Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Comprehend the "Sputnik Moment"

Boss_Hogg

Huh

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2011/0126/Mr.-President-this-is-not-exactly-a-Sputnik-moment?cmpid=addthis_email&sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d41cae53d05a711%2C0

Mr. President, this is not exactly a 'Sputnik moment'

The State of the Union speech revealed again that Obama wants the US to learn from its big economic competitors. That's far different from the cold-war competition with the Soviet threat.

Huh

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2011/0126/Mr.-President-this-is-not-exactly-a-Sputnik-moment?cmpid=addthis_email&sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d41cae53d05a711%2C0

Mr. President, this is not exactly a 'Sputnik moment'

The State of the Union speech revealed again that Obama wants the US to learn from its big economic competitors. That's far different from the cold-war competition with the Soviet threat.

I agree that it was kind of a dopey thing for the President to say, but fortunately for him Sarah Palin is so anxious to grab headlines that her complete idiocy will overshadow Obama's fairly weak analogy for the rest of the news cycle.

I agree that it was kind of a dopey thing for the President to say, but fortunately for him Sarah Palin is so anxious to grab headlines that her complete idiocy will overshadow Obama's fairly weak analogy for the rest of the news cycle.

I feel the same way: the metaphors were "fast and loose" in Obama's speech. Yet next to Palin's "spudnut moment" or "peabrain moment" or whatever she was trying to say, Obama's address sounded like the St. Crispin's Day speech from Shakespeare's Henry V.

My favorite part of the interview is Greta's face after that answer. Totally priceless. I could see myself making that exact same face if I was doing the interview. Although there is no way I would be able to put up with talking to politicians on a daily basis; I don't respond well to people attempting to feed me bull****.

Anyway, this is a prime example of attempting to mold an answer to reemphasize your rhetoric (insane spending and debt) regardless of whether or not the question has anything to do with what you are trying to get across........and failing miserably. What worries me even moreso than the abject display of dumbassness, is the inability to answer a question honestly.

I don't think there is one thing about this woman that doesn't piss me off.

Says the guy who came running to the Sarah Palin thread with an attempt to change the subject.

:secret:You're right. It shows.

I was addressing the press cycle Henry mentioned ,not our circus performers

Her effect on ya'll...priceless

Give it up twa, you know very well that there is a large percentage of people out there that absolutely love her and want little more than for her to be President, so stop acting like this is about the people who understand that she's dumber than a bag of hammers.

BTW, I think she does it intentionally in order to lower the standard for intelligence in politics so the rest of the GOP candidates look brilliant in comparison. Ya'll should be thanking her for taking one for the team.

Archived