Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

15 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Well... Devin Robinson proved he should get a chance at the 15th spot.

At the end of the game, I said I couldn't wait to see him in the Pre-Season. I don't see how he shouldn't be on this roster, or any roster in the NBA for that matter. He and Brown are ballers. It's that simple.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

The main criticism on Dwight is that he is oblivious as to how he comes across in a locker room. I don't think he is a bad guy who "tries" to disrupt a locker room, his previous obliviousness just leads to it happening. People get tired of him pretty quickly it seems, and judging by the quotes in this piece, he doesn't seem to recognize that, which is troubling.

I think Devin Robinson has done enough to get the 15th roster spot.  He gives us something different and valuable in our forward mix.

I think he question now is, if Robinson gets a fully guaranteed deal, who do we target for a two-way contract this season?  These things are a potentially useful resource for developing young talent, as Robinson is demonstrating.  Chiozza?  Maybe Aaron White?

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think Devin Robinson has done enough to get the 15th roster spot.  He gives us something different and valuable in our forward mix.

I think he question now is, if Robinson gets a fully guaranteed deal, who do we target for a two-way contract this season?  These things are a potentially useful resource for developing young talent, as Robinson is demonstrating.  Chiozza?  Maybe Aaron White?

Excuse my ignorance but what is a two way contract and why is that helpful? 

Also wanted to say that Troy Brown's final stat line from Vegas is one of the better ones from the rookie class:  18.4 PPG is 15th among all players, and fourth among rookies.  He also outrebounded Devin Robinson and I think he outrebounded all of the other rookie wings.

He played a lot better than Otto did his first summer in Vegas.  And he outplayed a lot of the players who were taken before him in this draft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a two way contract and why is that helpful? 

Two way contract is new for the NBA as of this past season.  The player is contracted to play for both an NBA team and G League teams at the same time.  They play the G League season and then spend a couple months on your NBA roster.  The player doesn't count against the 15 man roster limit and I don't think their contract counts against your cap.

It's useful because it's basically a minor league development tool.  It lets you hang on to the rights of a prospect you like but can't create a roster spot for and assign him to the G League teams you want.  It's how we were able to control Devin Robinson's development this past season even though he went undrafted and couldn't make our regular roster.

I'm not sure if we can sign Devin Robinson to another two-way deal this year.  He's shown enough to get offers for a full roster spot from teams IMO.  So we'll need to sign him and that'll free up our two-way contract option for another player.

• Like 1