Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think we're 1-1 vs. Cleveland this year.  For whatever the reason, this team elevates it play when it comes to the Cavs.  Even with the 8 seed, I wouldn't be shocked at all if we pulled off an upset.

I'd be surprised. I think we'd give Cleveland a series and would push it to six, maybe even seven. But I don't think we have the horses to beat them in a seven game series. I think Kyrie will be a big playoff performer and LeBron is almost always brilliant in the postseason. And I expect Love to be a bigger factor. They've got great star power at the top, but also a bunch of playoff overachievers on their roster, as evidenced by last year's run.

They're vulnerable though. A lot more vulnerable than I expected. I thought they'd win upper 60s this year and be a powerhouse but the dysfunctional situation witch David Blatt threw them off that kind of track.

We'll end up with a first round against the Celtics.

That wouldn't scare me. They are classic regular season overachievers. No stars to provide go to offense against playoff D. Reliant on a deep squad and great coaching. Their big strengths that just killed us during the regular season would mostly be minimized.

I think we'd beat them in five.

I'll be damned. We in here hoping for Playoff Randy again? Anyone that admits to being a Wizards fan should be allowed to walk around with a card saying so, or a medical bracelet.

"What's his problem?" Turns over wrist. "Oh, GD".

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

Not scared of the Celtics just looking at the standings and they're 4th. We've been the 5th two years in a row, no sense in stopping now. It will be like what we did to the raptors last season, or the Bulls before that. They're favored until they realize our guys weren't really trying during the regular season and Randy turns into a real NBA coach.

Btw bulls are 8th so tonight's game matters if we're making a playoff push. It's not must win but a win tonight helps more than most.

I think we're 1-1 vs. Cleveland this year.  For whatever the reason, this team elevates it play when it comes to the Cavs.  Even with the 8 seed, I wouldn't be shocked at all if we pulled off an upset. 

It's the NBA. 8 seeds don't beat one seeds (Yes, it happened like 3x in almost 70 years of basketball, so pretty much never) and just looking at rosters, it would be a dismantling.

We'll end up with a first round against the Celtics.

I miss the days of  Ricky Davis when we would just run them over every time we played. This season they've been a damn thorn. No thanks.

Yeah... Chicago is playing with a loose whistle tonight. Home cooking officiating.

Well beat Boston in a 7 game playoff series. I think wed beat anyone in the East in the playoffs except Cleveland and Toronto.

Definitely afraid of playing Toronto after the bloodbath that happened when we played them last year. Oh wait...

But yes, Cleveland would beat us.

Two fouls on Wall. Both ticky tacky too.