Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think this team is going to go on a post AS break and play their way into a low seed. Put themselves in a position to make some noise in the postseason.

Jared Dudley has been a gem of a pickup. Way more than just a 3 ball artist.

He's a joy to watch. A true fundamentals guy. And he's developed some good chemistry with our players. I really hope he comes back next season.

Morris has a soft mid range jumper, legitimate shot creativity, and knack for scoring in crunch time. He's going to be a useful offensive player. He just has to stay level headed.

Other thing I like about Morris is he's a good passer. The ball is flying around tonight. It's been a passing clinic.

LOL wtf foul on Sessions? Could have called like two fouls on Baynes for that screen.

Sessions has been a gem too. We absolutely need to extend him this summer.

This thread:

Win 2 games - we're going to the eastern conference championship game. Durant might come here. Beal is a future all-star.

Lose 2 games - we're a top ten lottery team. Why would Durant ever want to come here?! Beal's new nickname is Charmin.

Let's watch how it plays out a little further, shall we?

This thread:

Win 2 games - we're going to the eastern conference championship game. Durant might come here. Beal is a future all-star.

Lose 2 games - we're a top ten lottery team. Why would Durant ever want to come here?! Beal's new nickname is Charmin.

That's why I quit posting in here as much. When we're losing its intolerable. So much so that people think giving up Blair for Morris is bad because Blair was so much of a good locker room guy. Nevermind he never played lol. Hopefully these guys don't cheer too much for us when we make the playoffs.

• Like 1

This thread:

You just described this entire forum and sports fans in general.  Ever been to a game?  Notice how fans don't sit there quietly brooding and thinking "why should I stand up and cheer for that, they'll probably need to score at least x more number of times.  Yeah, no need to do anything but watch just yet."  Fans are excitable and frankly the thrill of sports isn't found in it's cool logic. 

Live a little Gamebreaker.  Embrace the crazy.  :lol:

• Like 1

Joakim Noah is probably done in Chicago. He'd been relegated to coming off the bench this year, and he got seriously injured and needed season ending surgery in January.

1.) I wonder if he'd be willing to continue coming off the bench and playing 20-25 MPG?

2.) I wonder how much he'd cost?

Offensively, he's started rapidly declining. But he's still the same stud rebounder and defender he used to be. Imagine if we could get him to be our sixth man. We don't have anyone like him in the locker room, and I think this team really needs a high energy competitor and worker to help establish and cement a defensive culture. I wouldn't mind offering him a 1+1 deal to get him to let him try and revive his career here. We're going to need someone good to replace Nene and back up Gortat and provide insurance in case he ever got hurt. Someone who is a true center.

The other names I was thinking about were Tyler Zeller (Boston can't keep all of their bigs) and Ian Mahinmi (a very high quality back up that's in his prime).

Of those choices, Noah is obviously on the downswing of his career, and has the least reliable health. But I think he could be fairly cheap as a result, and he's a culture changer. I think he could be an Iggoudala-type presence in the locker room.

being there last night and watching way up from the nosebleeds. It looked like a lot of times that whatever play had been called was abandoned early in the playclock. Not to say it was bad, because they still scored. But sometimes it just looked like they just freelanced. On TV it never feels like it happens that much.

• Like 1

Wizards are 5-2 over their last 7 games.

Wizards are 5-7 over their last 12 games.

Wizards are 10-9  over their last 19 games. 

You could play this game going back through the whole season -- because the next 5 games back they are (1-4).

Dear goodness -- I just looked at the standings and realized Miami is leading the division.