Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I’m glad to read Wall’s down to 205 but why didn’t this organization do anything about him being 222 last season?  They know his knees are a problem, playing heavy isn’t something he can afford to do.  Why is it that individual fitness is something other teams seem so involved in while the Wizards seem entirely uninterested.  

Changing topics, can Aaron White shoot?  Any chance he makes a wizards roster yet?

46 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Thomas Bryant having a much better showing so far than in the 1st game.

Thomas needs to hit some threes, he shot 38.5% from three his final year in college.  7-6 wingspan with a three point shot is welcome on any bench in the nba.

23 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

more of the same from Brown Jr, has some points around the basket, and has been blocked on a couple of drives.

I don't think I've seen him hit a jumper yet though, otherwise its been positive

Wasn’t that the scouting report on him?  The knock on him was that he wasn’t a great athlete and couldn’t shoot.

13 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Devin Robinson hype train gaining momentum..

I don’t doubt it.  Especially when you consider how short on athleticism the Wizards front court has been.  

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Wasn’t that the scouting report on him?  The knock on him was that he wasn’t a great athlete and couldn’t shoot.

yep

seems to know his own weaknesses and plays more to his strengths which is a positive. Whether he contributes or not will depend on if he can still get to the rim facing NBA players

His handle has been a little loose today, but stuff like that can be cleaned up easy with time

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

yep

seems to know his own weaknesses and plays more to his strengths which is a positive. Whether he contributes or not will depend on if he can still get to the rim facing NBA players

His handle has been a little loose today, but stuff like that can be cleaned up easy with time

Wings have to able to shoot.  There are some rare exceptions, like with some defensive stoppers, but there are almost no very good wings that don’t have a jumpshot.  Doesn’t have to be a great shot, but they have to be able to shoot well enough.  If not opposing teams will treat them like teams Andre Robinson, which is to leave him entirely unguarded on the perimeter.  

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

yep

Bryant and Robinson look like the only guys with true potential to me after two games. Brown has looked as I thought he would be coming out, a tweener sized solid all around player that is not REALLY good at any one thing. Thought it was an uninspiring pick when made, and nothing I’ve seen thus far has changed my opinion.

He is very young, so there is that.

Troy Brown will be fine.  Anyone who can shoot 70 something percent from the FT line can learn to shoot 35+% off the catch on three+ threes a game.  Otto didn't have three ball range his rookie year and he was 20.  Kelly couldn't shoot either but he put in work with Drew Hanlan and has made big strides.  If the will to improve is there, then they can do it.  I don't think Troy Brown is a turd.

• Thanks 1

For some reason they show the first play twice.  Anyway, this is good stuff.  Ideal modern power forward play.

It's nice having Robinson on a two-way contract, but I wouldn't mind at all if he got the 15th roster spot.  He brings an explosive second bounce to the forward rotation.  Better athlete than Jeff Green.  Green is a pretty good athlete but he can't rise up off the floor like Robinson did on these dunks.

• Like 2

BTW, I was curious so I looked up Jeff Green's vertical leap from his combine, and did you all know that Jason Smith had a 37" vertical leap?  Alligator arms though.  But check this out, Nick Young had a ****ing 39.5 no step vertical leap and that is the best anyone has jumped since 1998.  And he had a 7' wing span.  And unusually big hands.  That dude is legitimately one of the most gifted athletes in the NBA.

Nick Young is a turd.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

BTW, I was curious so I looked up Jeff Green's vertical leap from his combine, and did you all know that Jason Smith had a 37" vertical leap?  Alligator arms though.  But check this out, Nick Young had a ****ing 39.5 no step vertical leap and that is the best anyone has jumped since 1998.  And he had a 7' wing span.  And unusually big hands.  That dude is legitimately one of the most gifted athletes in the NBA.

Nick Young is a turd.

NBA Champion Nick Young, put some respeck on the turd's name.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Man... Keita Bates-Diop has been playing really well in summer league.  Not picking him in the second is going to haunt us.

Similar situation to 2012 second round.  We picked Sato, and he has ended up being pretty good.  But we passed on Jae Crowder, Will Barton, Khris Middleton, and Draymond Green in the process.  And it took Sato five years to make an impact for us.

Issuf Sanon might end up being a quality player, but Bates-Diop will probably be better.