Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

I hope you mean the Clippers. I would hate for the Lakers to have either Beal or Wall. I don't think either guy is worth the contract. Wall is the closest...but even then...nope. Otherwise, I agree with your post. 

I'd like to know who you consider legit max level guys....

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

There is absolutely no point in watching the NBA for the foreseeable future. The second Durant joined a 73-win team, the competitive balance was destroyed. Who would want to watch a league where the winner is guaranteed for the next 5 years? Where the closest thing to competition was swept. Where the only hope is catastrophic injuries and/or a complete loss of interest. Now there are people actually defending this cousins move; that " it was the only offer he had!" What a load of bull****. You are telling me that there wasn't a single other team in the league that would have signed him. A contract given out to a top 3 center for less than what most 3rd string backups make per year. People will go to ridiculous lengths to cover their eyes. Dude chose a guaranteed title over actually trying.

Lets forget the complete butt fumble that Ernie has done here, and done well, because really it just doesn't matter. I'm not going to spend a single dollar more on the NBA until things change; which it won't because apparently success is only measured by rings given and not earned. 

I've found that NBA fans have generally low standards for what they find interesting as far as competition goes. The NBA is really more popular because of personalities and free agency, which it does better than any league and it's not even remotely close. The fact that it can be this successful despite the fact that 95% of the league is irrelevant is impressive.

All these clowns on Twitter being like "I want the Warriors to be good cause I get to see greatness!!!!!" ... whatever helps you sleep at night. I saw it and it was great...that was like three years ago. It's the same names, the same type of play and the same result now so not interested. Warriors aren't even fun villains like the Miami Heat were from 2010-2014, they are just annoying.

Edited by Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I legitimately have seen just about every game for the last 8 years. That includes my entire time in China watching through a VPN with league pass or Tencent QQ. I streamed the Nene-Bulls playoffs series from ****ing base camp at Mount Everest. I forced a bar in the damn Philippines to throw on the ****ty wizards over midget boxing.

You watched the Wizards from Mount Everest? Geez, that is die hard loyalty. If I were at Mount Everest I wouldn't give a **** about the Wizards.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Agreed.  The league isn't worth watching any more.  I'll probably still watch some games next season, but when true die-hard fans like you and I are considering walking away, it's a sign the league is in trouble.

In December, you will have a six paragraph post explaining how the Wizards will beat Boston in the ECF because Wall is light years ahead of Iriving, Porter is now an All-Star, and Hayward's contract is an albatross because he'll never be healthy again.

And I will quote this, and you will get mad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll keep watching, see what happens.

One time I had to record a Skins game and when I got home and turned it on, my friend called. I answered with, “I recorded the game. Don’t say anything.” and he goes, “Don’t bother. We got killed.” I got pissed at first but then when he told me the score (Patriots beat us 52-7), I realized he had done me a great service. It would have been a waste of time and an unnecessary source of frustration.

So, you want me to tell you what happens with the Wizards?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I still like basketball and want the local teams to do well.  I'll keep watching, see what happens.

That's my stance. Watch and see what happens, hope they do well, keep expectations very low. Hopefully have fun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Arenas is back ? Agent Zero was the man...need him back. 

You know, to get balance back. 

They are going to get a highly touted FA ? 

Wait... for real ??? Howard ? Leonard ? 

Oooohh... keep me posted on that news. 

Daggonit... you have to trade for Howard now...

Or Leonard...

48 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

You watched the Wizards from Mount Everest? Geez, that is die hard loyalty. If I were at Mount Everest I wouldn't give a **** about the Wizards.

To be fair, he was suffering from detoxia. The Oxygen deprivation was so severe he started high fiving and hugging a host of ethereal Ernie Grunfelds.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

One time I had to record a Skins game and when I got home and turned it on, my friend called. I answered with, “I recorded the game. Don’t say anything.” and he goes, “Don’t bother. We got killed.” I got pissed at first but then when he told me the score (Patriots beat us 52-7), I realized he had done me a great service. It would have been a waste of time and an unnecessary source of frustration.

I multitask, losing comes with the territory of competing.  I don't like watching recordings of loses, I make exceptions if it's close.  One way or another, I know what's going on because I still care, even if sometimes I think they dont.

34 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

That's my stance. Watch and see what happens, hope they do well, keep expectations very low. Hopefully have fun.

I'm fine letting my emotions fly with them, similar to redskins, but I keep it in context far better then I did when I was younger.  I don't throw stuff anymore, all that changes is the value of whatever I threw.

So potentially it’s:

Wall/Sato/Lawson?

Beal/Rivers/Meeks

Otto/Oubre/Brown

Morris/Green/Bryant

Howard/Ian/Smith

That is 15. Maybe another low level signing.

Ladies and Gentleman, your 2018-2019 Wizards. I am ready to lose to the Pacers/Bucks in the first round as the 5th seed.