Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

we got a combined 4 points from our starting SG and SF tonight

Otto wasn't supposed to be a project. Was hoping to see some kind of consistency from him this season.

if I didn't know any better, I'd accuse them of making sure Cleveland covered the spread

Edited by StillUnknown

Awful performance. Hopefully they bounce back against Indy, that's one of the most important games remaining on the schedule.

Sucks that we haven't been able to shoot from three for what feels like several weeks now. Otto isn't ready to play big minutes on a quality playoff team yet. But we don't really better options. Dudley is wearing down, Anderson was a wasted signing, and Oubre is a couple years away. Eddie is unplayable apparently.

Temple is done. He shouldn't even be in the rotation at this point, much less starting. Right now he's one of the worst players in the league. Put him out of his misery and bench him and split his minutes between Anders, Oubre, and Eddie. They simply can't be worse.

Otto is completely glued to the corner. I don't know if it's by design ( of course it is), but he is the best off-ball player on this team, and damn well shouldn't be stuck in a freaking corner while temple gets the green light from anywhere. He should be cutting every second he's on the court until he's out of breath. If u want a spot up 3, then put Eddie or some other guy out there. But don't waste his talent by having him stand in the ****ing corner.

Temple should be out of the rotation at this point. But that does NOT mean Gary Neal for 30 minutes. Play oubre there or something. Or just put beal back in the starting lineup.

Look at our Roster and the Celtics Roster. Then their coach and our coach. Look at the difference 

I'm not even sure what out half court offense philosophy is, and apparently the philosophy on defense is to just not play it. And Temple should be in the D-league, yet we start him. He played 27 minutes to record 3 fouls last night.

Once we are healthy and as Morris continues to mesh, we should get better. Wall-Beal-Porter-Morris-Gortat starting and Sessions-neal-Anderson-Dudley-Nene are good rotations to put out there with Hickson getting in every now and then.

We need to make Porter lift in the offseason. He has the length and skill set, but he is frail when you compare him to leonard, who has the same length as him.

This really comes back to coaching, I mean we looked so bad last night. It looked like Kansas playing some team like Eastern Tennessee State, it was awful.

It is funny we do have the pieces in place to where if Durant does come here, we will be insanely good. Wall would be so much better for Durant than Westbrook. I think there is a real possibility of Durant to DC other than the usual fan hopefulness, but we need to show that we are at least a playoff team

Durant's not coming here, but I'd settle for Paul George.

It's either here or the Thunder, don't really see why people see that as unrealistic. 70% chance he stays in OKC, 25% chance he comes here, 5 % chance he goes anywhere else. 

He isn't going to the Warriors. Certainly not going to NY, or Chicago. Lakers are probably the 5% chance at anywhere else to be honest.

Most likely he stays, if he leaves most likely to DC.

It's either here or the Thunder, don't really see why people see that as unrealistic. 70% chance he stays in OKC, 25% chance he comes here, 5 % chance he goes anywhere else. 

He isn't going to the Warriors. Certainly not going to NY, or Chicago. Lakers are probably the 5% chance at anywhere else to be honest.

Most likely he stays, if he leaves most likely to DC.

25% is waaaaaaay too high man. It was probably at best like 10% and now its probably down to maybe 1-2% tops.

25% is waaaaaaay too high man. It was probably at best like 10% and now its probably down to maybe 1-2% tops.

Disagree any inferences and indications about his upcoming FA says DC is an actual possibility.... if he leaves OKC, which is a big if. If He says he is leaving OKC and goes on to make a list of his top 3 destinations.... we are on the list for sure.

Edited by Skins199021

Ernie must think the odds are better than that. He's been structuring contracts to make Durant an offer for the last 3 years. Doubt he'd do that if he felt he had less than 10% chance of getting him.

From the outside I agree with you, looks like a unlikely long shot.