Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall and Gortat have been fun to watch in the 4th. The rest of the team less so.

They were brilliant. We don't win if they don't carry us like they did. Morris was really good too. A key to the win. Otto was good in the first half but disappeared in the second half again. Same story for Sessions tonight, who never really got back into a rhythm. Beal just couldn't get the ball to go down tonight, he was really battling his shot. Temple and Dudley were invisible. I think they might be wearing down :(.

This is a night where we could have used Gary Neal. Our heads were spinning in that third quarter, and he has the ability to limit opposing runs by aggressively searching for shots and hitting tough ones.

I think this draft is the make or break with the 76ers. Ish, Stauskas, Covington, Okafor, and Noel are all NBA players. The jury is still out on Embiid. They need to strike it big in the draft this year, and probably get a good asset out of Noel/Embiid. Otherwise, I see them blowing up again.

Washington is as good as Wall can make them. It isnt fair that he has to be super human for us to beat the friggin 76ers, but thats where we are at. Morris has been a great acquisition though.

Temple and Dudley were invisible. I think they might be wearing down :(.

Yea you are probably right. I think Dudley is still 2nd in minutes played for this team, coming off back surgery. Thats crazy. It might be smart to give him some rest and go with Morris/Otto/Oubre for a few games.

Temple can just sit for the rest of the year.

It would also be nice if Randy would bury the 3 guard lineup. I dont remember a single time this season where it has worked. Whether its Wall/Beal/Sessions, or Wall/Sessions/Temple, etc. It just has not worked. Oubre might be green as hell, but he has some length to help with defense. Might be beneficial to get him a few minutes rather than trot out the 3 guard lineup again.

Whew.....made it past this dense stretch of the schedule while only dropping one game that we shouldn't have (Chicago) and winning one that we perhaps shouldn't have (Cleveland). Now rest, get Anderson & Nene back, and win the various upcoming winnable games. Indy, Chicago, and Detroit are all upcoming, all winnable, and we need to beat them to catch them.

Beal sucked tonight. Hopefully some rest will do him well.

Edited by TheItalianStallion

Eight games in 12 nights coming out of the AS break and we went 6-2. I'll take it. No rest for the weary either. Road games against some frisky Western teams up next, plus a road game against Cleveland. They're going to be looking for revenge.

Five team scrum for the final two playoff spots and we're the dark horse. We're going to have to keep winning at this clip to get a spot.

We need to get Floyd Mayweather Jr to start coming to more Wizards home games apparently.

• Like 1

Random pet peeve: I'm all for analytics but you can't tell me Wall isn't a top 5 PG in this league.

Analytics don't account for the pressure he puts on a team with his speed/quickness etc.

Some folks are wedded to numbers (realgm posters) above all else.

I don't understand how Steph Curry isn't basically an glorified SG? And I'm not trying to downplay how good he is but I feel like as an overall PG Wall is better. Unpopular opinion, I know.

• Like 2

I don't understand how Steph Curry isn't basically an glorified SG? And I'm not trying to downplay how good he is but I feel like as an overall PG Wall is better. Unpopular opinion, I know.

unpopular and wrong

steph is mos def a point guard. Wall ain't close to him, and thats really not a knock on Wall.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Morris is way better than what we were going to get out of Blair/Humprhies/1st. We are now entering Wall's prime. He no longer needs 19 year olds that get red-shirted an entire year. He needs guys who can produce now.

"I am Ernie Grunfeld, and I approve this message."

4331489943_Wizards_needs_to_fire_Ernie_G

• Like 2

Morris is starting to win me over. I'm still in wait and see mode on that deal. But there is a good chance it'll end up being a steal. It still depends on him keeping out of trouble, but maybe he will after changing scenery and being separated from his brother.

Morris is a lot more skilled and energetic than I expected. He had a reputation for lousy effort and doing some low IQ knucklehead stuff on the court. But he's physical and active. Runs the floor well. Finishes hard. Good touch on his jumper. Some real post creativity. And upper echelon floor vision for his position. It's been a minute since we've seen passing from the post like this guy does.

I think he will slide into our starting line up at PF seamlessly. I think his game compliments Wall's because he's a floor runner and a quality pick and roll/pop option. And I can see him developing nice chemistry with Gortat. The defense is mediocre and he doesn't seem to have three ball range, but those are the only complaints I have so far. If he stays clean he's worth a first round pick.

• Like 1