Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Luc Mbah a Moute would have been a good pick up but I'm not sure you make it now that we've got Jeff Green.

A combo forward with a bigger body was something we really needed because Otto is our only legit combo forward and he gets worn down playing the four.  I'm actually glad that Mike Scott moved on, because I didn't love having a guy at the back up 4 spot who didn't rebound or play defense.  Mbah a Moute would have been ideal for us, but I'm guessing he cost more than Jeff Green or got a call from someone better.

Green will work though.  Just wish he wasn't so soft on defense.

Now the final things we need are a better C (someone like Howard, who would give us the ability to move Mahinmi) and a strong bodied SG/SF type like Treveon Graham.  If we could get those two players, then we'll actually have a pretty good and complete roster next season.

20 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

This is a strong move.  One year to get our **** together, trade Mahinmi, and then find a real long term solution next offseason.

Howard is a shell of who he used to be, but he can outperform 5.3 million by quite a bit.  He can rebound and he can defend and give us 25 decent minutes a night.  I think we're going to have a strong defense this year, and this is our ticket to being competitive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm sure hes super motivated to prove the haters wrong 

I'm certain they said the same in Atlanta and Charlotte

putting the over/under at 1.5 fights in the locker room this year. Hopefully one is Wall beating the **** out of Grunfeld

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

In December, you will have a six paragraph post explaining how the Wizards will beat Boston in the ECF because Wall is light years ahead of Iriving, Porter is now an All-Star, and Hayward's contract is an albatross because he'll never be healthy again.

And I will quote this, and you will get mad.

Small potatoes competition against also-rans like Boston is the only thing I'm going to have to talk about next season.  Viewing the league through a straw is the only way to enjoy it now.  I'm an addict.  I'll still watch.  But not every game any more.  Habit is keeping me engaged right now, and every season the league is like this, the closer I get to finding something else to do.

Like you said, when a league's interest and intrigue is driven entirely by its offseason, it's in an unhealthy place.

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Double negative.  Makes sense.

He's going to be a mess.  The locker room will be a powder keg.  But I wonder if it doesn't make a lot of sense to throw a true villain into it so that it will unite everyone else in their hatred of Dwight?

End of the day though, he works cheap, he'll give us our double-double, and he's only here for a year.  We basically just needed a place holder at the position in order to move Mahinmi.  We can try again next offseason.

41 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm sure hes super motivated to prove the haters wrong 

Like last year? Or, the year before that, or the year before that, or the year before that, or...

33 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is a strong move.  One year to get our **** together, trade Mahinmi, and then find a real long term solution next offseason.

Howard is a shell of who he used to be, but he can outperform 5.3 million by quite a bit.  He can rebound and he can defend and give us 25 decent minutes a night.  I think we're going to have a strong defense this year, and this is our ticket to being competitive.

Uh oh, Steve’s back in!

15 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Uh oh, Steve’s back in!

I was never out.  I'm just not as engaged any more.  And I don't think for a second that we have a chance at winning a ring.

It'd be nice to make it out of the East though, even if we got swept.

I want a camera in the locker room, or film room, when Dwight tells Wall he’s done switching onto guards at the three point line.  It’s going to happen and I want to see it.  

At at least it solves the Mahinmi problem, and there’s no doubt Howard is a huge upgrade at center from Gortat.  

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I want a camera in the locker room, or film room, when Dwight tells Wall he’s done switching onto guards at the three point line.  It’s going to happen and I want to see it.  

I don't think Dwight is that up front about things.  I think he'll just simply stop doing it, with no explanation.

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Well, they didn't exactly go out and sign Mr Rogers themselves.  Whole lot of teams out there wanted nothing to do with Cousins.

As far as I know, there were only two decent options at center this summer, Capela and Jordan.  Jordan required a huge deal and Capela probably gets a near max.  All of the other options for getting a starting C were really messy.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think Dwight is that up front about things.  I think he'll just simply stop doing it, with no explanation.

Well, they didn't exactly go out and sign Mr Rogers themselves.  Whole lot of teams out there wanted nothing to do with Cousins.

As far as I know, there were only two decent options at center this summer, Capela and Jordan.  Jordan required a huge deal and Capela probably gets a near max.  All of the other options for getting a starting C were really messy.

Boogie has a rep of being a hothead, Dwight has the rep of being a horrible teammate. Seriously, has anyone on any previous team said anything good about him in the last 6 or 7 years?

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

StillUnknown! I miss the Thumbwrestling thread. Good fights this weekend.

Totally justifiable reaction from the Warriors. The 3-time, defending NBA champions. Also totally justifiable for them to say this while taking a (admittedly smaller) gamble on Cousins. BUT- They are the NBA champs with no let-down in sight.

The Wizards are in a completely different situation. I'm not predicting anything grand but I think for this team at this time, they had to gamble and it's not costing them big money or long commitment. 

We're Dwights 6th team in 7 years and somehow people think he wants to prove people wrong?  LOL. 

Dude is what he is at this point.  Upgrade over Mahinmi but about the same as Gortat. 

This might be his last NBA stop before China.