a clueless dumbass?

Well, in her defense, she DID point out the theory that Sputnik and the space program hampered the Soviet economy in the long run and failed to be stimulatory. Of course, this ignores the fact thtat the Sputnik momen\t refers to the American perspective and its affect on the american economy and society, not the Soviet one. But at least she knew what Sputnik was, so Im gonna with "purposefully revisionist".

IUm 90% sure she understands the concept that the Sputnik shock pretty much lit a fire under the U.S. arse and sparked a lot of governemnt investment into technology, which eventually helped propel the US economy and US technology..

However this goes against the conservative talking point that government spending cant be stimalotory.

So she actually rather cleverly danced around that fact by point out the government spending on could be catastrophic, and used the Soviets experience with their space program as the example.

She's not being a dumbass, she just knows that none of the people who like her have the IQ to realize the little trick she just pulled. There's difference between being a dumbass, and catering to dumbasses. In this case, Palin was doing the latter IMO.

I know everyone calls Palin dumb, she's not book educated, but she is wily. She knows how to manipulate idiots, which requires at the least that she be smarter than an idiot

Her effect on ya'll...priceless
Its too fun

Sarah Palin: MSNBC's Obsession With Her

"Take Sarah Palin, add guests, some hatred, and mix. No other topic can replace her ... that would require actual reporting." — John Ziegler, documentary filmmaker

From a high of 80 percent a little over two years ago, Palin's approval rating sits at just 38 percent. That pollsters routinely collect such data on a woman who doesn't hold office (unless you count being the star of a nonrenewed TLC reality show a perch) and isn’t running for anything other than her next private plane for an appearance speaks to the media’s dysfunctional obsession with her.

But if the attention Olbermann gave to the diminutive and perky hockey mom from Wasilla sounds excessive, think again. LexisNexis indicates that MSNBC's Chris Matthews has reported on her during a whopping 420 segments of his Hardball show since she burst onto the scene as McCain's running mate two months after Kristol's Countdown appearance.

Pew Research Center says that Palin was by far the No. 1 newsmaker in 2010 (President Obama excluded, since Pew lumped him in with all mentions of his administration). On a percentage basis, cable news stories about Palin were as prevalent as were stories about the next two newsmakers on the list combined: Sen. Harry Reid and defeated Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell (who at times filled a similar punching-bag role to Palin's on MSNBC). MSNBC led the charge with the most Palin coverage, followed by Fox News, then CNN, according to Pew.

"If MSNBC and CNN stopped talking about her so much, Fox would, too," one insider said. "Then she could behave like any other political analyst at Fox News and give her opinion about the issues."

Says another Fox insider: "Detractors are more obsessed with her than supporters are. And they can’t even explain why they hate her. Ask them about it, and they mumble something about her being stupid. But I'd hook her up to an intelligence test against Joe Biden any day."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sarah-palin-msnbcs-obsession-75184

Link could be its own thread....but theres to much Hate/Obsession already....You Betcha

That Sarah Palin, she's stupid like a FOX!

---------- Post added January-27th-2011 at 11:15 PM ----------

What do ya think....is she a mirror or a window?

Ya'll ain't gotta stop on my account,I need the laughs

You are seriously trying too hard, guy.

I wonder if the people using the "it's funny watching you guys get mad" defense actually think anyone is buying it. heh.

That moron is HUGE amongst the fresh tea party movement and was damn near a heart beat away from the nuclear football. I'm being nice but not stating the obvious about what that says about her suporters. But hey... just keep laughing at the effect she has on me. I'll keep pretending you can be smart AND support an idiot.

I really don't care much for the woman for many many reasons and share much of the sentiment in this thread about Ms. Palin

But this thread really reminds me of the two minutes of hate from Orwell's 1984

In George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, the Two Minutes' Hate is a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting The Party's enemies (notably Emmanuel Goldstein and his followers) and express their hatred for them and the principles of democracy.

Me??????????? lol

Yeah, twa it's all about the Left's obsession with her....so the two people singing the Gospel according to Sarah Palin were in reality two Leftists that were doing that to make the Right look bad. And Faux News is really owned by MSNBC and they trick Palin into going on and making a fool of her self. Actually, if you want the real secret, Palin is herself a Leftist who is subverting the GOP to make them look bad on the national stage.

I like ya, I really do, but for once call out the stupids on the Right.

Honestly, it's ok to laugh at a joke even if she is in your party.

Keep on saying this is about the Left's obsession with Sarah Palin and we'll keep posting videos of GOPers rewording Christian hymns replacing praise of the Almighty God for the Wild Alaskan Dingbat.

......and was damn near a heart beat away from the nuclear football.......
Given your expert opinion on Morons....you might want to look at the word you used....... WAS

Denotes past tense....as in "GEE you guys are so TENSE about an ex-governor and NON-VP private citizen"

But I Betcha you can't :ols:

Who keeps starting threads my friend? :)

btw I find the use of what appears a church for that vid detestable,but I'm old school

I really should leave ya'll to your fun,but I can't help myself either :ols:

added

Oh Lord,not Betcha

Denotes past tense....as in "GEE you guys are so TENSE about an ex-govenor and NON-VP private citizen"

No one is tense...we're laughing our socks off, and every time I see a "Sarah!" bumper sticker I laugh a little harder. Honestly, if think we're tense then you might consider whether or not you're reading to much into what's being said, and finding what you WANT to be there rather than what IS there.

BTW, I think it's funny that whenever the Wild Alaskan Dingbat does something stupid, her defenders try to say it's the Left's obsession with her. Remind me again, what network was she on? And who invited her to be on there? And to whom is that network geared to appease?

Oh that's right. Sorry fellas, but the Right is obsessed with her, otherwise they'd cut their ties with her and toss her out with last week's diapers, but they can't because WAY too many on the Right are totally infatuated with the lipsticked pitbull from Wasila.

But yeah...it's the Left...uh-huh.

---------- Post added January-28th-2011 at 12:28 AM ----------

Who keeps starting threads my friend? :)

Who keeps inviting her on Faux News for the hungry masses on the Right?

btw I find the use of what appears a church for that vid detestable,but I'm old school

Oh I totally agree, and the first time I saw the video I got mad 1) because it was at church and I knew that if it were in my church that I'd have to ask them to stop which would have caused a big fight I'm sure. 2) they took the Battle Hymn of the Republic which is about God and made it about Palin....IN CHURCH. The term idolatry comes into play here me thinks.

I really should leave ya'll to your fun,but I can't help myself either :ols:

Oh trust me, I'm having a ball, because every time she speaks the Right is busy lapping it up or trying to figure out some way to ignore the dark shadow she's casting over them. The rest of us just get to sit back and laugh and be thankful that she's in the other party. :ols:

Given your expert opinion on Morons....you might want to look at the word you used....... WAS

Denotes past tense....as in "GEE you guys are so TENSE about an ex-governor and NON-VP private citizen"

But I Betcha you can't :ols:

Would you like me to instead focus on the fact that she's CURRENTLY a regular on right wing news programs and tea party events? Perhaps I should focus on her FUTURE presidential bid in which she is not doubt to be amongst the favorites. You see despite the fact that you can't bring yourself to defend the dingbat you can't hide the fact that so so so so many of your fellow "conservatives" love her so dearly that she wields power within the party.

But let's focus on the positive. At least she's not as crazy or ridiculous as Bachman and she did have the decency to resign.

Archived