Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I called Sato never playing here awhile a guy and got ****ed at for it. I knew this was coming. At some point this Ernie thing has to end. He's an absolute disaster.

Don't worry, Ernie will still be here to draft another Euro to add to his long string of successes

Are you sure? I don't even think they really like each other.

concocted stuff. Durant defends Russy hard and has for a while. They consider each other brothers.

Westbrook takes away from Durants numbers, he plays for himself too much. He doesn't defer enough to Durant and acknowledge that Durant is a more efficient and better scorer than he is. You can build around Westbrook, but him and Durant are not a good match.

If Durant is on your team, you want him shooting over 20 shots a game, he is too efficient not to be getting that many attempts. Like Jordan you want him at 20-25 per game. He is the best scorer I have seen since Jordan. 

Him and Wall can coexist, not sure about Beal though. A pure shooter like Korver would probably be better for that set up because Beal likes to take a lot of shots as well.

Russy doesnt take away from Durant's stats. Thats been statistically shown over hte last few years.

Durant being physically weak takes away from his numbers. Not Westbrook.

Durant is taking 19 a game now.

The issue is coaching there and Russy and Durant not trusting their teammates.

Don't worry, Ernie will still be here to draft another Euro to add to his long string of successes

I think the real issue is Sato sees how little playing time Randy gives first year guys and has no interest in wasting away on the bench. I knew when we drafted Oubre he wasn't going to play and I was right. The sad thing is Ted is content letting John Wall waste away. He's done the same thing to Ovi.

I'm just so sad at this point. Ernie won't go away, Randy has a lifetime contract and we have no shot at getting better. Beal is loaded with talent but constantly hurt and save for Wall the rest of the roster is just filler. Randy cannot develop young talent.

Dude, stop calling him Russy. It's really creepy.

Edited by Taylor703

I think the real issue is Sato sees how little playing time Randy gives first year guys and has no interest in wasting away on the bench. I knew when we drafted Oubre he wasn't going to play and I was right. The sad thing is Ted is content letting John Wall waste away. He's done the same thing to Ovi.

From the little I've read on him, he genuinely loves playing for Barcelona. Add to the fact that his boy Vesely probably didn't leave a glowing review of Wittman or Grunfeld, and I can see why Sato is reluctant to leave.

Edited by StillUnknown

I wouldn't want to leave Barcelona either if I were Sato. I'd rather live in Barcelona and be young, rich, famous, and successful then come to Washington D.C. and be miserable playing for a mediocre team in a city that has completely given up on its team.

Its too late now... We could have traded him, but would have gotten pennies on the dollar this season due to his injuries. Yea we dont really have much of a choice but to max him and hope he turns it around. Its happened before. (see Curry, Wardell). shrugs...

This game has a deathknell-feel. We are phenomenally terrible against perimeter shooting teams that move the ball around. On top of that, they will have a 7 footer sitting on the baseline. Gortat cant guard past 7 feet from the basket. Then there is the matter of Lillard. We are going to see Temple player 42 minutes trying to guard Damion. Suck city.

concocted stuff. Durant defends Russy hard and has for a while. They consider each other brothers.

Russy doesnt take away from Durant's stats. Thats been statistically shown over hte last few years.

Durant being physically weak takes away from his numbers. Not Westbrook.

Durant is taking 19 a game now.

The issue is coaching there and Russy and Durant not trusting their teammates.

If it sounds like a pet name you'd give your dog or a mentally handicap child, than its probably a crap nickname. Just my 2¢.

I'm sorry but I had to say something.

• Like 1

Otto has 3 shots in the first half. One was on a fast break steal. Another was on a bailout pass. Randy, you have got to try a little harder to get your talent involved in the game. Thats inexcusable. Every single possesion is a Wall and Gortat/Dudley pick and roll. Every single possession. Unless Sessions has it, which means Sessions layup.