Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

We're Dwights 6th team in 7 years and somehow people think he wants to prove people wrong?  LOL. 

Dude is what he is at this point.  Upgrade over Mahinmi but about the same as Gortat. 

This might be his last NBA stop before China. 

Hes better than Gortat when he wants to be. Problem is he doesnt really want to be. 

I bet he will finish better at the cup tho

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hes better than Gortat when he wants to be. Problem is he doesnt really want to be. 

I bet he will finish better at the cup tho

Dude has no drive/heart.  I'll be shocked if he finishes the year on the roster. 

51 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

If Bryant gets some decent minutes, I think he will be a pleasant surprise. He's a tough player with a bit of finish 

He's probably not going to play at all this year.  But I hope he sticks around for next season.  Hopefully Mahinmi and Dwight will be gone by then and we'll be playing Bryant and another young guy at the position.

17 minutes ago, Chachie said:

StillUnknown! I miss the Thumbwrestling thread. Good fights this weekend.

Totally justifiable reaction from the Warriors. The 3-time, defending NBA champions. Also totally justifiable for them to say this while taking a (admittedly smaller) gamble on Cousins. BUT- They are the NBA champs with no let-down in sight.

The Wizards are in a completely different situation. I'm not predicting anything grand but I think for this team at this time, they had to gamble and it's not costing them big money or long commitment. 

my combat brother. i've just about checked out on MMA, the talent pool is diluted beyond my ability to care. still try to catch the bigger fights though. may look out for saturdays card

• Like 2

Dwight Howard is the best big man John Wall has played with. 

I actually like the signing. Winning cures all and our starting lineup with Howard is pretty good. 

Wall

Beal

Porter

Morris

Howard

In the post-LeBron EC, that team can hang with anyone. 

Weakest link imo is Scott Brooks. Bad coach.

• Like 1

To me the question is how will Howard adjust.  He's never been on  a team before where to be good, the team didn't need him to score (many) points.

If he comes in with the attitude of, I'm going to play defense, rebound, and set picks, but otherwise stay out of the way on offense, this is a good move.

If he comes in with an attitude of, I'm still a star and deserve 10+ touches on post ups a game on offense, there's going to be issues.

Edited by PeterMP

I advocated for trading Marcin for D12 three years ago. Its a little late, but he can still jump, rebound, and defend the paint. Thats 3 things that we havent had pretty much ever. Sure he doesnt really set screens well. But Wall is the best point guard he's ever played with. Remember he went to LA with damaged goods- Steve Nash. Then went to Houston with the pre-facilitator shooting guard version of James Harden. Atlanta was tanking. And everyone on Charlotte was injured last year, and now they are tanking again. The weight taken off of Otto's shoulders to fight for rebounds and put on Howards canonballs cant be understated.

For 5 mil, this is an absolute steal. Actually, to get rid of Marcin for someone useful and/or traid-bait in Rivers, pick up a combo forward wizard killer, and a starting top tier 5 man that fills all of our deficiencies for like a bag of marbles and some collectable wheat pennies is mind-blowing. If only he could have put this effort into his game when he actually had money and cap space.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's a loafer.  He's going to set sissy ass screens and drag ass up the court and refuse to switch on pick and roll ball handlers.

But he's also going to block shots and pull down 10+ rebounds a game.  For 5.3 million this season, I'll take it.

You can live with him not switching on pick and roll ball handlers.  It probably makes the most sense from a basketball stand point.  He's not really a guy you want defending good perimeter players at this point in time of his career.

Against an elite team like Houston or GS, it'll hurt you (but so would him switching (him trying to guard Curry 30 feet from the rim would be a disaster)), but against most other teams, it'll be fine.

But if he's going to act like he should be getting 10+ touches a game on post ups, he's going to clog the paint and negatively impact the offense to the point that he might over all be a negative.

The likes of Wall and Beal are going to get tired of driving into a paint where their own 5 and the defensive 5 are already stationed in the paint and that's where you'll have issues.

It isn't hard to see where a Howard that doesn't set good picks, clogs the post, and has the defensive limitations that he has might be a net negative.

Edited by PeterMP