Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

I'm excited that our starting centers name isn't Marcin Gortat.

Yup.  Dwight Howard is light years ahead of anything Gortat (or Mahinmi) can do.  I'm not saying he's going to be a young Shaq, but he's going to be a presence in the paint, something we haven't had in decades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yup.  Dwight Howard is light years ahead of anything Gortat (or Mahinmi) can do.  I'm not saying he's going to be a young Shaq, but he's going to be a presence in the paint, something we haven't had in decades.

I would agree with this.  I think he can average 15 and at least 10.  

Hopefully he can still bring it on defense.  It's been awhile since I've really seen him play but he should help this team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's ****ing bizarre.  Everyone in the industry likes Ernie.

I am 100% convinced this is how he's survived.  Everyone likes him on a personal level and constantly gives him a pass.  The soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

We all have that one guy at our jobs that isn't all that competent but stays employed because he's a generally nice guy who won't rock the boat or affect the status quo.

That's Ernie.

3 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Old man hip Otto was entirely a result of having to bang for rebounds because Marcin couldn’t do a damn thing on the boards. D12 is going to save years on otto’s Hips this year. 

No this is the result of Porter never hitting the gym. Guy is so weak for a guy his size. Someone like Leonard would Man handle him, Hell Oubre can now too

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's ****ing bizarre.  Everyone in the industry likes Ernie.

I am 100% convinced this is how he's survived.  Everyone likes him on a personal level and constantly gives him a pass.  The soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

Zorn was a nice guy, nice guys get fired all the time.  

I believe in urban legend Ted loves basketball more and meddles with us more, why we're his worst run team.  I know I like our starting 5 right now, I don't care who put it together.  Lets not forget:  KD doesn't like Ernie, not after the jumbotron thing.  I think a lot of GMs would of done this if in his position, Ernie looks good at the obvious movies.  But trading a 5th overall pick for two role players is a fireable offense that nobody outside DC talks about.  Never happened.

Image result for you didn't see anything gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Been looking at various Eastern Conference rosters and I don't see one roster that is clearly superior.

I saw a Raptor fan

Real talk man, Walla and Beal have both shown me they can play some of the best basketball in the league. Kyrie don't want smoke with them two for an entire series. I think Tatum and Porter could cancel each other out.

Philly, Simmons still can't shoot. Embid is a major problem... Adding Howard helps contain that.

Season is going to come down to Howard's attitude, and Brooks coaching. If both of them goes against their norm, I realistically think we can lose to the Warriors in Five in the Finals. 

And that's why I've been so mum about the off-season. Ernie actually made sensible moves and it changed the whole dynamic of our roster. Kind of wish his **** ass would've done this earlier. But it looks like he has it together and he'll be here for another ten years for this mediocre ass off-season. 

Sorry for the language, but I wish dude was gone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Been looking at various Eastern Conference rosters and I don't see one roster that is clearly superior.

PS: I saw a Raptor fan...once....

I'd argue that Boston's is clearly better, especially when you consider their coach will actually make the best use of the team's talent.

• Like 2

The problem with this team is not the talent level. They were clearly superior to everyone but Cleveland last season talent wise. And healthy Boston. 

The problem is, has been and seemingly always will be motivation and coaching. 

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Boston is way better than the Wizards. Relax

Their bench looked better than anything we have starting not named Wall

Edited by Llevron

Boston team was better the year we took them to 7.

All I know is in the NBA, if teams are close enough in talent, the team with the better high-end talent usually comes through. However, StillUnknown is right with the coaching. I promise that's the only reason I'd put money on Boston making it out the East right now. Especially with LeBron gone. 

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

I'd argue that Boston's is clearly better, especially when you consider their coach will actually make the best use of the team's talent.

Agreed, matching them in talent isn't enough by itself, Stevens is best coach in conference.  I think we can take them and agree they are only team that concerns as of right now.  Need to see improvement from philly.