Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

He's got a really unhealthy relationship with his brother. I mean I have a brother too, love him to death, but I'm not obsessed with doing everything with him and will go weeks without seeing/talking to him no problem.

It's he your twin? Twins are a weird lot. Connected in a way regular people will never understand.

That said, he ain't the first twin to not play with his brother, he does need to get it together. Cuz I don't get the sense his brother is acting out.

Edited by justice98

Hump and a 1st for a guy that Phoenix desperately needed to get rid of with pending felony assault charges. 

Morris certainly is an upgrade at PF but we paid the suns for the honor of doing them a favor with this trade and returned to the knuckle head era in DC.  This is the most unstable personality the team has seen since Gilbert and the circus was broken up.  High risk at a high price, with a low reward.

desperate Ernie. He always does this.

Cbihy22VAAEez4_.jpg

The Markieff Morris trade is now official.

Defense was much better that first half. Handful of blocks and a handful of steals which have led to easy points. Good thing cause the offense has looked atrocious.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

People are so negative. This is a great trade. We traded two guys we were not using, and a protected 1st, in a really crappy draft. For a good young PF in his prime at a really friendly contract.

Morris, became very angry after he agreed to a very team friendly contract with the promise that his brother would remain on the team.... then they traded his brother.

His per 36 numbers the last two years before this season were very good

He is 26, 6'10" and shoots over 30% from 3.... He is a perfect fit to be honest.

Exactly. Some people cry about wet ****. And good win tonight. 2nd half run is coming.

Gortat played 2 seasons with Morris. Said "he's a really good kid," incidents were "blown out of proportion", and he's "kind of spicy."

Dudley on Morris: "Some of the stuff he did was unprofessional, but that being said, I guarantee you will have no problems w/him here."

Good win.

I'm not clear, what's this about a "protected" first? Phil said something like "it will roll over for several years." What does that mean?

That means if we end up picking in the draft between #1-9, Phoenix still has an opportunity to take our first round pick in a later draft. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

I like the trade. I'm not a huge fan of giving up that first, but I can understand it. A Morris trade was actually something I was hoping for before the start of the season, as I think he'll be a good fit. He's a knucklehead, but it really seems like it was exacerbated by the situation in Phoenix regarding the contract he took followed by them dealing his twin.

It's a high risk, high reward type of move. If he plays to the caliber he's shown previously, he provides that stretch 4 that this offense needs. He's a starter quality talent that's signed for 3 years at a very team friendly price.

Yes, it can go down in flames, but I think the potential benefits are worth the gamble.

I'm not concerned about the pick as long as he's not a cancerous malcontent. As a talent, at only 26, he's as good as a Ernie selected non-lottery pick would be. If a mid-first round draft pick could get you 10-15 pts and 5-6 boards and had his skill set, most would take that all day. That's basically what you're getting out of Otto and this pick would be much lower than that.

Forgot where I saw it, but someone said that one of the silver linings to trading the pick is that there is no one we need to develop.  LOLOLOLOLOLOL...sad, but true. 

Someone also said Morris will choke some health into Beal.  HA!

Edited by RonArtest15

I like the trade because I feel it helps fill a need at the 4 with someone I know can get pissed off. The danger of Durant not coming here makes me not want to waste time with the draft since its such a crap shot unless you have a really high pick (hell, even if you have a really high pick).

If Morris really want to turn his career around in DC then the trade will improve the Wizards significantly on paper. His contract is great, if things work out, which makes him likely the only good contract on an Ernie team. I'll never see it as a great trade however because Morris' value couldn't have been lower but you'd never know it looking at what Ernie traded for him. He gave up a rotation big that's played well for us (Hump) and a potential lottery pick for a guy that Phoenix was desperate to send away.