Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kyle Lowry, I can see the debate. He's taken his game to the next level.

I don't, because if you had to chose one of the two guys to run a team the pick would be Wall 10x out of 10. 

Kyle Lowry, for as good of a year as he's having, he's the 2nd best PG in the east, but there is a WIDE gap between him and Wall. 

• Like 1

Yeah the key to understanding Wall's value is understanding how much shot creation he generates. We're used to watching a Wall-led offense so we take it for granted that our players routinely get good shots. But watching the AS game hit home for me the difference between an offense led by Wall and an offense led by a different ball handler. Wall is incredible at producing good shots and this is not the normal case for NBA PGs.

I think you could quantify this trait by counting the number of a team's possessions that end in a good look--an open shot--and then qualify the good look by weighting it based on the efficiency of the shot--looks in the paint and from three being worth more than mid range shots & forgiveness for shots coming at the end of the shot clock.

I bet Wall would score best in the league in total number of good looks produced. And I bet if he were behind anyone in per minute consideration of the stat, it would only be Paul and Curry.

This plus the fact that Wall is a defensive stud when he wants to be makes him an incredibly valuable player with one of the most expansive and impactful games in the league. He's the best PG in the East, fourth best in the league, and probably just a hair below Paul George as the third best player in the conference.

• Like 1

Hickson is a tough rebounder.  This team is so much tougher on the glass all of a sudden.  Hickson and Morris are upgrades.  Nene and Gortat are also trying a lot harder.  Wall is too.

We are absolutely nuts if we don't give Sessions an extension this summer.  He's been outstanding.

Man Morris sees the floor really well for a big guy.  He's got a good a surprisingly good BBIQ.  Doesn't match up with his reputation as a knucklehead.

I said when we traded for him he was a borderline all star player last year.

I really don't think he is too much of a knucklehead. He and his brother agreed to absurdly friendly deals on the premise that neither would be traded. Then they traded his brother, so he essentially just told the Suns to F off in various ways.

He went to Kansas, Bill Self usually doesn't take on bad apples at that school.

I said when we traded for him he was a borderline all star player last year.

I really don't think he is too much of a knucklehead. He and his brother agreed to absurdly friendly deals on the premise that neither would be traded. Then they traded his brother, so he essentially just told the Suns to F off in various ways.

He went to Kansas, Bill Self usually doesn't take on bad apples at that school.

Both he and his brother have a pretty glaring record of knucklehead behavior, including pending felony assault charges.  Phoenix fans said the team traded his brother specifically to help Markieff because Marcus was getting him into all kinds of ****.  Certainly he needed a change of scenery, but most of the blame in the situation that developed belongs to him and his brother.

Both he and his brother have a pretty glaring record of knucklehead behavior, including pending felony assault charges.  Phoenix fans said the team traded his brother specifically to help Markieff because Marcus was getting him into all kinds of ****.  Certainly he needed a change of scenery, but most of the blame in the situation that developed belongs to him and his brother.

Ehh I disagree, they are no saints, but Phoenix took advantage of them, that is certainly evident. They traded Marcus because they were trying to clear cap space to make a run at Aldridge