Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I hate Garrett Temple

I hate the fact that we are forced to rely on Garrett Temple

Don't waste all that anger, save it for when we're spending 15 million to start Temple 30 games next season.

Gortat refuses to use any force around the basket, so damn delicate

Looked to me like he didn't know how much time was left and was trying to get it out of his hand. Gortat rarely offers up a floater like that. It's usually a different soft attempt, just not that one.

We need a second scoring option that can create so bad. Most good teams have more than two. :/

What happened to Otto cutting to the rim. That was his offense and now he's stationary. Is he hurt, depressed, or has Wittman told him to stand on a spot?

We need a second scoring option that can create so bad. Most good teams have more than two. :/

What happened to Otto cutting to the rim. That was his offense and now he's stationary. Is he hurt, depressed, or has Wittman told him to stand on a spot?

a hearty 7 points from our starting SF, in an overtime game no less

Early I said "second scoring option" I should have said primary scoring option. Wall is pass first, and great at that role, but he's not a consistent efficient scoring option. 25 shots for 20 points is ugly in today's NBA, and wall has too many of those kinds of nights, but I don't blame him because he has no other star or reliable scorer to lean on.

a hearty 7 points from our starting SF, in an overtime game no less

Yeah, he doesn't just look like Temple this season. We have no options though. Anderson has been out all season and Oubre has no offensive game yet.

Frustrating year.

I mean, 11-23 from the line. Do they practice half court shots at the shoot around? Crucial play out of a time out is a Wall mid range short in the clock. Thats the play that was drawn up? Are you ****ing kidding me. They have Mason Plumblee and Ed Davis, both <50% free throw shooters, and we decided to not only go small, but let Lillard and Mcollum get whatever shot they want. Meanwhile, Blatt gets fired while his team is 1st in the division...

He scored 7 points halfway through the third period. Then Witt took him out and never played him again. Yet, thats Ottos fault? This loss is on Randy and the coaching staff.

I'm not putting the loss on Otto, just saying we should be getting a lot more from the guy.

single digits in 8 out of the last 10

20+ times on the year

its Otto's problem

Edited by StillUnknown

Ottos game has changed though and that is something I find curious. He's not getting open looks around the rim by moving without the ball. He's catching the ball much further out. Someone get me a press pass, I'll get to the bottom of this.

Well, he isnt cutting to the basket at all. In fact, if he ever moves or gets the ball, its a back screen which eventually ends up with him standing in the corner. They give Marcin free reign in the paint, and order everyone else to stand on the perimeter. Thats a coaching philosophy.

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Well, he isnt cutting to the basket at all. In fact, if he ever moves or gets the ball, its a back screen which eventually ends up with him standing in the corner. They give Marcin free reign in the paint, and order everyone else to stand on the perimeter. Thats a coaching philosophy.

That's my suspicion as well. The Wizards have changed something and maybe to open driving lanes for Wall, Beal, and Sessions. Gortat/Nenr stay in the middle as their first dump off option, if that's not an easy bucket there they kick it out. That's where they got Otto planted on a spot, where he's least effective. I've noticed confusion anytime they pass the ball more than twice unless they are swinging it around the perimeter, that also suggests changes have been made. This late in the year they should all have a good understanding of where their team mates should be on the floor.

If we miss the playoffs the season ends with no playoffs, no draft picks, and no confidence in the coach or GM. What a mess.

As long as those are the former coach and GM, so be it. This mess has been treated with dish soap and we need ****ing Lysol spray with surfactants.