Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I’ve never been close to giving up on a team, not even with the Caps but I might have to turn in my fan card until Ernie is let go. It’s apparent this franchise doesn’t give a **** about winning and Ted doesn’t give a **** about them either. He’s more concerned about the Caps.

I just feel completely disrespected as a fan. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Quite likely, but that tweet kinda implies that Noel took significantly less money.  That’s prolly not the case.

You're probably right.  He wore out his welcome in both Philly and Dallas.  He probably only got min contract offers.  And if he hasn't beaten his drug problems yet, it's probably not going to happen.  At this point I'm grasping at straws trying to find a young big who isn't overpriced or injured.

This FA center market is unappealing.  Capela was the cream of the crop, by far, but we don't have the money to get him.

We should have signed Ed Davis.  Letting Brooklyn get him for sub MLE money was dumb.

43 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Quick look on draft express and he's a big who is not that athletic which limits his defense, poor rebounder, but has reach

Not a fan of his game.  He's big but he's a finesse player.  I want someone tougher and more aggressive, don't care if they can shoot threes.  Ivica Zubac was the young Lakers big that I wanted.

Actually Bryant isn't as bad as I thought now that I've seen some video of him.  He's slow and floorbound but he's skilled.  He can dribble, shoot, and pass.  Silky touch from outside and inside.  And he's got a 7'6 wingspan.

He's the kind of dirt cheap young back up big I've been asking for.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Actually Bryant isn't as bad as I thought now that I've seen some video of him.  He's slow and floorbound but he's skilled.  He can dribble, shoot, and pass.  Silky touch from outside and inside.  And he's got a 7'6 wingspan.

He's the kind of dirt cheap young back up big I've been asking for.

And he’s only 20 years old.  Excellent guy to take a flyer on.

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Best bench player gone..

I disagree.  I wasn't as big a Mike Scott fan as most Wizards fans.  I thought he played the game with selfishness and tunnel vision.  He didn't rebound or play defense and he never passed the ball.  He was an excellent gunner with a strong array of scoring tools and he had a really hot shooting season.  But you can find bench gunners who bring nothing aside from scoring to the table.  I'd rather replace Scott with a more versatile guy like Treveon Graham, if possible.  We should be able to replace Scott's pure scoring ability with Austin Rivers, who is a much better passer than Scott was.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I disagree.  I wasn't as big a Mike Scott fan as most Wizards fans.  I thought he played the game with selfishness and tunnel vision.  He didn't rebound or play defense and he never passed the ball.  He was an excellent gunner with a strong array of scoring tools and he had a really hot shooting season.  But you can find bench gunners who bring nothing aside from scoring to the table.  I'd rather replace Scott with a more versatile guy like Treveon Graham, if possible.  We should be able to replace Scott's pure scoring ability with Austin Rivers, who is a much better passer than Scott was.

He was also so concerned with shooting 3s and finding ways to score. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Julius Randle signed for 9mil

Ian ****ing Mahinmi sitting on 16mil per to foul as fast humanly possible

I don't really understand how they could afford him, but I like that deal for them.

It also seems like this might be a sign they're going to let Cousins walk.

Can nobody plant a kilo of cocaine in Grunfeld's car?

maybe get a courtesan to play dead long enough to put in his trunk?

seriously considering calling up some media and telling them that Grunfeld called me a racial epithet because this **** must stop

• Like 2