Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd like to see a better offensive coach in here before we decide Otto can't play.  Which of course means we need a better GM. 

So how long before we announce Beal's max extension?  Any day now right? 

Yeah same. I don't think Porter will ever be a star but no reason he can't be a solid 3rd/4th option on a good team.

I'd like to see a better offensive coach in here before we decide Otto can't play.  Which of course means we need a better GM. 

So how long before we announce Beal's max extension?  Any day now right?

Shouldn't be long. I have it on good authority that we "don't have a choice".

What amazes me is that apparently a lot of us fans are better at evaluating talent in the draft than EG apparently.

I know for me (and I am sure many other people)

I wanted Wall, Leonard, Beal, Porter, Portis, in their respective drafts. Literally not hindsight. When our pick came up in each of those years that is the player I wanted. EG apparently can only operate well if he has a top 3 pick. 

Many were clamoring for Leonard the whole way up to that draft... EG honestly must have the of the grace of God behind him as that is only 1 of a billion mind boggling things he has done

Beal is the most fragile athlete I've ever seen.

You are a Redskins fan right ? 

Durant only stays in OKC if he has a promise from Westbrook that he will also return after next year.

Promises can be empty. I could see him going to a different Western team at this point. 

Promises can be empty. I could see him going to a different Western team at this point.

True, but they've played together their whole career. I think Durant would know if Russell was serious or not. I made that point because I can definitely see KD leaving if he's uncertain Westbrook is staying. He'd be in a much worse situation in regards to winning a title in OKC by himself.

Now you put him on this team, with Wall, Porter, Gortat, Morris and potentially Dudley. And he's a got a PG that isn't necessarily better than Westbrook, but is better suited to his game. In the East, where he would really only need to get past one team is instead of four.

You are a Redskins fan right ? 

What other team though? The only 2 teams I could see him going to in the West is possibly the Lakers if he wants to go and rebuild them, or Portland as a dark horse team.

He isn't going to the Warriors, or the Spurs, or the Mavericks, or Clippers. Maybe Houston but Doubtful. In the East clearly us with maybe the Heat in play. Celtics could be another dark horse team.

No way he goes to Toronto, Detroit, NY, Clevland, or Chicago 

Are you sure? I don't even think they really like each other.

Whether they like each other or not, the only way OKC wins a title coming out of the West is with the two of them healthy. If he signs a long term deal and then Westbrook bolts for a different team a year later he might as well be the western conference version of Carmelo. Stuck on a team with no shot at a title, where the ceiling for the team is a #8 seed and a first round exit.

Westbrook takes away from Durants numbers, he plays for himself too much. He doesn't defer enough to Durant and acknowledge that Durant is a more efficient and better scorer than he is. You can build around Westbrook, but him and Durant are not a good match.

If Durant is on your team, you want him shooting over 20 shots a game, he is too efficient not to be getting that many attempts. Like Jordan you want him at 20-25 per game. He is the best scorer I have seen since Jordan. 

Him and Wall can coexist, not sure about Beal though. A pure shooter like Korver would probably be better for that set up because Beal likes to take a lot of shots as well.

So, Sato just signed an extension with Barcelona. Cant say I blame him, but the fact that we sold Jordan Clarkson because we felt that we had a solid backup in waiting in Satoransky blows. Though, Im just assuming there was a reason that wasnt awful for us to sell the rights to Clarkson. Looks like Sessions will be resigned, no questions asked.

Also, looks like Durant is out if OKC doesnt make the finals...

So, Sato just signed an extension with Barcelona. Cant say I blame him, but the fact that we sold Jordan Clarkson because we felt that we had a solid backup in waiting in Satoransky blows. Though, Im just assuming there was a reason that wasnt awful for us to sell the rights to Clarkson. Looks like Sessions will be resigned, no questions asked.

The Wizards need to burn that bridge.  I don't want any part of a 25 year old NBA rookie (the youngest he can be when the Wizards can bring him over) that's demanding a higher contract.  NBA players are confident they can succeed in this league, they don't wait around complacent waiting for the opportunity they think might be ideal. 

Plus, this is embarrassing to the organization and they've made decisions assuming he'd be here.  We're begging a 2nd round pick and selling Jordan Clarkson, this is after he's put off coming here before.  Fool me once...